Juniper Rocket Appliances

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    The ability to reliably navigate entity chains helped immensely.

VF-1S from Macross.

Total Mass: 261.2
    Approx Length: 52m
    Power: 10,657.5e/sec
    Thrust: 526.7
    34 entities

Current model transforms from jet to mech and back or jet to GERWALK and back.

The gun pod is a 18-module cannon-cannon-overdrive weapon and fired via a shoot-out rail cycler. The left forearm fits a 35-module logic-fired missile system in place of the gun-pod manipulating mechanics.

I'm still hoping to scrape together enough space for the logic to automate raising the arm for clearance to manipulate the gun-pod while in GERWALK mode.

The transformations are controlled by two reversible clocks. Originally I had planned to use a Y-clock to transform to any mode from any mode but it was just too big. Getting the logic pipes routed so as to not clutter the cockpit while still giving the pilot access to all major controls almost made me rage-quit a little bit.
    Logic pipes are an impediment to understanding or even seeing what's going on in compact logic set-ups.

Still thinking about a FAST pack. I'd prefer to have 30 degree control over rotators first to get the legs in the proper position to accommodate their tanks in super-fighter mode.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    %*^&%^&$&*!!! I'm really glad I'm not on a tablet with how hard i hit that like button.

you, sir-or-madame, have my respect. Let me know if you ever take-up a gen-1 or gen-2 transformer. I recommend Starscream or Cliffjumper for ease-of-reproduction, if you do.

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Many thanks, I have been tinkering with this since rails came out. I did start a gen-1 Optimus rails skeleton a while back but lost interest in it. At this point the only likely next candidate would be Jetfire/Skyfire as I am done with rail mechanics for a bit.

Development has worked in this thing's favor so far. I'm hoping camera/ remote cockpit changes will make the mech mode pilotable from the correct perspective.

Download;
    Tri-mode transforming VF-1S v50

It transforms reliably for StarMade but it will fuck up eventually for sure. Also there are no lockouts on the controls - things can get rat-screwed right quick.

Main system manual controls section;
    (note; many controls are accessed by their edges only - indicated by blue lines)

Rear body manual controls for transformation error recovery;

Reaction score
    The options are ... absolutely cryptic and overwhelming.
    But dang, excellent logic work, even if I'm still questioning F-14s in space from that series ... oh well.

Reaction score
    even if I'm still questioning F-14s in space from that series ... oh well.
    Never heard of the "Rule of Cool" have ya?

Its really simple, take whatever is "the coolest" (and in the 1980s, the F-14 Tomcat was the COOLEST) and add other cool things to it.
    Thus, Transforming F-14s IN SPACE, fighting GIANT ALIENS.

And yes, astounding work Crashmaster, on getting that monstrosity to function.

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Hot tub mine machine;

Gemini Mobile Auto Quarry

The Gemini Mobile Auto Quarry is intended to dock to planet plates (L corner when looking from flat edge) despite having anti-grav. The cargo-hauling (left) twin is designed to dock to the top of the mast/ salvage array assembly to overload the tuned mass enhancer groups in the transit sections and main entity. Combined with the slow speed setting, the multiple transit sections moving at once are slowed to enough of a crawl that the salvage array can mostly chew through a planet plate in the two passes of the auto-return. Takes 30-40 minutes.
    The two (one fore, one aft) transit sections that can be set to move in quarter increments to control salvage area size are also set to run at similarly quartered relative speeds to maintain consistent salvage array transit speed throughout.
    Typically the salvage array elements are off-loaded to the cargo twin by docking to each element before retraction is attempted.
    Beam bending is only noticed during high-speed transit operation.

Reaction score
    That's damn strange. (not in a bad way, it is just very very different) Interesting like a trainwreck too. (in that it is difficult to comprehend fully, and draws the eye right to it.)

What "inspired" you to engineer that?

Reactions: Cybertec

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    I've made simple ones before, built straight on a planet with starting supplies, always ugly. In trying to get this to fold small enough to package into a ship-like shape it just got too complicated really.
    I've done a lot of tedious mining in this game already, and while do I enjoy a good tedium, mining the 'normal' way is not for me. Thankfully, sandbox. Unfortunately, current StarMade limitations yada yada yada...

I'm just getting ahead of the game's development direction re; passive resource gathering.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Early small-scale transformer

Shuttlebug

Civilian-class at best, somewhat interesting mechanism; Shuttlebug v4

Concept prototype light transforming mech

Bullfrog

The Bullfrog functioned well but was flawed in that it's wings could not be folded for hanger storage. Even if they could it would still be oversized. The head-crest mounted AMS turret tested poorly with focus groups despite testing well on missile groups; Bullfrog

Frog

The Frog was an experimental unit built from a Bullfrog frame to further explore miniaturization of transformation systems. Removal of two of the Bullfrog's six missile tubes and optimization of logic and hull sharing reduced fuselage width by 2m and clipped wings made for an overall reduction in width from 25m to 19m. Despite the improvements it was still oversized not even considering the inability to fold the wings for compact storage; Frog

Final production model

Bulldog Light Atmospheric Assault Mech / Waverider

A new design incorporating forward-sweeping folding wings was able to fit into the required dimensions while remaining feature-rich though the AMS turret has been eliminated.
    L:15.25, H:10.00, W:21.00, wings stowed; L:15.25, H:10.00, W:15.50
    47.5M @ 2.5 T:M w/50%OD 3.4ke/sec
    jump drive
    radar jammer
    machine guns
    missiles
    cargo locker
    first aid
    rail launch remote
    hotbar wing folding and transformation controls
    a shield recharger on each entity

Snug

Last edited:
    Reactions: Keptick and Scypio

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    A stealth version of the classic Isanth shape, basically a boxy 'E'

Hides, flies, shoots, repeats.

Download; Isanth Stealth

Edit; Added a scout refit with a chaindrive and scanners.

Download; Isanth Stealth Scout

Last edited:

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Modular destroyer;

Apollonian

Main section;

Bridge

Captain's quarters

Communications/ ECM

Drone Hanger

Shuttle bay

Shuttle launch

Heavy AMS gatling shotgun turret action

Can carry two mission-specific modules

Has 8x900 module missile/beam (2 ion/ 6pierce - guess I should switch these) with logic missile/cannon decoy saturation. 6x heavy gatling shotgun AMS turrets and anti-astronaut measures.

Turret section;

4x4.4k module cannon/cannon/punch turrets, AMS ring and configurable stopwaffle or e-brake.

Last edited:
    Reactions: JinM and Scypio
    Reaction score
    Modular destroyer;

Oh my, the way that flying bridge is set up, and with the winglets at the angle they are, ...
    I can't be the only one who thought "Annihilator". (mostly from the bridge, and the lines of it's support tower)

That said, I love the concept of that thing, and am very interested in knowing what sort of Itano Circus caused you to design that Rotary Anti-Missile Shotgun. That thing is beautifull. (and probably a monster vs fightercraft/drones, given it's size)

Crashmaster

Reaction score
    Yeah I see the resemblance for sure. I haven't seen a pic of the Annihilator in ages though. I had wanted some sort of antenna array off the bridge but cancelled it due to the docked armor. Now I'm definitely going to add a pair of light rod antennas on a 45d angle. They should non-collision through the docked armor iirc.

The rotary anti-missile shotgun came about just because of the docked armor. I was very limited in the locations I could use for turrets attached to the main section so I tried to make the most of them. I went for rotation because of missile secondary's lack of randomization. It has 4 groups of 8 shotguns - the secondary's blocks rotate inside the rear section - and an axial CC for aiming.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale
    Reaction score
    Modular destroyer;

Apollonian

Main section;

Bridge

Captain's quarters

Communications/ ECM

Drone Hanger

Shuttle bay

Shuttle launch

Heavy AMS gatling shotgun turret action

Can carry two mission-specific modules

Has 8x900 module missile/beam (2 ion/ 6pierce - guess I should switch these) with logic missile/cannon decoy saturation. 6x heavy gatling shotgun AMS turrets and anti-astronaut measures.

Turret section;

4x4.4k module cannon/cannon/punch turrets, AMS ring and configurable stopwaffle or e-brake.

Hey! Good work on the transformers and modular add ons to your ship but I feel that the turrets on the turret section are too large and bulky and don't fit the sleek original design on your ship. Perhaps you could look at flatter turrets or build a larger ship to accommodate the turrets!
    Cheers ^^