Introducing The United Star Axis

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The Axis has designed a basic shipyard auto-repair system to patch light armor damage.

This system will be installed on all Star Axis shipyards and made available for public use.
    Auto-repair.jpg

Reactions: Rumcajz and Valck
    Reaction score
    Neat. Will it have 6-sided coverage (One from top, bottom, front, back, left, AND right) or will you have to rotate the ship somehow?

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This was just a test to see if I could pull it off. Future variants will have 6 sided coverage. Next time, I'm thinking of building a full ring/square to slide the entire length of the yard with up/down "wipers" on the ends.

Reaction score
    Just make a docking point on your stations, inside of some sort of nearly-cylindrical structure inside of which this giant rack thing moves in a circular pattern to repair everything. And yeah, something to repair ends.

Reaction score
    1) I love this thread, your narration, and the style of your ships.

2) I love your little cities, your little cars, and little mechs, though I assume they are just for looks. Your ships, especially the ones without interiors remind me of early to mid 1990's cartoons and anime. Or like little gameboy color games with concepts of ships. Very blockish, but in a retro and attractive way.

3) Yes, by all means enter into the contest. The unique style of your ships should merit it's own faction. Seems Terran esque.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Star Axis subsidiary; Sturmgeist Advanced Sciences has managed to create a stable interstellar warp gate. This is a dramatic improvement over the outdated gravity catapult technology the Axis used to leave the Earth, years ago.

This prototype gateway has a 90 meter wide aperture which allows near-instantaneous travel at distances of up to 128 sectors. It has been equipped with a powerful shield (980,000 capacity) and 8 automated point defense turrets. We've also assigned fighter squadron; "Delta Flight" to patrol the area.

Jump gate.jpg

After several successful tests, Sturmgeist released plans for a larger 145 meter wide gate as well as plans for a multiple-aperture trans-warp hub to be installed toward the center of the galaxy.

Jump gate2.jpg
    145 meter gate

Jump gate3.jpg
    Extension gate

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Oh, nice.
    Are the lights animated?

You betcha... I was going to make a gif animation of it but I don't have any good screen recorder software.

This design is a "terminal"; used as an entry point from a star system into the warp gate network. I'll be making a series of 'extension gates' composed of two combined gates to extend the travel distance each way. Then I'll build the "trans-warp hub" with multiple gates; each of which will lead to different parts of the galaxy.

One thing that bothers me; When I spawn one of these, it faces in weird directions that are not aligned with the galaxy. I think it has to do with the facing of the ship at the time of station spawn. I suppose nothing is perfect.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    Dang this is so weird, you and I both have a similar aesthetic, the trek/sci fi style. Nice work dude.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    So I refit ye olde Pathfinder transport that everyone's probably sick of seeing...

I wanted to know just how much destructive force I could cram into one of these guys.

Mass: 5858.
    Shield: 800,000 (20,000 recharge)
    Thrust: 9573
    Armor class: Standard
    Armament:
    - 2 guided missile turrets
    - 19 Point Defense Turrets
    - Ion Cannon: 400,000 anti-shield damage
    - 2 Guided missile launchers: 500,000 per missile
    - Dual Auto Cannons 15,000 dps
    - Particle flare (disrupts enemy point defense)

- 100x Torpedo Launcher!?

Yes! The long awaited 100x launcher has finally arrived. Carries 100 high velocity torpedoes. Same physical dimensions of the Salvager 3 module. Eject-able for quick reloads. 4 Firing modes; single fire, group salvo, 4 round automatic burst and continuous fully-automatic fire. Bring the noise... :cool:

100x Pathfider.jpg 100x Pathfider2.jpg 100x Pathfider 3.jpg

Reactions: Valck

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    How powerful are the torpedoes?
    Depends on "blockbehaviorconfig.xml" setting on the server. Default setting is 2000 damage with an 8 meter blast radius. On light vs Dark, I think it's set to 12,000 with 20, meter radius. I can't wait until they are officially buffed. (smiles evily...)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    So I refit ye olde Pathfinder transport that everyone's probably sick of seeing...

I wanted to know just how much destructive force I could cram into one of these guys.

Mass: 5858.
    Shield: 800,000 (20,000 recharge)
    Thrust: 9573
    Armor class: Standard
    Armament:
    - 2 guided missile turrets
    - 19 Point Defense Turrets
    - Ion Cannon: 400,000 anti-shield damage
    - 2 Guided missile launchers: 500,000 per missile
    - Dual Auto Cannons 15,000 dps
    - Particle flare (disrupts enemy point defense)

- 100x Torpedo Launcher!?

Yes! The long awaited 100x launcher has finally arrived. Carries 100 high velocity torpedoes. Same physical dimensions of the Salvager 3 module. Eject-able for quick reloads. 4 Firing modes; single fire, group salvo, 4 round automatic burst and continuous fully-automatic fire. Bring the noise... :cool:

View attachment 25424 View attachment 25422 View attachment 25423

That's a cool ship you have there. I like the look of it :p Good work!

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I am trying to upload one of these gifs. For some reason it gives me an error.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    It's not letting me load the gifs,

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Question: How do you get your fleet through a 90 meter wide warp gate when the fleet AI handles like a beached whale driven by drunken sailors using cattle prods?

Answer: Use Rapid Deployment... Basically strap a bunch of assault frigates to a giant 'booster ship' and fly it through the gate. Cut your buddies loose and let them do their thing. In theory, you could use the carrier commands to deploy and recall them. Maybe I'll do that in the next phase of the plan.

Rapid Deployment.jpg Rapid Deployment2.jpg

Last edited: