• Bloody awful!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    homebase protection
    HB Protection and Asset protection are two completely different things. The HB doesn't count as an asset, it's the center of the faction, and as long as the faction owns the system the HB is present in, then the HB is invulnerable. The reason we do it for assets is for the exact reason that you stated:

Working on an invincible station should be a privilege, neither impossible nor trivial, but feasible for larger factions
    Exactly this. While you can keep an asset safe overnight, you cannot keep it safe forever, because enemy factions will be slowly withering away at your FP then.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Could you please update the first post of the thread with all the agreed ideas from pages 2-3-4.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Could you please update the first post of the thread with all the agreed ideas from pages 2-3-4.
    Right, forgot to add the tiered protection thingy. :p

Will do it tomorrow, am tired. >_>

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've updated the main thread with the new protection system, hopefully my explanation was sufficient. :p

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I would be vary of making the faction point system so... extensive. I mean, this is supposed to be game of blocks. A physical game, if you will. All of this seems an awful lot like building an entirely new game, with it's own rules and point systems, on top of the existing sandbox, and letting the sandbox serve as a simulator for individual actions and encounters. This might work, in a way, but I'd much rather see this "faction point" business be kept to a minimum and balance the game with block-based features.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Hey guys, I like the bickering (not). So I skipped to last page after reading post. It seems to me that this system allows mega factions (with at least one or more no-lifers playing on it) to absolutely crush any other fledgling factions. With easy, I might add, if they so choose to. This is because the mega faction will ALWAYS have more of everything compared to the smaller faction. Their systems will be more heavily defended (as there is no limit to station sizes they can put in it) thus resulting in uber-stations defending their space. While the small faction would only be barely scrapping by to be putting up good sized stations and even ships. So they are and would always be behind the Large faction. Even if they went to go "counter attack" the large faction's space it would most likely be futile as the mega faction could have upwards of 30 systems (probably more) claimed. So pretty much the little faction has to always keep quiet and if a large faction chooses to attack then they have to pull down their pants and bend over at the attackers will. (Which I know many more fanatic players love flexing their strength and showing off their space wieners. So I'd imagine that Shock and Awe campaigns would be quite frequent.)

Also, I may have not understood this correctly but did you mean that when a faction is in the lowest faction tier they can't even attack NPCs? Such as pirates? If this is indeed what you meant that sounds like a very BAD system. As it immediately cuts off a huge part of the game many people find enjoying and what hooks many new comers when they fight pirates for the first time in their little ship. (that is what actually made me play the game). And to cut that out until they rank up in this faction point system? Seems silly to me. And before you rage at me, yes I know they would be in the lowest rank of faction points for a "short" time but still any amount of time where you are disallowed to do something in a sandbox game (that is even advertised as sandbox) seems very very very bad. But then again I may have misunderstood you.

Anyways seems pretty unbalanced (but a very good step in the right direction). Maybe someone already pointed out my concerns, but like I said, I skipped most the comments because of the bickering.

Reaction score
    I agree with your concerns, and think that the stages idea isn't very great. Perhaps instead the idea of protection grades. Faction assets in homebase sector slowly lose a % damage reduction as your faction increases in size.