Look captain, no hands! (Auto-Jumpdrive!)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can you guess what my ship is doing, why/how it is where it is, and how it is doing it without me?

Hint: I am the only one onboard (singleplayer)! :p

Last edited:

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    You're sitting on a wedge, with what appears to be a glitched out lighten mode or different textures...

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Did you get stuck in the floor. This happens to me sometimes. I end up having to use my personal hand salvager to get out.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    It's hard to tell but I think Planr is sitting on a wedge giving the illusion of being half in the floor.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Lol no you guys are all missing it. I'm not stuck in the floor. I'm sitting on a wedge seat on the bridge of my ship. The ship is jumping all by itself!

This is what the bridge looks like when not jumping:

Reactions: PizzaPress
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Logic jumping now possible, totally awesome.
    I should also mention this completely nullifies the need for jumpgates. I traveled to the adjacent galaxy in less than 10 minutes with about 40 1-block jumpdrives and without even flying the ship on my own.

You can also bypass interdiction with this if your drive is strong enough. Itll autocharge while you get to fight back at the same time haha. The logic jumping works with waypoints too.

While this is really fun and enables Star Wars-esque FTL travel (jumping across the galaxy in a matter of hours or minutes) its pretty unfair balance wise, so I dont expect it to stay around for long. I am quite surprised though that AndyP and Lancake have not noticed this capability, because its been in the game for a very long time. Anyways the best we can do to level the playing field for now is for everyone to be able to know this neat trick :D

IMO though balance wise ships should only be able to have one jumpdrive computer anyway. You can already only have one scanner and cloaker, so its fair. Multijump ships have always pissed me off anyway.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Agame3
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I should also mention this completely nullifies the need for jumpgates. I traveled to the adjacent galaxy in less than 10 minutes with about 40 1-block jumpdrives and without even flying the ship on my own.

You can also bypass interdiction with this if your drive is strong enough. Itll autocharge while you get to fight back at the same time haha. The logic jumping works with waypoints too.
    This gave me quite a scare when I flew the our implementation of this ship drive, from what I can tell inhibitors didn't work on logic charged jump drives. Did you ever fix the issue of the drive auto-firing as soon as it's full? If one isn't careful you can end up stuck jumping for as many jumps as you have drives.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    This gave me quite a scare when I flew the our implementation of this ship drive, from what I can tell inhibitors didn't work on logic charged jump drives. Did you ever fix the issue of the drive auto-firing as soon as it's full? If one isn't careful you can end up stuck jumping for as many jumps as you have drives.
    Lol, its easy to control. Only one drive will jump at a time, so as long as you stay in the ship core its fairly easy to stop the process.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Lol, its easy to control. Only one drive will jump at a time, so as long as you stay in the ship core its fairly easy to stop the process.
    Typically it's hard to discern which block is which, or even what room the camera is in while a ship is jumping :|. The other half of the time the ship blocks aren't even rendered and can't be interacted with. Unless you are the type to have all your computers directly because your core. Which it sounds like you are.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Typically it's hard to discern which block is which, or even what room the camera is in while a ship is jumping :|. The other half of the time the ship blocks aren't even rendered and can't be interacted with. Unless you are the type to have all your computers directly because your core. Which it sounds like you are.
    On the "prototype" I did, I just used my Destroyer type ship and literally just slapped everything i needed on the outside of the ship. easy access.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    how did you get it to charge the drives? i can get it to jump but i cant get it to charge

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It DOES charge by itself, but very slowly. You have to use like 20+ constantly running activation circuits running through a single button that then feeds into all of the jump computers, if you want it to charge to its quickest ability

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Purchased!
    I am going to have to look into implementing this system on my battleship. Any unusual quirks I should know about? Also, Does the size of the jump drive effect the charging speed? Furthermore, is the charging speed diminished?

Also, do you have to use timing circuits to regulate multiple jump drives, or do they output when they jump, or do they naturally queue up the jumps one by one?
    EDIT:
    Ok, forget I asked that one. Instead, I will ask how you stopped the process.
    EDIT EDIT: I completely forgot to properly communicate the magnitude of this revelation.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Planr
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am going to have to look into implementing this system on my battleship. Any unusual quirks I should know about? Also, Does the size of the jump drive effect the charging speed? Furthermore, is the charging speed diminished?

Also, do you have to use timing circuits to regulate multiple jump drives, or do they output when they jump, or do they naturally queue up the jumps one by one?
    EDIT:

Ok, forget I asked that one. Instead, I will ask how you stopped the process.
    EDIT EDIT: I completely forgot to properly communicate the magnitude of this revelation.
    using an and and an inner ship remote you can make it easy to start and stop

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Purchased!
    using an and and an inner ship remote you can make it easy to start and stop
    I had a strong suspicion you were going to say that. The reason I ask is that logic does not always behave in ways you might expect when you overclock it or make it overly complicated. Speaking of that, Would it be more efficient to overclock a single activator, or is it better to 'amplify' a simplified clock?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    I had a strong suspicion you were going to say that. The reason I ask is that logic does not always behave in ways you might expect when you overclock it or make it overly complicated. Speaking of that, Would it be more efficient to overclock a single activator, or is it better to 'amplify' a simplified clock?
    i simply used 1 clock triggering a button
    not worried about speed since its a sleeper drone. doesnt need to be fast... just needs to jump

Reactions: Trekkerjoe
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Purchased!
    Ok, I initially tried 'amplifying' the activator(making the activator the slave of several activators), but this quickly proved to be a complete waste of time and space. So I instead tried using a heavily overclocked clock, and well:

As you can see, I was in the build mode, and it was moving almost constantly with two drives. I am quite impressed with the simplicity I achieved with a single clock, overclocked several times, routed to a button routed to the drives. The only problem I can see with this kind of setup is that it is possible to lag out and go into power recovery mode. Obviously this is not exactly conducive to continuous warp-travel.

Reactions: Planr