Is Starmade a Steam scam ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    You want to impeach him for doing his job as a councillor?
    Please continue, explain how that makes sense in your head.
    Is his job to hunt forum threads of someone and try to shut it down just because he dont like his opinion in the concil thread ? Lol that was good. It seens to be comum admin abuse for me.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    wagfeliz : are you somehow mentally ill ? just asking because you look like being on a rampage without any knowledge what you are talking about.

And ... Yes ... Steam is the biggest scam on the internet probably !

Reaction score
    wagfeliz : are you somehow mentally ill ? just asking because you look like being on a rampage without any knowledge what you are talking about.

And ... Yes ... Steam is the biggest scam on the internet probably !
    No I am not, but probably you are since you start to get this conversation level down.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Is his job to hunt forum threads of someone and try to shut it down just because he dont like his opinion in the concil thread ? Lol that was good. It seens to be comum admin abuse for me.
    Keptick is a councilor, he has no powers. Well, he can stick a fancy tag onto suggestions, but otherwise he can't do nothing that a normal person can not. That isn't admin abuse, that is closer to "harassment" if you want to try and pull that card.

Because kekkles.

Reactions: Keptick

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat???

The suggestion you made had already been made and rejected in the past, by other people. Every response to it was in disagreement, in case you didn't notice.

And I really don't get what you're trying to say... I'll assume that you're saying that you didn't agree with my opinion in the council thread (when, where? I don't even know). I don't even know where you disagreed with me, and it wouldn't change the fact that you made rejected, no offense. It would have been rejected no matter who posted it.

Reaction score
    Funy, for me its the same... He did it for retaliation because he have the power to do it, its abuse of power, same of admin abuse.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1432936088,1432936044][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Whaaaaaaaaaaat???

The suggestion you made had already been made and rejected in the past, by other people. Every response to it was in disagreement, in case you didn't notice.

And I really don't get what you're trying to say... I'll assume that you're saying that you didn't agree with my opinion in the council thread (when, where? I don't even know). I don't even know where you disagreed with me, and it wouldn't change the fact that you made rejected, no offense. It would have been rejected no matter who posted it.
    Lies, it gets 3 agrees from players few minutes before you change the status of it.
    Its an active discussion, usefull for the game and the community, and you change it just after you read what I wrote about you.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    1: Hes is not an Admin nor a Moderator
    2: His job is to filter through the suggestion forums, condense information for the Devs, rely infos from the Devs to the community, and mark threads with their respective tags.
    3: In your case, the suggestion youve made has been made in the past, and rejected by the Devs, so since its essentially the same suggestion. it automatically gets rejected by any of the Councillors.

The suggestion you made had already been made and rejected in the past, by other people
    Its an active discussion, usefull for the game and the community, and you change it just after you read what I wrote about you.
    And it may still be, its still an open thread, only thing changed is a Tag that shows that this kind of suggestion has been made in the past, and has been rejected in the past.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Let me try to get this all sorted out.

Starmade has a rather rapid dev process. This leads to many bugs.

These bugs are constantly being worked on by Schema and the rest of the Schine team. (check bugs.star-made.org for more info)

The HP system removes the ability to core an enemy ship (Coring being break shields and drilling a hole to the core) You can test the HP system yourself by playing the dev versions of the game.

Shipyards will make blueprints more 'realistic' Instead of instantly spawning, I imagine ships would have to be constructed in a shipyard. Creating a point factions would want to defend to keep a fleet operational.

Your suggestion about a hardcap was rejected – The Schine team does not want to limit a persons creativity – having a mass cap would limit creativity. Yes you said it could be optional later in the thread, but the original post does not state that.

Tomino's impeachment was necessary. We have nothing against him as a person, and he is generally a nice guy. Unfortunately the details of the impeachment fall under NDA, so I cannot discuss them here.
    Keptick was the next person in line from the elections, the elections were a public vote.

Starmade actually has very little marketing. Relying mostly on word-of-mouth and a rather solid community. It is not a scam, it is an early access game that you can technically play for free, anyhow.

I've been playing this game for quite a while – give it a chance to let it develop man, it'll be worth it. It's come a long way in the 2 years I've been here.

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    At the risk of stirring the pot of feces more, I'd like to suggest simply closing the thread as I agree with claims that it is an attempt of creating some discontent.

An user who makes statements based on hardly factual claims makes rather wild assumptions regarding community without acquainting himself apparently with the situation and making accusations on wobbly if not absolutely false grounds (like accusations of game being Steam scam while it's completely free and available outside of the Steam since a long time before Steam even started supporting indie games; or accusations of abuse of moderation powers on part of the council when council members actually possess absolutely no powers of such kind, being merely regular community members elected to manage input from community to Schine).

I could understand OPs claims if he'd be just hot-headed and eager to share his negative first impressions regarding a newly developed game he had to spend a few bucks on, but it's not the case. To my knowledge, Starmade is being developed - with noticeable improvements - since several years, over all this time still being absolutely free for players to check, with any purchase being a way of voluntary support. It's hard to call thing you get to try for free and are well able to decide to not spend a penny for a scam - what one is being scammed of if no one actually makes any official yet false statements regarding it and any and all dealings with the game itself are a choice players themselves make, free of any charge?

Wagfeliz, you actively demand special treatment - renegotiation of viability of your idea while it's not the first time it was suggested, it was brought before, you didn't bring any compelling new arguments and thus, it was logical it was shot down. You accuse people who by logical extension regarded it just like any such idea as unfair and immoral without giving any reasonable argument beside 'they disagree with me and thus they act in bad faith'. In fact, I actually took a minute to go through your posting history and you seem to lately concentrate on pointing out how everything is bad and even in this thread - instead of regarding people's suspiction about your person, you encourage further fighting.

In fact, from what I see most of the thread now is personal attacks and accusations as the supposed main question of the thread itself was already answered and the answers - explained. I sincerely don't know - and I am talking from a standpoint of a regular user as I am no moderator or whatever - why we still have this thing hanging around instead of being locked given how much it devolved into people spamming claims of how this is trolling and exchanging insults.

Reaction score
    Let me try to get this all sorted out.

Starmade has a rather rapid dev process. This leads to many bugs.

These bugs are constantly being worked on by Schema and the rest of the Schine team. (check bugs.star-made.org for more info)

The HP system removes the ability to core an enemy ship (Coring being break shields and drilling a hole to the core) You can test the HP system yourself by playing the dev versions of the game.

Shipyards will make blueprints more 'realistic' Instead of instantly spawning, I imagine ships would have to be constructed in a shipyard. Creating a point factions would want to defend to keep a fleet operational.

Your suggestion about a hardcap was rejected – The Schine team does not want to limit a persons creativity – having a mass cap would limit creativity. Yes you said it could be optional later in the thread, but the original post does not state that.

Tomino's impeachment was necessary. We have nothing against him as a person, and he is generally a nice guy. Unfortunately the details of the impeachment fall under NDA, so I cannot discuss them here.
    Keptick was the next person in line from the elections, the elections were a public vote.

Starmade actually has very little marketing. Relying mostly on word-of-mouth and a rather solid community. It is not a scam, it is an early access game that you can technically play for free, anyhow.

I've been playing this game for quite a while – give it a chance to let it develop man, it'll be worth it. It's come a long way in the 2 years I've been here.

Thanks for reading.
    Thanks for the answer.
    My suggestion was in discussion, it was regected not because peaple dislike it, but because one admin forum decides to do it for retaliation.
    Hi is a member of the forum and an know admin abuser on servers.
    I dont get why someone impeached for not using a software and other that is an know admin abuser is ellected and his conduct is not taken in consideration. I am not seeing any investigation, nothing.
    That whole episode of admin abuse is enough to make a very bad reputation for this concil and for the game forever. It simple dosent worth it.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    why we still have this thing hanging around instead of being locked given how much it devolved into people spamming claims of how this is trolling and exchanging insults.
    It exists to sink. Locking a thread when the person is obviously passionately upset with not end well, and in fact is likely to cause several other threads to pop up regarding it. It's better to keep it contained within 1 bubble instead of popping it and having it spread too much. Much worse thing could spread from this, and it is also on the steam community hub, where a hive can truly be stirred up.

It's better to leave it and let people say what they need to say (so long as it's within the rules) to keep it from escalating or erupting again later. If you think a post crosses that line, hit the report button or message a Moderator about it.

one admin forum
    You are mistaken. Keptick is not an admin of anything, he is a council member, which grants him the piss coloured name and a badge plus the ability to put tags on suggestions. Do not confuse him with the Moderators, Web team or Schine, as each group has various levels of powers and responsibilities.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Again, as much as you like to think you know what happened in the impeachment - you don't. It extends a lot further than that. Please refrain from discussion about it.

Hardcaps on ship size is a universally bad idea. I was watching that thread, and majority of the people disagreed with you, as well as the suggestion being rejected in the past. Hence YOUR version on it being rejected.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Thanks for the answer.
    My suggestion was in discussion, it was regected not because peaple dislike it, but because one admin forum decides to do it for retaliation.
    Hi is a member of the forum and an know admin abuser on servers.
    I dont get why someone impeached for not using a software and other that is an know admin abuser is ellected and his conduct is not taken in consideration. I am not seeing any investigation, nothing.
    That whole episode of admin abuse is enough to make a very bad reputation for this concil and for the game forever. It simple dosent worth it.
    Wow

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    1: Hes is not an Admin nor a Moderator
    2: His job is to filter through the suggestion forums, condense information for the Devs, rely infos from the Devs to the community, and mark threads with their respective tags.
    3: In your case, the suggestion youve made has been made in the past, and rejected by the Devs, so since its essentially the same suggestion. it automatically gets rejected by any of the Councillors.
    And it may still be, its still an open thread, only thing changed is a Tag that shows that this kind of suggestion has been made in the past, and has been rejected in the past.
    Its funy that it shows for me that it was "regected" by him a few minutes after I post something about him.
    Some sugestions:
    1) Remove this power for the concils.
    2) Make an analisys of conduct of the concil members.
    3) Just regect posts that are deactivated ( more then 3 days off messages maybe ), it makes more sense.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Its funy that it shows for me that it was "regected" by him a few minutes after I post something about him.
    Some sugestions:
    3) Just regect posts that are deactivated ( more then 3 days off messages maybe ), it makes more sense.
    1) So...you want to take away the point of councilors.
    2) K
    3) Don't even understand this one.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Some sugestions:
    I think you should know more about the game, the people that play it, like keptic, and the forums before you hit the post button. The more you know the better and makes conversations and threads a better read for everyone. The council hold no real power. Read what it takes to be a council member please. And know a bit more about kep as well.

Reaction score
    Again, as much as you like to think you know what happened in the impeachment - you don't. It extends a lot further than that. Please refrain from discussion about it.

Hardcaps on ship size is a universally bad idea. I was watching that thread, and majority of the people disagreed with you, as well as the suggestion being rejected in the past. Hence YOUR version on it being rejected.
    You are right, I dont know details for the impeachment. That is not the focus of the discussion here thought.
    Censuring post in the forum is stupid politics, just will make people to leave, and if it was done because of retaliation its worse, it was the main point that make me think this game is scam. If it was a isolated mistake from a concil member, not related with the company and game strategy devs then lets see if something will be done about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.