Importing your favorite ship hulls per request (1 a month)

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Smedit can move and rotate cores which has been a lifesaver for me importing minecraft Star Trek hulls. However, I don't think it can work on new smedit files... I think. Again, what you're doing here is awesome for people for whom Smedit just doesn't work or want to work on something not available through simple/easy tools, just wanted to throw it out there that resources such as this are likely accessible without needing to you to do the work. :)

One thing to remember about B5 hulls if/when you request any is scale. You'll probably want them at 2/3 or even 1/2 scale in order to get some of the most common ships playable. Take a look at this EA fleet chart for a sense of how large they are for StarMade (I never assumed they were supposed to be that large when watching the show, but in retrospect those lengths make sense given the size of Babylon 5 itself.) The scale and my obsession with 1:1 is why I'm working on an Olympus rather than a more recognizable Hyperion or Omega.
    Ive pointed out the availability to others in the past of minecraft schematic files. But i believe the issue is that a lot of people have problems running smedit without it crashing or becoming unusable shortly after running it. The other thing i offer is the ability to either rip or already have in my possession thousands of ship models from games and movies that aren't readily available elsewhere.. i.e The BFGA and STO models for example.

Reactions: Shadow2Lead
    Reaction score
    I wrote a star trek story in school a few years ack and the story involes the excaliber dreadnought and a new alien race. Borg fights might be in it though because the alien is almost invincible. Ill post a borg fight when im done sure.

Reaction score
    I was a bit surprised bye the white stars size. The show might of taken some liberty in making that ship look much smaller then the official size..

Reaction score
    Oh, do you watch trekyards?
    Trekyard is great! I pay for Youtube Red and Google Play, and they're one of a handful of channels I'll queue up at work on my earbuds to listen to as I go through my usual routine. I learned today that the Sovereign class ship was actually a federation version of a battleship and the Akira class design being the equivalent of a heavy cruiser with a very heavy torpedo armament (yeah, pun intended :P).

Does anyone have a .obj file or link for the Akira class? If someone has the model, I'd do the work of importing and cleaning it up before posting it here. :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Oh, do you watch trekyards?
    I don't watch it a lot. But I have watched several dozen episodes. Some of my favorites are when they interview the ship designers. I've been a fan of star trek since I was a kid watching the next generation with my dad. We would build st ship models and hang them up in the man cave aka a big shed we built and then decked out. I've played every star trek game and watched every series 2 or more times each.. now I hope axanar pulls through and the new series coming up live up to the tall order set by its predecessors.

Reaction score
    I don't watch it a lot. But I have watched several dozen episodes. Some of my favorites are when they interview the ship designers. I've been a fan of star trek since I was a kid watching the next generation with my dad. We would build st ship models and hang them up in the man cave aka a big shed we built and then decked out. I've played every star trek game and watched every series 2 or more times each.. now I hope axanar pulls through and the new series coming up live up to the tall order set by its predecessors.
    I watch TNG like a mad man and always want a bigger ship

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Trekyard is great! I pay for Youtube Red and Google Play, and they're one of a handful of channels I'll queue up at work on my earbuds to listen to as I go through my usual routine. I learned today that the Sovereign class ship was actually a federation version of a battleship and the Akira class design being the equivalent of a heavy cruiser with a very heavy torpedo armament (yeah, pun intended :p).

Does anyone have a .obj file or link for the Akira class? If someone has the model, I'd do the work of importing and cleaning it up before posting it here. :D
    Here is a nice Akira class for you> Star Trek: Akira class (hull)

Reaction score
    How bout a Exscaliber class dreadnought, if you cant do it okay. If you can can you see if you can find a better one, if not use the big one in the top right on minecraft. Please

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    How bout a Exscaliber class dreadnought, if you cant do it okay. If you can can you see if you can find a better one, if not use the big one in the top right on minecraft. Please
    here you go pesce Star Trek: Excelsior class (hull) ... DAMN!! I see you said Excalibur now..
    [doublepost=1476972952,1476972410][/doublepost]
    here you go pesce Star Trek: Excelsior class (hull) ... DAMN!! I see you said Excalibur now..
    Can you find me a link to that mincraft schematic of the ship.. im not having any luck
    Can you find me a link to that mincraft schematic of the ship.. im not having any luck

Reaction score
    Star Trek 3D models Minecraft Project
    [doublepost=1476972952,1476972410][/doublepost]

Star Trek 3D models Minecraft Project Download the whole file then get the right exscaliber class file (Not the PKTS) file then you should be able to convert! The big onep is that where you got the New Orleans class

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Any chance you could do the USS Excelsior version of the Excelsior Class? Or is that too many names that sound alike?

(You don't have to)

(Actually, don't, unless you legitimately have nothing else better to do, because I just found a .obj of it that was in the most obvious spot possible, which would actually be the last place I would ever look; and I have a functional version of smedit)

Last edited: