- on-board cargo storage and medical gear
    - Anti-gravity unit for planetary flight

Jump Shuttle.jpg

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was considering, why not make the placeholder mechs and cargo trucks actual separate ships?

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I was considering, why not make the placeholder mechs and cargo trucks actual separate ships?
    Actually, I used to do that in the past. Unfortunately it caused collision glitches where the units fell through the planet's crust and into the core. So now I just place them as scenery on my new planet. They will be mobile when my new command system is operational...
    [DOUBLEPOST=1459715128,1459715050][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Actually, I used to do that in the past. Unfortunately it caused collision glitches where the units fell through the planet's crust and into the core. So now I just place them as scenery on my new planet. They will be mobile when my new command system is operational...

EDIT: I even had plans to move the little guys around on hidden rails like traffic. The game isn't up for that kind of craziness yet.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    EDIT: I even had plans to move the little guys around on hidden rails like traffic. The game isn't up for that kind of craziness yet.
    Well, now that we have the guide rails you can have hidden rails easily. Rotators will be visible though.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well, now that we have the guide rails you can have hidden rails easily. Rotators will be visible though.
    Actually, I would run the rails underneath the "water", road. etc. The vehicles would be attached via the game's docking mechanics but would appear to be physically detached when you look at them; similar to these floating turret "fighters"
    Falcon Force.jpg

Reactions: nightrune

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The colony on Maximus is under attack!!! Battlestations!!!
    Attacked again.jpg

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    damn that thing looks beast. Simple, yet effective design, like all your stuff

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This colony is getting crowded. Time to start building on yet another planet plate...

Everyone seems so hooked on capital ships these days. I say; why build ships when you can build entire worlds?

Industral Complex.jpg Because of the massive profits observed last year, we are substantially over budget. To encourage trade with other factions, the Axis now operates a free-of-charge public manufacturing plant with ore processing capabilities. You bring the parts, we build it. That's how we roll.

construction team3.jpg
    Here's a closer view of my construction vehicle line-up. My last ground units used to fall into the planet core at random so to avoid this, I've built these units as part of the planet; They are strictly decorative for now. However, it wouldn't take much to make a functional moving vehicle using these designs as I've done in the past.

ERS HQ.jpg
    Here's a shot of my Emergency Response Service. The hospital has plenty of medical gear inside but I'll be adding more detail and some ambulances soon. With all this industry around, it's better safe than sorry.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    You know Blue Ingots work pretty well as windows compared to blue computer screens. ;)

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You know Blue Ingots work pretty well as windows compared to blue computer screens. ;)
    I had originally considered that. So far it's been a toss up between, inactive blue lights, blue hull, screens and the ingots. My only concern is that blue ingots require me to use Hylat which is used to make cannons and ion effect modules. Given that most of the people on the server I'm on seem to have an unhealthy obsession with capital ships, I need to save up as much Hylat as I can.

On the other hand, if Hylat ingots are no longer being used in armor production I may buy up the ingots at near by shops and replace these screens. The wiki has conflicting information on this but it looks like they've switched out the ingots for armor hardeners.

I'll do some experiments when I get home.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I'm experimenting with a new type of upgraded star-fighter... It's somewhat slower than my past designs (advanced armor will do that) but much more powerful and energy efficient. I think I'll use these for area defense near my base.

Dimensions: L 13m, x W 13m, x H 9m
    Mass: 47
    Thrust: 101
    Power regen: 9101 e/sec
    Shield: 1982 (22/sec regen).

Armament:
    - 4 repeat-fire cannons - damage 27 x4 (440 DPS)
    - Guided missiles - 3600 damage x2 (15 sec reload)
    - Particle flare - confuses enemy AMS turrets

New fighter.jpg R-gray 3s.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    ...And the torpedo madness continues!

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great pleasure that I present to you...

The Scatter Pack 4 Guided MIRV Torpedo.

This is a prototype guided multi-warhead weapon that homes in on a target then is remotely 'detonated' from the launch station. All you capital ship addicts better hope the shine team doesn't buff the warheads. Just sayin... :D

Scatter Pack 4.jpg

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

A Star Axis deep space mining ship made contact with a nearby Terran colony on the planet Altirius. As history can attest, first contact with an off-world spacecraft can be tense but the people of Altirius quickly recognized the mining ship as being of Earth origin and the absence of any visible weaponry quickly set aside any fears or concerns. The Axis has begun diplomatic negotiations and is making preparations to extend military protection to the colony.

We come in peace.jpg We come in peace3.jpg

We come in peace2.jpg

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

A Star Axis deep space mining ship made contact with a nearby Terran colony on the planet Altirius. As history can attest, first contact with an off-world spacecraft can be tense but the people of Altirius quickly recognized the mining ship as being of Earth origin and the absence of any visible weaponry quickly set aside any fears or concerns. The Axis has begun diplomatic negotiations negotiations and is making preparations to extend military protection to the colony.

View attachment 24284 View attachment 24287

View attachment 24285
    Nice you found an actual random gen city.

Reaction score
    Random gen cities? Didn't know those existed. Or are they only on one server in particular or something?

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Random gen cities? Didn't know those existed. Or are they only on one server in particular or something?
    They are just extremely rare. Desert planets also have a small chance of spawning Yellow armor pyramids.

Dr. Whammy

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This just in... The Axis has discovered what appears to be the ruins of an ancient pyramid on a desert planet...

So... an advanced shop, a city and a pyramid... All in the same two system radius? What are the odds?
    Pyramid.jpg

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This just in... The Axis has discovered what appears to be the ruins of an ancient pyramid on a desert planet...

So... an advanced shop, a city and a pyramid... All in the same two system radius? What are the odds?
    View attachment 24306
    Lore speaking, quite high. The pyramid race seeded the other planet. So in other words: