Introducing The United Star Axis

Reaction score
    Did you add the green via hand or with a brush tool?

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Did you add the green via hand or with a brush tool?
    In a way, I guess it's both. I imitated a brush by using the copy and paste feature then trimmed it with a light Salvager. I had to use foliage since you can't rotate grassy rock.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    If there isn't a hanger inside I'll be disappointed.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    New fighter experiments...

SF-16 Star-Falcon
    Manufacturer: Dynamic General, Mockheed Lartin
    Type: multi-role space superiority fighter.
    Affiliation: multiple
    Armament: guided missiles, gauss cannon

This ancient design can trace it's roots to the early 21st century. Breakthroughs in space flight technology coupled with the collapse of Earths global economy resulted in multiple Governments re-purposing their aircraft designs for use as light combat spacecraft. The Star-Falcon's light weight and accurate fire control systems allows it to maintain lethality even against more modern air-space craft.

Micro Fighter.jpg

SR-5 Phalanx
    Manufacturer: Nexus Corporation
    Type: heavy support fighter
    Affiliation: United Star Axis
    Armament: guided missiles, gauss cannons

This is a balanced spec, prototype heavy fighter for the United Star Axis. A support unit for the more heavily armored SR-4 Javelin series; Most Phalanx craft, sacrifice defense for more speed and fire power. A variation with improved armor is currently undergoing testing.

Micro Fighter2.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Testing out my Guardian MK4 turrets. The units are self-powered (a feature which is going away soon). but I figured I'd try them out anyway. outpost w Missiles.jpg
    outpost w Missiles2.jpg

Missiles typically suck at DPS but I managed to get enough firepower to slowly overpower a 20M shield target with 500K max regen. The transparent area is 50 meters of blue crystal armor. Once the punch-through effect depletes the armor HP, things start to get messy.
    Missile test.jpg

Inside the docking bay, there is a security team consisting of power armor standing guard and a G.A.V. patrolling the perimeter of the docking area. Unauthorized personnel will be shot on si... Umm... politely asked to leave the facility.
    outpost interior.jpg outpost interior1.jpg outpost interior3.jpg outpost interior2.jpg outpost interior4.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Thanks man. That made my day.

These are the second most powerful missile turrets I've ever designed. Each one fires 4 heavy, long range missiles (over 600k dmg each with punch-through), a salvo of light anti-drone missiles (30k dmg each) and decoy missiles to confuse enemy AMS. The station can fire up to 6 of these turrets at a single target at once.

It's getting really hard to come up with new stuff that will be compatible with the upcoming power update. I'm hoping the finalized version of the new reactor/stabilizer system will allow me to generate enough energy to power weapons like these on a similar sized parent entity.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, I think we shall all mourn the passing of self powered turrets.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Screwing around... made an orbital space 'ring' for planets. The original version was going to be a circle but I didn't like how the layout for the interior was going. This one is much easier to repair via saved templates. Also, current planets are dodecahedrons so... Fuck it... Octagon...

Space Ring 01.jpg
    The size of this ring can be deceiving; which aside from creating a nice tourist attraction, paves the way for a LOT of interior space.

Planned facilities will include medical bays in addition to several ground-to-space elevators, cargo storage, fighter bays and spaceports to dock allied craft. Expect plenty of defense turrets as well.
    Space Ring int2.jpg

In the future, I plan to have mini quests on board the ring...

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    (Edited) Three of the local macro-wild life I plan to add into my server. The little guy may pose a threat to astronauts but isn't much of a threat otherwise. The bigger one will inta-kill an astronaut and can put the hurt on power armor. The flyer has a 4:1 thrust mass ratio and will chase down anything it sees while spewing guided "acid globs" at it.

Itsy: pesky little bugger
    Observed armament and equipment:
    - Hardened Bio-mechanical carapace
    - Kinetic force field
    - corrosive acid/plasma bursts
    Spider 1.jpg

Bitsy: Tougher not-so-little bugger
    - Hardened Bio-mechanical carapace
    - Kinetic force field
    - High pressure acid spray

Spider 2.jpg

Starwasp: Speedy swarm predator.
    - Kinetic force field
    - Kinetically guided corrosive acid/plasma bursts
    Flyer org 1.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic
    Reaction score
    I am unable to like the space bugs, due to intense hatred of arachnids. Just looking at them gives me a bad case of the nope

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I am unable to like the space bugs, due to intense hatred of arachnids. Just looking at them gives me a bad case of the nope
    Then I've done my job. Muhahha!

Now, Imagine having to fight a bunch of these things while wearing power armor inside a station.

OMG.jpg

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Power 2.0 is out. The Doctor is back in...

Allow me to introduce the new SF-37 remake.

SF-37C
    Manufacturer: Nexus Inc.
    Type: Fighter/Interceptor.
    Armament: Burst Laser
    Equipment: Radar Jammer, Thruster Augments

This ship is my first foray into the world of Power 2.0 and chambers. At 15(L) x 15 (W) x 9(H) it's rather compact but I somehow managed to fit a stable radar jammer, a 30% speed booster and some decent shielding. You know what they say; 'start small'.
    SF-37 1.jpg SF-37 3.jpg SF-37 2.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    SR-38A
    Type: Reconnaissance\Mobile Surveillance Unit
    Armament: Burst Laser
    Equipment: Multi-spectrum Sensor Array
    Recon 1.jpg
    Based on the SF-37 design; this unit has similar armor and firepower to an SF-37 but trades its stealth capabilities as well as some of its mobility for a high power sensor to spot cloaked/jammed ships. An upgraded shield generator makes this craft significantly harder to take down.

SFB-39C
    Type: Fighter/Bomber
    Armament: Guided Missiles
    Fighter Bomber 2.jpg
    Fighter Bomber 1.jpg
    Another take on the SF-37 design; this unit is the 'heavy hitter' of Axis fighters. Fires guided missiles for higher burst damage at the expense of sustained damage over time.

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Cookies were fun but unrealistic. Dodecahedrons were awesome, but laggy. Shine teased us with a glimpse of a new planet but we have to wait until they sort things out. It's cool; I'm sure they'll come up with a solution buy the time I reach retirement. In any case, I scrapped my idea for an octagonal polyhedron planet and decided to make a sphere instead.

Here's a new sneak peak of one of my new artificial planets...

This is a man made, low lag alternative to dodecahedrons. It has player habitable "sides", which can be built as part of the planet or left empty for allies to build colonies/outposts. There are no minerals in the soil, as the planet was created mostly from recycled asteroid material. Gravity is supplied on an as-needed basis via generators in the major cities and their connecting roads. I'll probably upgrade to a reactor mass chamber for radial gravity when shine actually fixes that but I won't hold my breath.

At over 415 meters in diameter, this structure houses a powerful reactor with enough regenerative capacity to support a massive shield matrix. The shield radius I'm testing on this prototype is large enough to protect anything docked in orbit within 500 meters of the surface; making it a possible alternative to faction home base protection.

Planned features include the usual hospitalities; a shop, parking, medical facilities, manufacturing equipment, and guest quarters, as well as multiple space elevators and an orbital docking ring to house visiting starships. Let's see how far I can take this...
    Planetoid02.jpg Planetoid01.jpg Planetoid04.jpg Planetoid05.jpg Planetoid03.jpg

Attachments

Last edited: