Kupu's thread

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Wait... Didn't I also see different colours of lava in the /recipegraphs folder? Yes, I believe so. There also were different colours of water and there was even poison (!) which had different colours too. Are we going to be seeing these terrain elements on planets in the future?

Love the red lava by the way. The current lava looks so... flat. That red lava really looks a lot better. Can't wait to see what the rest is going to look like!

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Wait... Didn't I also see different colours of lava in the /recipegraphs folder? Yes, I believe so. There also were different colours of water and there was even poison (!) which had different colours too. Are we going to be seeing these terrain elements on planets in the future?

Love the red lava by the way. The current lava looks so... flat. That red lava really looks a lot better. Can't wait to see what the rest is going to look like!
    Shhhhhhhh ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Real nice man. It's a shame we would only have 4 frames and can't specify the type of capsule being made. But yea, i love the gif.
    I made the animation longer just to show the idea. I don't know how the engine takes animation, but if we can get a overlay for damage and one for ores, i think we can have one for animations too.

But this is a matter for Schema to anwser what is possible and not and what he want's to do.

About the textures, no one came asking for option A today, guys, more hype!!!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, Kupu did say one picture a day. He should be posting option A today anyway.
    But if he doesn't, if he doesn't post the last picture of awesomeness today, my pc and my ipad will be very, very mad indeed. We've been getting hyped all day for that last picture, and if we don't get to see that last picture, there is no telling what they might do. I'm telling you, for immobile objects they can be very mobile when they are angry. Last time they got angry they almost destroyed my house. And if they don't get to see this picture, I'm afraid my house will no longer be telling any tales of mad computers.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Alright, i suppose we can show the last box.

Thadius was right, partially. Every gameshow needs a bum prize. Today, you picked box A! Box A is filled with? DIRT.
    bahahah.

Dirt! Dirt! Dirt!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    As far as a block? I'm pretty sure we have one that's already just dirt. I could be wrong though, but I thought I had seen it in shops.
    We have dirt, but it doesn't spawn on planets currently. The one that does soawn on planets always has a grass texture, but zi'm sure you already knew this.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    We have dirt, but it doesn't spawn on planets currently. The one that does soawn on planets always has a grass texture, but zi'm sure you already knew this.
    Oh right right, yeah you're correct. It's always rock and the one terrain type (grass, sand, purple terrain, etc.) I was worried you were saying it just wasn't in-game as a block. But I'm really looking forward to when we have planet's spawning with water. =)

:O ooo it would be sweet to have an ice planet with a frozen crust, but liquid water underneath it. Secret underwater base anyone? =)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Gimme the galaxy update!

Will we have 3 more choices any time soon?

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius

Thadius was right, partially. Every gameshow needs a bum prize. Today, you picked box A! Box A is filled with? DIRT.
    bahahah.

Dirt! Dirt! Dirt!
    tease me moreee :P pleasee

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    if you can, do it every week or every two weeks to get the people crazy.

Thadius, i want the universe update too

Reactions: Reilly Reese
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I didn't think this was possible, but I really like the universe update more thsn the FTL update. But the universe update without FTL would be empty, so I like both.

But I like te universe update more is because, well, I spend all my starmade time in it. Better universe = better starmade. Makes sense, right?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Real nice man. It's a shame we would only have 4 frames and can't specify the type of capsule being made. But yea, i love the gif.
    Overlays. There could be an overlay for each type of resource, which comes up when the resource is being processed. Also, the tons of frames isn't necessary. While the lightning effect is really cool, all we really need are the cycling lights on either side of the capsule slot thing, which, if I'm not mistaken, don't take more than THREE frames in that .gif.

bahahah.

Dirt! Dirt! Dirt!
    ...Burnt red dirt? Or...?

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Overlays. There could be an overlay for each type of resource, which comes up when the resource is being processed. Also, the tons of frames isn't necessary. While the lightning effect is really cool, all we really need are the cycling lights on either side of the capsule slot thing, which, if I'm not mistaken, don't take more than THREE frames in that .gif.

...Burnt red dirt? Or...?
    Yea, thats actually how i imagined doing it myself. We have activation state textures already, if the activated state was considered animated we could just use 4 frames like we do now for ie; power tanks. Capsule contents could be overlayed using the same resource injection sheet we use for ores.

Thats probably a buttload of (potentially not possible) work for a handful of blocks... who knows. I'll make a note.

Also, it's normal dirt. Dirt dirt.

Reactions: Ithirahad