Importing your favorite ship hulls per request (1 a month)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Thank you very much! :D

it's... it's.... it's beautyful.... and backwards :p.
    Is it backwards? I wasn't sure.. but it looked like the wing gun bits were facing the right way.. i guess those weren't guns.. crap.. Its going to suck turning that thing around. but ill get it done by tomorrow

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Trekmeshes is a decent site, albeit somewhat limited. I have known about it since it first came on line. But i rarely use it anymore however due to having the entire library of STO models coupled with every other ST model i could track down across the web over the years. It being sunday morning i'll see if i can get yours and pesce's ships in before my wife and kids wants to go out somewhere.
    Oh you have the STO models? Sweet. I had thought of telling you there was a rather good model of a d'kora in STO as one of those box-ships. Buddy of mine used it's onboard market to control the dilithium stocks back in the day. Whichever model you find easier to port would be awesome. Thanks.
    Tell the wife I said "you need to make more kids".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I was just curious, did you ever try TBterra's tool? (He posted about in in post #82 - I'm not involved at all)
    just to note, her tool is not by any-means done, it has issues with very large ships (larger than 2k x 1k x 1k) and the automatic layerd hull feature is taking some time to get working reliably

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Hi Omega,

I was just curious, did you ever try TBterra's tool? (He posted about in in post #82 - I'm not involved at all)
    I'm using Smedit and poly2vox predominately for now simply due to the extra features it has currently along with support for more file types. But if TBterr's tool eventually develops equal or more features while being more stable. Then i will certainly start using it. But it would be the go to tool (or only tool) for ships larger then 1250m

Reaction score
    There a hull in minecraft the Exscaliber dreaghnough, (The big one) can you get it for me. but you dont have to.:)

Reaction score
    There a hull in minecraft the Exscaliber dreaghnough, (The big one) can you get it for me. but you dont have to.:)
    If it's already a minecraft schematic you can use smedit directly to convert it, you may want to do a bit of cleaning to get it totally symmetrical. But otherwise it should work fine.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm using Smedit and poly2vox predominately for now simply due to the extra features it has currently
    could you tell me what features you would like in Vox2sm3, currently i haven't been adding all that much because no-one has told me what new features they want

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If it's already a minecraft schematic you can use smedit directly to convert it, you may want to do a bit of cleaning to get it totally symmetrical. But otherwise it should work fine.
    The ability to change block type along with the ability to reflect to get two identical sides. Which means you would need a (select all) and (select specific) feature along with copy, paste and delete.. Also not sure if it has it yet. But the ability to move the core and the ability to rotate

Reaction score
    The ability to change block type along with the ability to reflect to get two identical sides. Which means you would need a (select all) and (select specific) feature along with copy, paste and delete.. Also not sure if it has it yet. But the ability to move the core and the ability to rotate
    Smedit can move and rotate cores which has been a lifesaver for me importing minecraft Star Trek hulls. However, I don't think it can work on new smedit files... I think. Again, what you're doing here is awesome for people for whom Smedit just doesn't work or want to work on something not available through simple/easy tools, just wanted to throw it out there that resources such as this are likely accessible without needing to you to do the work. :)

I think I may request a b5 hall. Or 3 :p thanks for the list
    One thing to remember about B5 hulls if/when you request any is scale. You'll probably want them at 2/3 or even 1/2 scale in order to get some of the most common ships playable. Take a look at this EA fleet chart for a sense of how large they are for StarMade (I never assumed they were supposed to be that large when watching the show, but in retrospect those lengths make sense given the size of Babylon 5 itself.) The scale and my obsession with 1:1 is why I'm working on an Olympus rather than a more recognizable Hyperion or Omega.

Reaction score
    Smedit can move and rotate cores which has been a lifesaver for me importing minecraft Star Trek hulls. However, I don't think it can work on new smedit files... I think. Again, what you're doing here is awesome for people for whom Smedit just doesn't work or want to work on something not available through simple/easy tools, just wanted to throw it out there that resources such as this are likely accessible without needing to you to do the work. :)

One thing to remember about B5 hulls if/when you request any is scale. You'll probably want them at 2/3 or even 1/2 scale in order to get some of the most common ships playable. Take a look at this EA fleet chart for a sense of how large they are for StarMade (I never assumed they were supposed to be that large when watching the show, but in retrospect those lengths make sense given the size of Babylon 5 itself.) The scale and my obsession with 1:1 is why I'm working on an Olympus rather than a more recognizable Hyperion or Omega.
    I've tried it on my mac it will not and cannot open