Light Vs Dark News

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Knights Hospitaller Enter the Fray, Side With Dark

The Elysium-Alae region has once again become the focal point of the Light-Dark conflict. Fledgling faction, Knights Hospitaller, initially declaring alignment to light, suddenly realigned to "Neutral leaning to dark" sometime yesterday. Two hours ago, 3 Salamis class warships bearing darkside markings and Kinghts Hospitaller transponder codes entered New Elysium's home sector and began to open fire on fleet assets stationed in the area. According to New Elysium's LoneBlueWolf, "The 4th Battle group was here. The fight lasted a lot less time then yesterdays. It took less then 3 minuites before the first Salamis died and the second one was at around 53%. I did notice after seeing the firepower they tried to run away." Members or leadership from the KH were unavailable for comment.

starmade-screenshot-0009.png
    New Elysium's 4th Battle Group

Last edited:

Napther

Grumpy builder of Kaiju Design Initiative
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Surprised that fleet repelled anything given their small size :P
    Its better to have invulnerable Homebase turrets, a few good missile beam will chunk the salamis...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Fleet Exercises held between New Elysium and Mechanical Wings

Due to increasing activity in Elysium-Alae, regional factions Mechanical Wings and New Elysium conducted fleet readiness exercises culminating in a live fire engagement with unmanned vessels. While Mechanical Wings is a light side faction and New Elysium recently reverted to a neutral for-hire status, their proximity and shared regional interest remains a factor in thier continued cooperation.

Last edited:

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    NaStral Hey! Where is the news of the crushing victory for the Outer Kark?

Your signature picture still creeps me out btw. lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Knights Hospitaller Move Against OOB

Reports have come in from multiple sources of an assault against a defense station owned by the Order of Bogatyrs. The dark aligned faction, Knight's Hospitaller has claimed responsibility for the unprovoked attack. The station was quickly overwhelmed by a force of 12 KH vessels, the bulk of which were Salamis and Punisher class corvettes along with a Manticore class battleship and an Imperial Death Orb cruiser. OOB's losses included multiple vessels of corvette to frigate mass along with the station itself with only minor damage to a Salamis reported from KH.

Voevoda, the KH officer responsible for today's attack claims their scouts have been following and observing OOB freighters docking with and offloading supplies, including war material to hastily constructed, unmarked depots in areas close to Light controlled territories. The containers were then observed being hurriedly docked to Lightside Militia marked cargo shuttles which would then quickly jump to parts unknown. It was this revelation, according to the Knights which drove them to take action.

"Our faction is dedicated to preserving the balance,
    New Elysium moved out and this is good.
    The others we shall come for in time.
    But if other giants are supporting light,
    we'll just have to re-educate 'em."
    -Voevoda, War Chief, Knights Hospitaller

When asked for comment regarding KH's latests statements, New Elysium's leader, ChemicalDeceit sent this statement:

"We didn't move out to please you,
    it was a personal choice. Your
    self-obsession will be your downfall,
    friend."

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Mechanical Wings Declare War on Knights Hospitaller

Tensions between Light aligned Mechanical Wings and Dark faction Knights Hospitaller came to a head early this afternoon. Upon discovering a KH Salamis was lying in wait near a shop in Mechanical Wings territory. War was subsequently declared upon discovery of the incursion and the Salamis was engaged and destroyed by Mechanical Wings and Lightside Militia forces.

starmade-screenshot-0065.png Mechanical Wings and Lightside Militia warships survey the wreckage of a Knights H Salamis brought down after illegally violating MW's space.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Rebuilders Seal.png

The Rebuilders Galactic Authority, Department Of Commerce has issued a warning to it's citizens of the risks of travel to the territory of Sanctum Solaris and surrounding areas due to the unpredictable security situation. All factions of neutral alignment, and other civilian traffic are advised to avoid the area due to a flare up of hostilities between Sanctum Solaris and Infinite Legion.

Reaction score
    View attachment 37360

The Rebuilders Galactic Authority, Department Of Commerce has issued a warning to it's citizens of the risks of travel to the territory of Sanctum Solaris and surrounding areas due to the unpredictable security situation. All factions of neutral alignment, and other civilian traffic are advised to avoid the area due to a flare up of hostilities between Sanctum Solaris and Infinite Legion.

:eek:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Orange Menace Ends Colony

The great, gray Colony One, the most heavily populated traders settlement, was blown asunder and consumed by red white and blue missiles at 11 o’clock last night as a billion horrified spectators looked on over tele-presence. Press outlets announced that apparently all 3000 residents were dead. Despite a valiant defense by a motley collection of trade ships, hired contractors and even pirates bribed to render aid, the great orange invader was barely given pause as it proceeded to tear the colony to pieces. Lightside faction Sanctum Solaris dispatched two warships but were forced to withdraw in the face of the terrifying creature's firepower.

starmade-screenshot-0022.png starmade-screenshot-0012.png starmade-screenshot-0014.png starmade-screenshot-0015.png starmade-screenshot-0017.png starmade-screenshot-0019.png starmade-screenshot-0023.png

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Infinite Legion Station Falls to Lightside Forces

Moments ago, observer vessels in Sanctum Solaris territory confirmed that Infinite Legion's blockade garrison, Soultaker Dominatus has fallen to the combined forces of Sanctum Solaris, -Light-, and Free Pirates of Nassau (as hired mercenaries). 5 or six vessels ranging from 90-330k were spotted engaging the station approximately an hour and fifteen minutes ago. Damage to the lightside vessels was reported to be extensive but none were observed overheating. The bombardment lasted for well over an hour before the station finally began overheating. This marks the first time Lightside forces managed to gain a victory in quite some time against Dark. Samwiz1, commander of the operation issued a statement over witchspace radio a short time after the attack had concluded:

"On this day, multiple members of the Light alliance laid siege to the Dominatus blockade station
    belonging to the Infinite legion. It was looted thoroughly and the Hot Chocolate was finally drunk.
    The Light has awakened!".

The assault was apparently in retaliation for the loss of one of Sanctum Solaris's forward outposts operated by AlVonWolf, one of SancSol's senior members.
    starmade-screenshot-0025.png starmade-screenshot-0026.png starmade-screenshot-0027.png starmade-screenshot-0028.png starmade-screenshot-0029.png starmade-screenshot-0030.png starmade-screenshot-0031.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: Az14el
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Infinite Legion Station Falls to Lightside Forces

Moments ago, observer vessels in Sanctum Solaris territory conformed that Infinite Legion's blockade garrison, Soultaker Dominatus has fallen to the combined forces of Sanctum Solaris, -Light-, and Free Pirates of Nassau (as hired mercenaries). 5 or six vessels ranging from 90-330k were spotted engaging the station approximately an hour and fifteen minutes ago. Damage to the lightside vessels was reported to be extensive but none were observed overheating. The bombardment lasted for well over an hour before the station finally began overheating. This marks the first time Lightside forces managed to gain in a victory in quite some time against Dark. Samwiz1, commander of the operation issued a statement over witchspace radio a short time after the attack had concluded:

"On this day, multiple members of the Light alliance laid siege to the Dominatus blockade station
    belonging to the Infinite legion. It was looted thoroughly and the Hot Chocolate was finally drunk.
    The Light has awakened!".

The assault was apparently in retaliation for the loss of one of Sanctum Solaris's forward outposts operated by AlVonWolf, one of SancSol's senior members.
    View attachment 37956 View attachment 37957 View attachment 37958 View attachment 37959 View attachment 37960 View attachment 37961 View attachment 37962
    How it's done

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    So is it officially light vs dark vs Trump now?
    That is not Trump, that is "Orangehead." lol. But in any case, it's not meant as a serious political statement or anything, just a joke. There would be a Hillary head too if we could get our hands on one. lol

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    BTW, if anyone actually happens to have a Hillary head laying around and wants to donate it to the ongoing madness, let us know.

Reaction score
    I could make one and post its sment file. But I would like to see how the trump head looks as a kind of template.

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I could make one and post its sment file. But I would like to see how the trump head looks as a kind of template.
    That would be awesome if you could!

The dimensions are as follows:
    Length: 256m Height: 241m Width 185m
    The head is tilted backward at around a 30% angle.

And here are some photos.
    Front: Screenshot
    Side: Screenshot
    Top: Screenshot
    Back: Screenshot

If the size is a problem, it could be made a bit smaller and I'd just spawn in more of them.

Reaction score
    Oh wow! NaStral sent me the sment file but I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I will have to go to a an empty system in single player and see how my computer takes it. Like I told NaStral though I don't think I can get to it until maybe this weekend because my well went belly up yesterday.
    BTW Its so much fun digging ditches in the snow and rain! *Eyeroll*
    PS I could probably build it in sections so someone could just dock them together.