[FH] FragHouse Server

Reaction score
    I am aware of the login issue that three players are having. So if you\'re one of those three, I\'m sorry guys. I\'ve tried kicking and banning the dummy accounts. You\'ll have to wait for my host to do a full server restart later today. And we\'ll be upping the max speed to 88 km/h!

Reaction score
    The problem of balancing econmy is a bug/design error which allows you to create infinite amounts of credits. Actually there are two which didnt get fixed so far.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ... I\'ve never known of a way to duplicate money (I suppose it\'s done by means of crafting) and yet never have a lack of money. I\'ve already sent a long and detailed economy rebalance suggestion to Xerxeth, though.

Reaction score
    @trinova

The infinite resources or blueprint exploit isn\'t as bad as you might think. Yes, it does kill manufacturing and salvaging/mining to a certain extent and unbalances the game. Still I don\'t think with this exploit fixed it would bring much more substance with the current economy. Shops are still very stocked with items, some stocked into the thousands. Even then most players are very rich and having the option to spawn your materials rather than fly around or manufacture them is just a time saver.

The real balance is made by schema through trading optimisation, and making trading a substantial credit earner. Then we can see which bugs are having a negative impact much more clearly. Once players and NPC\'s are actually trading between stations we can see creation of trade hubs in certain sectors. Player factions will have the opportunity to grow larger on manufacturing monopolies and Trading convoys. The game is a long way from being half competent in any setting with so much needing to be fixed.

Glitches and bugs are still very common and will continue to plague everyone. Without these bugs fixed before everything we can\'t continue to expect things to be balanced. This is a very important phase in developement where the game is going through many stress tests and so on.

For now all we can do is yell at Xerxeth to reboot the server from time to time.

Reaction score
    The entire server tower was rebooted. The Server Status page should be working again, and the StarMade server should be online.

Reaction score
    Apparently the permission system got messed up on the forums. Everyone should be able to post and create topics now! :D

Reaction score
    For the topic of balancing: yes, as long as design isnt finished you can\'t balance very well. But the bugs im talking about are making any blance futile.

Link: http://star-made.org/content/infinite-credit-creation-bugs

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Some random ship with something akin \'Pelican\' in their name caused a series of warning messages (Server complained about structure collisons etc) and then the server went entirely down. People should stop spawning their super space destroyers just to ram them into a planet.

Reaction score
    The server appears to still be online.

Anyways, as a note, I\'ll be pretty busy this week. So I probably won\'t personally be on the server as much. Message me if the server goes down, and the status page its claims its offline, and I\'ll contact my host and get it back ASAP.

Have fun, everyone!

-Xerxeth

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    In my opinion this server is a waste of time, I joined and built a basic ship, then 10-15 minutes later someone kills me.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s PvP for you. As soon as you leave 2/2/2, which is a protected zone (you can\'t be damaged in there), you are free to be attacked by any player. If you don\'t like that, you should either learn how to build stealth ships or play on PvE servers only.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The server appears to be offline or i am just having connection problems, i am stuck on the loging into the server screen and nothing seems to be happening.

Reaction score
    Serious question: What can you do in PvE atm? First hour: you hit credit cap. Second hour you ask yourself, what the hell you should do now. 3rd hour you start building a gigantic ship... 10th hour you realize even if you finish you can\'t do anything with it.

Don\'t get me wrong, i could imagine some realy nice PvE aspects in this game. But they just don\'t exist at this point of development.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, I just commented on the other user\'s complaint about PvP. If he doesn\'T want to be killed by other plaers, he should stop playing on a PvP server, with the only alternative being PvE / Creative :P

I fully agree with you, half the fun of this game is the actual PvP fighting. Though it\'s only good in an organized fashion, otherwise it usually comes down to whomever has the larger amount of dps/shieldreg.