Kupu's thread

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!

I'm done. No more sneak peeks for a while. I'm going under cover. :)
    Truly awesome Kupu! I can't wait to be able to see my factories so... Active! Keep up the good work. :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    There is a difference between nay-saying and feedback :D
    I agree partly, it crossed my mind how legible it would be in-game but moved onto new textures so i could sleep on it.

Hm, would straightening them make a difference? Would removing them completely? If they were both level and the same size?
    I might play around with it some more.
    Yeah I thought the same thing. Leveling them and/or making them the same size would definitely help, but I also think it would be better to make them look more obviously like robotic arms. Right now, unless you look at them closely, they could be anything. Perhaps you could add wires along the arm, and make the joints less subtle.

Aside from that, you've become the only reason I play with high-res textures on. The different colored screens look great.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I finally checked out the TAB+F9, only to realise that... it doesn't work. No matter what key I press, it just doesn't seem to do anything. It also doesn't help that my ship/character/build mode position changes when I press the movement keys.

Is it a bug?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I finally checked out the TAB+F9, only to realise that... it doesn't work. No matter what key I press, it just doesn't seem to do anything. It also doesn't help that my ship/character/build mode position changes when I press the movement keys.

Is it a bug?
    What specifically doesn't work? Does nothing happen? Do you see anything?

Pressing TAB + F9 in the latest dev build brings up this;

To scroll though them hold tab and use the up / down keys. To switch pages, hold tab and press A or D.

If you have loaded new blocks via the editor, the icon textures will already be assigned automatically. Simply press Enter to generate a new sheet. Reload the game. New icons sheets are active.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    What specifically doesn't work? Does nothing happen? Do you see anything?

Pressing TAB + F9 in the latest dev build brings up this;

To scroll though them hold tab and use the up / down keys. To switch pages, hold tab and press A or D.

If you have loaded new blocks via the editor, the icon textures will already be assigned automatically. Simply press Enter to generate a new sheet. Reload the game. New icons sheets are active.
    Oh, I need to hold tab and then use up / down / A / D. Testing it now.

Edit: OK, I tested it, and it works fine! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    so the new textures are already on the dev build and i know you are working on other things. but just to say, Nice Work

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Alright, it's been a while since posting here; but i've been super busy with the GUI stuff.

However! I did find some time to go over the terrain textures. These really needed some love to bring them in line with the rest of the Default textures. Every planet block has been updated and should be in dev builds in a few days (or later if i try and re design the flora too).

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My gosh; I love those textures. I REALLY can't wait for the new planet types, though. And bodies of liquid and whatnot. But excellent work regardless, Kupu, and I can't want to see what you, Schema, and Bench come up with for the GUI revamp. (Which hopefully includes station blueprints, but that's for Schema to do or not do, not you.)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I liked the old stone textures better. Also… Why are there sperms swimming around on alien planets? :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!

;)[DOUBLEPOST=1415737438,1415737395][/DOUBLEPOST]Im cool with it, either way, but worth a shot

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    When we're able, i'll be sure to show something. It's still being designed, so we don't have anything set in stone to show. Nor are we ready to start the hype train just yet...

However, there are some small (or big, depending) texture changes coming now. Some terrain was shown earlier, this is now ready to go, along with all the flora too. (YAY) So every planet block and plant + normal map has received a facelift.

I've noted a few things that needed tweaking; I have made a slight alteration to the Micro Assembler that we can try out, (thanks guys for the feedback on this one) The 'arm's inside the factory have squared up, and one of them removed. A lot less clutter in the design.

Ingots always had a makers mark. (The same 3 hex pattern as seen on other hardware). After gorging on SM videos, i realised these were being used to build massive structures & finer details in ships, as such the makers mark tiled horribly (or was out of place) and is subsequently removed. Cleaner ingots for all.

I doubt anyone comes here to read! :D so here;

This is now the default texture pack 99% complete. (Ice and Ice crystal are still being considered). Files should be included in a new build over the next few days.

Bye for now!

Reaction score
    Very nice, but may I point out that the alighment of the capillaries on the plants with holes doesn't make sense? The holes disrupt the water flow, those plants wouldn't be able to survive.

Reactions: Ithirahad

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    may I point out that the alighment of the capillaries on the plants with holes doesn't make sense? The holes disrupt the water flow, those plants wouldn't be able to survive.
    Don't worry, texture compression will make it biologically acceptable in no time.