Introducing The United Star Axis

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This just in... The Axis has discovered what appears to be the ruins of an ancient pyramid on a desert planet...

So... an advanced shop, a city and a pyramid... All in the same two system radius? What are the odds?
    View attachment 24306
    I call hax.

Lore speaking, quite high. The pyramid race seeded the other planet. So in other words:

Reactions: nightrune

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    As new alliances are formed and more players visit planet Maximus, Axis citizens express the desire for tighter security to protect allied spacecraft and traders operating in our system. The United Star Axis has begun to assemble a fleet to expand their military capabilities in space.
    Docked.jpg

Axis Fleet.jpg

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    As part of the newly approved Axis defense spending plan, We have temporarily retired the older Challenger design; pending a complete overhaul of its power and missile systems. For now, we will be replacing it with a modified version of the Pathfinder transport. The previous incarnation of the Pathfinder was a multipurpose modular cargo carrier with an interchagable utility module (usually a salvager). The newer version has been refit with updated combat capabilities in addition to a gravity nulifier for low-orbit maneuvers. The results were impressive, to say the least.

Pathfinder Transport (base model)

- Mass: 2,500
    - Thrust: 2,000
    - Shield: 300,000 (4,000 regen/sec)
    - Power grid: 2,000,000 (846,000 regen/sec
    - Armament: dual autocannons, Light Ion cannon, low yield guided missiles (x2) , light vulcan turret, 4 AMS turrets
    shipyard transport.jpg

Pathfinder Light Assault Ship (combat refit)
    - Mass: 3,000
    - Thrust: 3,500
    - Shield: 400,000 (15,000 regen/sec)
    - Power grid: 6,000,000 (846,000 regen/sec
    - Armament: dual autocannons, Light Ion cannon, low yield guided missiles (x2), heavy guided missiles (x2), light guided missile turret, 8 AMS turrets

I can't wait to see how this ship performs as part of a fleet. It can fire a burst from its ion cannon for over 400,000 shield damage, then follow up with a pair of heavy missiles for a combined 900,000 damage every 15 seconds; all while spewing 14,000 DPS from its two autocannons. You can press you luck with swarmers but don't bother trying to "nuke" it, as this ship carries 8 point defense turrets. Not bad for a smaller ship.

Transport modified4.jpg
    Transport modified1.jpg Transport modified2.jpg Transport modified3.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    That's a sharp eye you have there, my friend. This is going to be my mass production work horse combat ship. There will be plenty more where they come from. When I run out of colors I think I'll just add a second stripe.

Reactions: nightrune

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    New basic hull design built for one of our allies who wanted to add my brand of aesthetics to their fleet. No interior, just a shell with basic thrust, 900,000 power regen and a basic jump drive. Loosely (very VERY heavily) based on a ship from one of my favorite video games.

This was a speed build that took about 1-1.5 hours. It think it came out pretty well; all things considered.
    Raystorm Fleet Ship 3.jpg Raystorm Fleet Ship 2.jpg Raystorm Fleet Ship 1.jpg Raystorm Fleet Ship 4.jpg Raystorm Fleet Ship 5.jpg Raystorm Fleet Ship 6.jpg

Reactions: Rumcajz

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    What the... This isn't Star Axis technology! ...or is it?

Wha... What have I done!?

Unit Type - ?
    Mass - ?
    Defense -?
    Armament - ?

Hyperion Phalanx.jpg
    Hyperion Phalanx1.jpg Hyperion Phalanx4.jpg Hyperion Phalanx3.jpg Hyperion Phalanx2.jpg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel like the bottom section should be able to detach from the rest of the ship, like a mission pod.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I was originally going to make it more mech-like (it's based on the hover/flying chassis from Armored Core); with turret arms and a pivoting body but due to extreme power requirements, and a desire to reduce the possibility of collision related lag, I left it as all one piece. I built it on a whim in the middle of the night but then decided to use it on a multi-player server so i think this design is well suited for that.

