Introducing The United Star Axis

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Duly noted sir.

When Schine finally gets their act together and decides on how to do the new power system, I'm redoing most of what's posted in this thread.

...and don't think I forgot about these guys either. I consider it an obligation at this point. ;)
    hardlogic.jpg USS HYPERION.jpg

Reactions: eddard_stark

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    After years without building anything even remotely resembling a capital ship, I've decided to create my first true air/spacecraft carrier. Unlike my previous craft with fighter bays, this ship will have 10 side-mounted bays and a central hangar that extends about 150 meters, front to back under the flight deck. Each bay will able to accommodate manned fighters and shuttles in a more realistic size range think (F-14D or A-10 Warthog). Each bay can also hold 4 of my former generation fighters (the little 11 meter ones on page #1 of this thread) or a squad of 16 powered armors for when Schine finally releases the fauna update ;).

This ship is a 'preemptive' work in progress (75%) and is currently little more than a shell. It easily breaks the 2 million power soft cap but has plenty of space to fit whatever reactor Schine comes up with as well as shields, power capacitors, cargo, additional thrust and weapons. RP interior will be given a higher priority than usual, given that there is so much available space.

Approximate Length: 280 meters (without antennae)
    Planned armament: long range missiles, gauss cannons, ion cannon, point defense turrets.
    Estimated shield capacity: 2,500,000 (accounting for power capacity and possible reactor system overhaul)
    Air/spacecraft supported: 10 star-fighters, 5 support/utility craft.

Carrier 2.jpg Carrier 5.jpg
    Just like my 100x automatic torpedo launcher, this is gonna be a rails/logic nightmare but I know I can pull it off. Also, I underestimated the size of this craft and found that I can fit my old jump shuttles in the bays.

Carrier 1.jpg Carrier 3.jpg Carrier 43.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    After years without building anything even remotely resembling a capital ship, I've decided to create my first true air/spacecraft carrier. Unlike my previous craft with fighter bays, this ship will have 10 side-mounted bays and a central hangar that extends about 150 meters, front to back under the flight deck. Each bay will able to accommodate manned fighters and shuttles in a more realistic size range think (F-14D or A-10 Warthog). Each bay can also hold 4 of my former generation fighters (the little 11 meter ones on page #1 of this thread) or a squad of 16 powered armors for when Schine finally releases the fauna update ;).

This ship is a 'preemptive' work in progress (75%) and is currently little more than a shell. It easily breaks the 2 million power soft cap but has plenty of space to fit whatever reactor Schine comes up with as well as shields, power capacitors, cargo, additional thrust and weapons. RP interior will be given a higher priority than usual, given that there is so much available space.

Approximate Length: 280 meters (without antennae)
    Planned armament: long range missiles, gauss cannons, ion cannon, point defense turrets.
    Estimated shield capacity: 2,500,000 (accounting for power capacity and possible reactor system overhaul)
    Air/spacecraft supported: 10 star-fighters, 5 support/utility craft.

View attachment 40864View attachment 40866
    Just like my 100x automatic torpedo launcher, this is gonna be a rails/logic nightmare but I know I can pull it off. Also, I underestimated the size of this craft and found that I can fit my old jump shuttles in the bays.

View attachment 40865 View attachment 40863 View attachment 40862
    This is incredible! Its so amazing! Not only does it look great, but it seems STRONG :P

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Looks nice so far but the wings seem a bit underplayed compared to the rest of the ship to the point of being kinda comical.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I actually agree with Thadius on this one (someone kill me please), perhaps the wings could partially frame the rearmost hanger?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I actually agree with Thadius on this one (someone kill me please), perhaps the wings could partially frame the rearmost hanger?
    I agree, but still one of the better carrier ships I've seen so far!

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You guys are really serious about those stub-wings huh? It's an aircraft carrier not a carrier aircraft... :LOL:

If it makes you feel any better, I have been toying with a few different alternative looks for the wings. Unfortunately, I'm hitting a snag. With larger wings, I start to have issues with the carrier pickup commands (fighters bouncing off the ship if they approach from below). I can extend the pickup rails to give them more room but that will lead to bounding box (lag box) issues that I'm actively trying to circumvent. I'll play with the finished product later on but for now, function takes precedence.

Meanwhile I'm testing to see how much firepower I can cram into this thing so it can actually survive in a PVP environment. Power regeneration and capacitance are always key factors but so far, I have a few prototype weapons systems that I REALLY like. For example; what if I decided to carry something else in my lateral fighter bays? ;)

Thadius Faran, I believe on page #1 of this thread, you said you wanted to see a MKII Drake?
    Carrier w Missiles 2.jpg Carrier w Missiles 1.jpg

Reactions: darknassius
    Reaction score
    You guys are really serious about those stub-wings huh? It's an aircraft carrier not a carrier aircraft... :LOL:

If it makes you feel any better, I have been toying with a few different alternative looks for the wings. Unfortunately, I'm hitting a snag. With larger wings, I start to have issues with the carrier pickup commands (fighters bouncing off the ship if they approach from below). I can extend the pickup rails to give them more room but that will lead to bounding box (lag box) issues that I'm actively trying to circumvent. I'll play with the finished product later on but for now, function takes precedence.

Meanwhile I'm testing to see how much firepower I can cram into this thing so it can actually survive in a PVP environment. Power regeneration and capacitance are always key factors but so far, I have a few prototype weapons systems that I REALLY like. For example; what if I decided to carry something else in my lateral fighter bays? ;)

Thadius Faran, I believe on page #1 of this thread, you said you wanted to see a MKII Drake?
    View attachment 40973 View attachment 40974
    I wasn't gonna say anything... BUT KEEP the stubby wings! I feel like they're perfect for the ship. Putting more aesthetically pleasing "wings" on it would ruin the look. Its be like putting a German Shepard nose on a bulldog. Something about that combo just doesn't feel right, you know?

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I wasn't gonna say anything... BUT KEEP the stubby wings! I feel like they're perfect for the ship. Putting more aesthetically pleasing "wings" on it would ruin the look. Its be like putting a German Shepard nose on a bulldog. Something about that combo just doesn't feel right, you know?
    I think you're right. Everything else I tried seem to be a mis-match; aesthetically. For now, the stubbies are staying. That will be one less thing to get shot off when a bunch of these show up... :eek:

A-17 Storm Eagle

Type: Support Fighter
    Affiliation: United Earth Governments
    Manufacturer:
    Mockheed Lartin
    Shield: 2500
    Armor: Standard (reinforced cockpit)
    Armament: Light gauss cannon, Guided missiles, Particle flare
    Thrust/Mass: 3:1
    UEG Fighter A-17 Storm Eagle 4.jpg UEG Fighter A-17 Storm Eagle 1.jpg UEG Fighter A-17 Storm Eagle 2.jpg UEG Fighter A-17 Storm Eagle 3.jpg

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Axis military command has approved funding for an experimental spacecraft at a top secret research facility.

This craft; dubbed "Project Guardian", is a joint venture between all five Axis satellite corporations.

A slight deviation from standard design specs; the prototype's initial tests were reported to be... "satisfactory".
    New Engines3.jpg
    New Engines4.jpg

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I've been testing out different weapon combinations and so far I seem to have a lot of flexibility depending on what systems are used. As usual, each weapon type has it's advantages and disadvantages.

New Engines7.jpg
    - Particle Accelerators: These do an impressive amount of damage to shields and can cut through
    advanced armor. While effective at disabling shields, they cause limited internal damage.

poorly against targets with high shield regeneration rates.
    Additional indirect-fire missiles can be
    equipped to engage targets at longer ranges, in the auxiliary system bays.

be loaded with different ammunition types depending on specific mission requirements. Research is
    being conducted on a smaller variant to be installed in place of the 4 Particle Accelerators; trading
    effective range for an increased fire and better target saturation.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    That's a super cool look you've gone with. It makes think of the millennium falcon, cross bred with a tank, then it beats me up and steals my girlfriend lol.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    That's a super cool look you've gone with. It makes think of the millennium falcon, cross bred with a tank, then it beats me up and steals my girlfriend lol.
    Thanks man,

Over the years, I've developed a habit of 'weaponizing' my engine nacelles. I figured I'd make it a bit more obvious this time.

Now that you mention it, I suppose it does look a bit over-kill. I'm going to try the avenger cannon with the 4 missile launchers. That ought to be enough of a balance to serve as a 'general purpose' wrecking ball.

Reactions: Brokengauge
    Reaction score
    Thanks man,

Over the years, I've developed a habit of 'weaponizing' my engine nacelles. I figured I'd make it a bit more obvious this time.

Now that you mention it, I suppose it does look a bit over-kill. I'm going to try the avenger cannon with the 4 missile launchers. That ought to be enough of a balance to serve as a 'general purpose' wrecking ball.
    I was gonna suggest that lol. But then I thought to myself: "Whammy knows what he's doing better than I do. Better keep it to myself" lol

Reactions: Dr. Whammy

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I was gonna suggest that lol. But then I thought to myself: "Whammy knows what he's doing better than I do. Better keep it to myself" lol
    Sometimes I miss things. Maybe not this time, but your input is always welcome and appreciated.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Ever since April Fools day, Schine has been teasing us with a single gif of their new and improved planets, while rejecting every planet shape suggestion in the forum. Being the impatient maniac that I am, I've decided that I'm not going to wait for them. I want a low-lag planet right now.

...So I built one.

Artificial Planetoid Construction... (WIP)

While challenging to build on, this thing generates significantly less lag than a regular planet and is much easier to defend since I don't have to shield separate plates.

Your Death Star is useless! Destroying my planet is futile!! I'll just build another one!!! Muahahahaha!!!

Artificial planetoid3.jpg

Last edited: