Reactors define a armor limit and up to it we loose no thrust or turn rate+Add zero weight deco bloc

Reaction score
    So basically the title:

Lets say a lvl 1 reactor allows me to place 100 armor blocks and if I place 101 I start loosing thrust. I also can only have a maximum dimension of 20m at lvl 1 after this I loose turn rate.

This will allows rp builders to go crazy, IF we additionally get a zero armour + weigth interiour deco hull block, that get destroyed if they get hit, no matter if they are shielded or not.

Thanks for reading. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
    We can already go crazy. I don't see how the reactor dictating how much armor I can use is supposed to help with my ability to role play.

The same goes for reactor dimensions influencing turn rate. It just doesnt make sense.

Where did this idea come from?

Reaction score
    We can already go crazy. I don't see how the reactor dictating how much armor I can use is supposed to help with my ability to role play.
    The thing is that you have 100% thrust no matter if you placed 1 armour block or all aviable that the reactor limit allows.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    The thing is that you have 100% thrust no matter if you placed 1 armour block or all aviable that the reactor limit allows.
    oh so you want extremely fast tanky ships

Reaction score
    I just don't think it's a very good idea.

At this point I'm good with the game mechanics as they are
    I would rather see stabilization optimizations and stuff like that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Are we just not using the best terminology here? Is what youre trying to suggest "the first x*(reactorlvl) armor blocks are "free" and dont count towards your ships mass and speed/turn rate?"

That could help even the gap between armor and shield tanking, but last i was aware the bigger issue is still that armor blocks are economically/financially too expensive.

Reaction score
    A convoluted system for an easy fix.

In short, the problem is that armour is used as everything except armour, and will continue to be until there is an alternative, making any RP ship an inefficient mess.

You want a solution to the armour problem, have a single dedicated armour block, make the current ones decorative, and then everybody (RP PVP) gets to have their systems in a nice functional armour box and whatever huge ridiculous (currently horribly inefficient) pretty hull they want.

The extra weight saved from the hull will allow for more armour blocks, and more importantly uesful armour placement, rather than engines being armour, interior being armour, details being armour, rail devices being armour, etc.

Reactions: Brokengauge

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    This is where having decor specific armor texture blocks would be useful, since the issue is using armor for decoration adding to weight. That said 0 weight decor blocks might help too. As for the rest of this guy's idea it needs to be rethought since there's about a dozen better ways to fix the problem that don't involve adding new system issues to worry about. >.>