I have no idea how it will perform in combat but I do know that with 9 AMS turrets, opponents will have a tough time hitting it with missiles. Also, its missiles and cannons are very powerful for a unit this size.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Axis command reports its first successful fleet operation.

A task force of 8 star-ships led an assault on a nearby pirate space station. Heavy bombardment collapsed the stations shields and disabled all of its defensive turrets. Pirate reinforcements arrive at the scene of the battle but proved no match for the Axis forces' updated weapons systems. One after anther, the pirate ships fell to gauss auto-cannon fire and a seemingly endless barrage of anti-ship missiles. Axis forces sustained no damage during the assault.

Axis military advisors attribute a large part their success to recent live-fire combat training missions conducted under the supervision of a prominent member of the Order of Bogatyrs' Light vs Dark Division. Additional testing is scheduled for later in the week.

Fleet4.jpg

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    I like the salvage ship in the middle (that is the salvage pod, right?). It lets you take crap right off the field, though you have to do it yourself.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    VERY sharp eyes sir.

Yeah; that's my Voyager class "Combat Utility" spacecraft. Every combat operation needs a cleanup crew. The AI can't use the salvager since it's logic controlled but I have the option to switch pods for use with things like repair systems, cargo containers mini fighter bays and torpedo launchers. When warheads take off and become more widely used, I'll be using pods like these as magazines for ordnance, which can be jettisoned when empty.

I'm gonna go full D.A.R.P.A. all over this thread.

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    VERY sharp eyes sir.

Yeah; that's my Voyager class "Combat Utility" spacecraft. Every combat operation needs a cleanup crew. The AI can't use the salvager since it's logic controlled but I have the option to switch pods for use with things like repair systems, cargo containers mini fighter bays and torpedo launchers. When warheads take off and become more widely used, I'll be using pods like these as magazines for ordnance, which can be jettisoned when empty.

I'm gonna go full D.A.R.P.A. all over this thread.
    If only AI mining fleets could target derelicts and overheating ships. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
    Go for it, Dr.Whammy, this is getting interesting. Maybe try to diversify your styles a bit, I see the same ship - now a bit shorter, now longer, now taller, but still very close in design. It's a nice design, but careful not to overuse it. Although as my own fleet is nonexistent (WIP), I should be quiet ;).

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Go for it, Dr.Whammy, this is getting interesting. Maybe try to diversify your styles a bit, I see the same ship - now a bit shorter, now longer, now taller, but still very close in design. It's a nice design, but careful not to overuse it. Although as my own fleet is nonexistent (WIP), I should be quiet ;).
    This thread was originally meant to showcase Star Axis ships; basically any of my units that you might see flying around on a multi-player server. At some point I messed up and hijacked my own thread (can you even do that?) and turned it into a mini dev blog about Star Axis colony life in the multi-player world. Sorry about that...

On the other hand, I cannot disagree with anything you have said. Variety is the spice of life. I think it's time I take off the "noble struggling protagonist" mask and show you all what kind of builder I really am... (smiles evily)

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This thread was originally meant to showcase Star Axis ships; basically any of my units that you might see flying around on a multi-player server. At some point I messed up and hijacked my own thread (can you even do that?) and turned it into a mini dev blog about Star Axis colony life in the multi-player world. Sorry about that...

On the other hand, I cannot disagree with anything you have said. Variety is the spice of life. I think it's time I take off the "noble struggling protagonist" mask and show you all what kind of builder I really am... (smiles evily)
    I enjoy the hijacking.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

don't care i like this thread a lot

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'm just about ready to deploy our Mobile Command System in a multi-player environment. This version has 8 of my heavy missile turrets, about 25% more shielding and a few special 'tricks' up its sleeve. This craft will be the core unit for my new deep space fleet command post. Outpost4.jpg Outpost bay.jpg