Is Starmade a Steam scam ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I dont get why someone impeached for not using a software and other that is an know admin abuser is ellected and his conduct is not taken in consideration. I am not seeing any investigation, nothing.
    I am afraid you continue to prove a slipping grasp on the situation and very unhealthy tendency to base some of your opinions on assumptions you didn't verify.

For example, regarding Tomino-sama, he wasn't impeached because of not using certain piece of software but because of not fulfilling promise regarding his availability he made in his candidate entry during election, supposedly getting into arguments with Schine and other council members, making it really hard to actually perform any official meetings and generally, no matter if it was his fault or someone else's - he had hard time cooperating well with others.

Same with your other claim - there is no info of any council member being a 'known admin abuser' that comes with any proof. In fact, all council members were chosen based on popularity/impression of abilities and tied with them votes. I am pretty sure if one of them would be really known for abusing any powers at his disposal, not only would they not pass as potential candidate but would get scorn of the people they abuse rather than their votes.

I am not sure if I should continue posting in this thread - I probably won't since now I have other things to spend my time on. I think I sufficiently explained most problems I see with the whole mess and I only keep being assured that the thread itself is now going nowhere in particular.

Fun fact: I recall relatively fresh thread where OP argued - with quite some disagreement from community, including council members - that StarMade is currently ready for big Steam promotion and upping the status of the game. It's kind of funny given the title of this thread.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its funy that it shows for me that it was "regected" by him a few minutes after I post something about him.
    Not really funny, by mentioning him, he got notified by the content managment system, which leads him to said thread.

Some sugestions:
    1) Remove this power for the concils.
    2) Make an analisys of conduct of the concil members.
    3) Just regect posts that are deactivated ( more then 3 days off messages maybe ), it makes more sense.
    1: He did nothing wrong.
    2: They have conduct rules.
    3: The rejected tag is unique to the suggestions forum, its not there to mark inactive threads or anything, but mark suggestions that have been rejected by Schine.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    You are right, I dont know details for the impeachment. That is not the focus of the discussion here thought.
    Censuring post in the forum is stupid politics, just will make people to leave, and if it was done because of retaliation its worse, it was the main point that make me think this game is scam. If it was a isolated mistake from a concil member, not related with the company and game strategy devs then lets see if something will be done about it.
    It doesn't censor it. It does not affect anyones ability to read/post on the thread.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    3) Just regect posts that are deactivated ( more then 3 days off messages maybe ), it makes more sense.
    The entire point of the council is to communicate with the community. If the devs said they didn't want a forced hardcap on ship size, it's well within the council's power to plonk a "rejected" tag on it. There is no need for an "analysis" of council conduct unless there's someone with a legitimate complain about something they did, and not just, "wehhhh my suggestion got rejected by the devs and the council told me that :(:(:(:(:(:("

Also, rejecting posts that haven't gotten messages in a while is a horrible idea.

Reaction score
    I think you should know more about the game, the people that play it, like keptic, and the forums before you hit the post button. The more you know the better and makes conversations and threads a better read for everyone. The council hold no real power. Read what it takes to be a council member please. And know a bit more about kep as well.
    I sorry, I know enough about this guy, as I said, know admin abuser on servers, now know admin abuser on the forum, and even login with anonymous account to post on this thread, that is the kind of concil this game has ?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just to clarify - you were not censored, your thread is still there, you just had an unpopular suggestion that won't make it into the game.

When threads are removed from view, it is because they are breaking forum rules. Now technically this thread is flame bait - which is against the rules, but i'm allowing it to exist as i don't think you under stand that fully, so I'm giving you a chance to learn from it, instead of simply removing it.

To clarify, I am a Moderator AND a Council member. Keptick is not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Censuring post in the forum is stupid politics
    The fact that you've gotten this far in this thread is pretty telling that censorship doesn't go on here unless it's from flaming and similar crap. Someone rejecting your idea because it's bad (it was, especially for the creative builders) isn't an attempt at censorship.

Reaction score
    Just to clarify - you were not censored, your thread is still there, you just had an unpopular suggestion that won't make it into the game.

When threads are removed from view, it is because they are breaking forum rules. Now technically this thread is flame bait - which is against the rules, but i'm allowing it to exist as i don't think you under stand that fully, so I'm giving you a chance to learn from it, instead of simply removing it.

To clarify, I am a Moderator AND a Council member. Keptick is not.
    Crusade, I like you, you are a good moderator and Concil member, and that is why this thread exists and was not deleted after 1 min I posted. But there is some other concils that needs to have conduct analysed. Do you think if I never had said anything on the concil forum my thread would not get the rejected flag today ?
    Anyway, lets see what is coming in the next release, lets see if they will fix anything, and maybe get back to this discussion.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Every update comes with lots of bugfixes. They just aren't posted normally. Here is a list of bugs that have had work int he current devbuilds alone.

Your suggestion being rejected has literally nothing to do with your post in the council forum.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I sorry, I know enough about this guy, as I said, know admin abuser on servers, now know admin abuser on the forum, and even login with anonymous account to post on this thread, that is the kind of concil this game has ?
    I have know kep for years now. As enemies and as a friend. What you said is a flat out lie. Kep does not cheat or abuse anything. He fights fair and wants the conduct of his faction to be of high quality and good choices. I have not seen he do something bad, that he didn't repay. Lol good pirate. The fact that you are taking your aggression out in him for him doing his job. It shows me he rejected you idea because you don't know what's going on, or who kep is, and anything about this game.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The council doesn't have the power to reject suggestions, we can only tag suggestions we know the status of. I myself got to tag a suggestion as planned when Bench mentioned it in another thread.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    My god, I don't even....

Firstly, the only places where I have admin powers is my single player and the NFD build server. So please, give me an example of admin abuse I have commited, back up your claims.

Secondly, I don't even know what you said about me before the tag was added to your suggestion. Link to the post?

Thirdly, if you're going to troll at least try to make arguments that make sense.

Examples of admin abuse please, prove it. It'll be hard since I don't have admin, but I still want to see what you'll come up with.

Now, you're obviously pissed at me for reasons that escape me. Turning this discussion into a "keptick is an admin abuser" thing isn't very nice. I suggest that you take a breather, reflect on how ignorant you look right now and come back to us afterwards, ok? ^_^

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    how the hell is this not locked yet? it seems like a great way to be marked as the community moron..

Reaction score
    Here's the problem: most people use "alpha" to denote "ready to play, didn't bother polishing and bug testing yet".

The term spreads, is misused, and most people don't actually understand any of what's going on.

Schema actually means alpha(neither ready nor complete) when he says alpha.

It's definitely worth ten bucks IMO, though it's somewhat a niche market due to lack of some features and needing to look through Community Content to really get all of it.

Reactions: wagfeliz and Lidren

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Howdy, just thought I'd toss some words up since it seems that not everybody is getting through to each other just yet.

I have supreme confidence that the vast majority of people that come here want only the best from Starmade and for Starmade. They see value in it, either as it is today or in it's future. Every, single, one of us that is participating in this thread right now is here because we like Schine's idea of a game and want to support it. We want to see it complete. Heck, there are some people who have very little hope to see it complete but stick it out with this community anyways just on the off chance that Starmade continues trudging along the path to greatness.

The council is no exception. There isn't anything to gain by being in the council. There's no land rights or dominion over properties or people. Just the chance to help Starmade along. And so they do.

Schine is no exception either. For those who were there so long ago, schema has proven in the past that he had his morals and goals at heart and that money wouldn't distract him from something he set out to do so many years ago. When Starmade was released on Steam and everything was still getting organized, one of Schine's top priorities- no, THE top priority, was making sure people knew that they could still play for free. I have yet to find another man or woman I'd rather see at the head of Schine, and I have yet to see an ounce of greed from any members of Schine.

wagfeliz I believe that you also want Starmade to succeed. We may think and go about our lives differently, but in the big picture we're all made of the same star stuff. That's why we're here; we both like this game... And that's why I'm asking you now to change, and to find a more positive way to go about reinforcing your idea of what Starmade should be. I don't want to see anyone kicked from the community for losing their temper or shunned due to unpopular opinions; it paints everything in a bad light that has time and time again lead to no good.

In the interest of your continued presence here, please reconsider your tone. Heck, lots of you folks need to read this.
    When something goes wrong or feels sour, don't blame and attack. Instead, research the cause. Improve a suggestion instead of disproving it's opponents. Learn from the wisdom of others and pay attention to their good ideas and strengths, and they will be inspired to do the same whether they know it or not.

And for gods' sake, if you love the game but hate a player, either work it out... Or learn to deal with it like the rest of us.

Reaction score
    I am sorry, I really really tried hard to follow this thread, but Wagfeliz' Vogonics were simply too hard to follow. It was like listening to a 6 year old trying to explain why his dad wears a tinfoil hat.

*Vogonics- Much like Ebonics, only spoken by 'Vogons! trolling the Galaxy since 1979!'

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.