Give us some cheap decorative hull blocks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    One of the complaints i see and sometimes think about myself is that our choices for good looking hull blocks also happen to be heavy, expensive armored blocks. So the simplest suggestion is to give us some decorative, unarmored, lightweight and dirt cheap blocks that look good as smooth or lightly textured hull. Because motherboards look too messy, ingots are too heavy and too expensive, and rocks, which are literally dirt cheap and lightweight, are also too messy in appearance and dont even have wedges or other angled pieces.

Personally, im happy to use hull or basic armor visually and appreciate the slight extra protection it offers between exterior armor and internal bulkheads, but would appreciate a cheaper, lighter option, too.

A recent thread that covers some of the desires for change;
    https://starmadedock.net/threads/re...or-turn-rate-add-zero-weight-deco-bloc.31294/
    And a post that outlines the basics of a pvpers complaints:
    https://starmadedock.net/threads/re...-add-zero-weight-deco-bloc.31294/#post-376803

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    well they could spit hull and armor up again. Hull: Decorative version of armor and is super light. Armor: Meant for protecting a ship/station and its systems. It is also heavy.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Personally, the whole heavy vs light armor thing annoys me. In our real world we have Titanium, various polimar composits, composit alloys and carbon fiber bits and bobs that are stronger than the old benchmark steel, yet way lighter. Surely, we can start looking at the recipes or the recipe system in SM to perhaps make new materials that would be more logical in an advanced sci-fi space simm block game.

What I mean by the recipe system is, perhaps look at a system that affects the SM universe when combining different raw and manufactured constituents/end products. Then tie these recipes to an cause and effect scenario.

An example I imagine, could be a situation where you could combine a gravity module with a warhead (and maybe other capsules) to create some kind of implosive gravity well that compresses things in the local vicinity into something like a small singularity or something. Or perhaps it simply crushes everything into a new mineral or crystal structure. Allowing us to use in a factory to produce a new product or maybe slave it to an existing system to supercharge it or perhaps use as a substitute for an existing mineral or crystal in a factory to build a supercharged or new system computer or something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If you mean to have several types of advanced armor that have different properties i.e. resistances and manufacturing processes, thatd be cool too, for normal cubic blocks in only one color you can use inside/behind colored/beveled "regular" advanced armor plates.

I dont think the heavy vs light paradigm is likely to be changed, though, but i agree that part doesnt often make sense, as i find myself going with either basic hull or full advanced armor, simply because the best protection available is the only option that makes sense if i actually intend to protect something. So we only really need dirt cheap decorative hull, a cheapish weak armor, maybe, and advanced armor.