Votes: 0 0.0%
    • Bloody awful!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blaza612

The Dog of Dissapointment
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    At the moment, Faction Points can be accumulated and lost indefinitely, with plenty of new Faction Points (FP) being created and destroyed constantly. When a faction has negative FP, their Homebase becomes vulnerable. This system is extremely simple, and not very dynamic. It relies on just having players online, and providing extra incentive for players to have only one base (the Homebase). While Schine will be fixing the HB problem, the Faction Point system still, isn't that good.

So, I propose that rather have the creation and destruction of FP, we have a set amount in a galaxy.

System FP Resource

Each system will have a limited number of Faction Points that can be accumulated, based on it's value (distance to Wormholes, amount of planets, amount of asteroids, if there are any TG stations, etc.).

Claiming a System

When a faction claims ownership of a system, there will be an initial cost of FP to claim it. This cost will be added to the yield limit, and the faction will slowly collect FP from this system over time.
    - If a faction has no other owned systems when claiming this, then the cost will be free, and now extra will be added to the value.
    - The further away a system is from the Homebase, then the greater the initial cost

The Development of Infrastructure
    If a faction wishes to take advantage of the full yield (by actually collecting it in a not ridiculous amount of time), then they must start developing infrastructure throughout the system. These structures (claiming of planets and stations) will add to the amount of FP collected every tick, based on their value.
    - To determine the value of infrastructure will be via it's functional worth, similar to the ship scores. The factories, refineries, shipyards, etc. This is to make the spamming of single block stations useless
    Infrastructure also acts as a sort of "claimage" to the system. Each structure will add a faction's presence to the system it exists in based on it's value.
    - This is used in the process of capturing a system, which we will get to soon.
    In order for a faction to continue gaining FP, it must continually claim and develop systems, as war and Homebase protection will inevitably whither it away.

Trading of Faction Points

A faction may freely transfer Faction Points to any other faction. There is no allegiance requirement. A faction can send FP to a warring enemy, or to a completely neutral faction.

Destroying Another Faction's Assets

If two factions are at war (Faction A [A] and Faction B ), then they can steal the opposition's FP. If A attacks B, and destroys a fleet, the value of the fleet (based on individual ship scores) will be converted to an amount of FP, and transferred from the losing (In this case, B) side, to the winning (In this case, A) side.

Capturing a System

In order to capture a system, a faction must have more than 50% of the Claimage (The amount a faction is entitled to a system based on the combined value of assets it owns within the particular system). Let's say that B is attacking A, and enters their system. In order for B to claim the system for their own, they must capture at least 50% of the value of the total infrastructure in order to take it, or they could destroy ALL enemy infrastructure, leaving the system unclaimed.
    -If the Homebase is present in the system captured, then the Homebase is vulnerable. This is to create more of an emphasis on developing around the HB, and coordinating attacks on the various stations, rather than a single mega-station.
    NOTE: This was a bit tricky to explain, hopefully you understand. If not, just ask as many questions as you like. :p

Faction Protection 2.0

Faction protection will consist of a tiered, "level" system, where as a faction progresses, it advances levels of protection that will eventually lead to no protection.
    - Each faction will start off at Founders Mode, where no other players or NPCs can cause damage to the faction, and the faction cannot cause damage to NPCs or other factions.
    - Once a faction has progressed significantly, they will enter Settler's Mode, where NPCs can attack the faction, but not other factions. The faction in question will also be able to attack other NPCs, but not other players.
    - Once a faction has significantly developed (A few systems, couple of which are developed and some military) then they will enter the Horizon (It sounds cool, shuddup :p), where anything can cause damage to them, and they can cause damage to them. Homebase protection is unaffected by this system.

Factions will automatically rise in the levels, and will not go back to Founder's mode unless it's Homebase has been destroyed.

However, there are players who would like to be able to switch between them, hence there will be a config option, with two available options to pick from.

- The first option will be auto mode, where the factions will move through the levels automatically (What I'd prefer and would recommend for any PvP server)
    - The second option will be manual mode, where the faction can choose which mode they feel comfortable with. (I'd recommend only using this for PvE servers)

Other System's Properties

Each galaxy would have it's own amount of FP that is in circulation, which is determined by the system yield limits, with no hard cap in place. However, systems in void systems and systems belonging to a different galaxy than the Homebase, will not provide any FP yield. Any FP cannot be used or collected in a different galaxy than the one the Homebase resides in. This is to prevent claiming a different galaxy from being an exploit.

Benefits and an Example or Two

All of this will allow for a more fluid and dynamic system that'll give more freedom to factions and what they can do. It can add a new layer of depth to wars, and create a means of Guerrilla wars, giving smaller factions more of a chance against larger factions, with a new way of warring.

For example, Faction A is a massive faction and declares war on Faction B, who is significantly smaller. While A is committing to full frontal assault on B's territory, B sneaks into the outer systems of A and captures them, cutting off A's supply to FP, and delaying the occupation of B's territories enough to possibly prepare a more thorough counter-attack.

Another example, say Faction A is allied with Faction B. B still holds a grudge against A, so they pretend to be friendly, and establish stations in A's territory. After continual development and playing A into their hands, B successfully sets up enough infrastructure to claim many of A's systems, crippling them, and allowing them to win yet again, in their long term war.

With the normal FP system, FP's only significance comes when someone runs out of FP, but with this economy, FP becomes a much more major influence on not only wars, but how factions/empires are run, especially with the future faction building updates coming in the near future.

Truly Amazing Conclusion
    So, this is the FP economy idea I had to make Faction Points much more flexible and influential in the game, allowing for even more possibilities, however certain mechanics must be tweaked to fit it in. I am open to any feedback one may have, and am more than willing to start discussion. Feel free to state your opinion as well as why. o/

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So, there is only so much FP you can get out of a system? Will a faction just stop gaining FP from that system when they have reached the cap, and start gaining FP again when they lose or spend some as long as the infrastructure is not damaged?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This^ but also what determines the % of the claimed system? The number sectors with structures in them? There are 4096 sectors in a system so I don't think you are proposing 50% needs to have something in it. I'm just curious about your thoughts on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    This^ but also what determines the % of the claimed system? The number sectors with structures in them? There are 4096 sectors in a system so I don't think you are proposing 50% needs to have something in it. I'm just curious about your thoughts on it.
    He probably means that 50% of the claim station's infrastructure for the system must be owned. Not 50% of the system.

It also means you can (passive aggressively) peacefully take over another's systems by just being far larger than them such that their influence is eclipsed.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    Lots of good ideas,some that are not currently planned probably (yet),and some that maybe overlap with things Devs already have planned :D
    cool suggestion again,there is a lot of potential with faction points

Reaction score
    Great idea for economy, especially as a short-term fix for PvP and a long-term point for development. The idea of limited resources (In economics, scarcity) meeting unlimited wants DRIVES competition, and this will introduce exactly what we need to get action on every faction conflict-based server.

I'd recommend having a system for TRADING FP, because then an ally can help someone in desperate need of FP, and factions can distribute FP in trade for other goods.

Also, FP in a galaxy need to somehow be replenished and removed, because right now you're proposing the creation of new FP from nothingness based on the destruction of fleets, while losing FP, it appears, to allow for HB invulnerability.

EDIT:

Well, nobody's posted after me yet, so I'm going to add another idea I thought of, because people have problems with griefing and the like, regardless of HB protection.

Allow for the use of FP (At some cost) to protect vessels from ANY damage (Torch beam or otherwise) and ANY use other than by faction members of whatever rank you should choose. In short, a temporary HB invulnerability that extends to any ship that does not have anyone operating it (So any vessel without a pilot can be "locked down" to prevent theft while the player is offline).
    However, all turrets and drones on this vessel are deactivated while the player is offline.

FP costs based on mass of vessel and time spent protected. Decreased in your owned systems, increased somewhat in neutral space, off-the-charts ridiculous in enemy space.

Last edited:

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So, there is only so much FP you can get out of a system? Will a faction just stop gaining FP from that system when they have reached the cap, and start gaining FP again when they lose or spend some as long as the infrastructure is not damaged?
    Imagine it similar to say the minerals from Starcraft. Each mineral spot only has so many minerals that can be harvested. You can increase the harvesting of said minerals by adding more workers to it. Similar concept here, where each system has a bunch of FP it can get, but it will take a VERY long time to harvest them all without infrastructure. The infrastructure simply speeds up the process of gathering the FP, cutting it down to a much more reasonable time frame (Possibly a few days?). Once they have harvested all of the FP from the system, they can no longer get anymore, unless they lose claimage of the system, and eventually take it back.

This^ but also what determines the % of the claimed system
    Get the total value of all of the developments (developed planets and stations). This is the claimage a faction can have on a system. Once an attacking faction manages to secure at least 50% of the value of all the structures, they get control of the system.

It also means you can (passive aggressively) peacefully take over another's systems by just being far larger than them such that their influence is eclipsed.
    This is indeed another example of the new layers of depth this system adds. Will add it to the examples. :p

Great idea for economy, especially as a short-term fix for PvP and a long-term point for development. The idea of limited resources (In economics, scarcity) meeting unlimited wants DRIVES competition, and this will introduce exactly what we need to get action on every faction conflict-based server.
    This guy gets it. :p

I'd recommend having a system for TRADING FP, because then an ally can help someone in desperate need of FP, and factions can distribute FP in trade for other goods.
    This is a great idea, will add.

Allow for the use of FP (At some cost) to protect vessels from ANY damage (Torch beam or otherwise) and ANY use other than by faction members of whatever rank you should choose. In short, a temporary HB invulnerability that extends to any ship that does not have anyone operating it (So any vessel without a pilot can be "locked down" to prevent theft while the player is offline).
    However, all turrets and drones on this vessel are deactivated while the player is offline.
    Yes. I like this idea. My only problem with your proposal, is that it seems as though the FP spent on protection is lost. I'll add this in, however, it'll be done a tad bit differently.

When an asset is under protection, and not attacked, after the protection timer runs out, then the FP is given back to the faction that started the protection. If the asset is indeed attacked, the FP spent on the protection will go the faction that attacked. This means that FP stays in the economy, and a faction cannot keep it's assets in protection infinitely.

FP costs based on mass of vessel and time spent protected. Decreased in your owned systems, increased somewhat in neutral space, off-the-charts ridiculous in enemy space.
    I'd make it that it can only be activated in protected territory. When it comes to new players being protected from older more powerful factions, I had previously mentioned a 24-hour online protection time. Any new player will have 24 hours (not consecutive) of online protection time. The 24 hours will not tick down when the player is offline, only when they're online.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Make the faction points an actual item so they can't just be tped to other factions, that way if someone is in need of points and under siege you have to run the enemy blockade to deliver the points ( sounds like a sport, spaceship football).

Faction points can not be used until they are delivered to your homebase faction block once put into the faction block they can not be withdrawn.

Have the points become available by player actions to reward actual player activity in the game:
    -mined all asteroids in a sector the last asteroid drops faction points
    -defeat a pirate patrol the last active pirate drops faction points
    -defeated players will drop faction points
    -selling items to trade guild stations will add faction points directly to the players inventory
    -exploring derelict stations the storage blocks will randomly have faction points (possibly recurring)
    -have faction points randomly generate in sectors that haven't been visited in a while but have been visited at least once
    -faction points might appear in player inventory when travelling through a wormhole

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Make the faction points an actual item so they can't just be tped to other factions, that way if someone is in need of points and under siege you have to run the enemy blockade to deliver the points ( sounds like a sport, spaceship football).
    This idea actually originated from a different thread, which wanted to make Faction Points a physical object. As you may be able to tell, it was a big fat no. Faction Points are an abstract object, and should be always treated as an abstract object, since its entire existence is based on the idea of socio-political power, which too, is abstract.

Reaction score
    Great responses. However, I have to give an overwhelming NO to the idea of people GAINING FP for attacking a protected vessel.

I think that the most logical way to do it is to just have FP that are used be RANDOMLY redistributed into systems all around the galaxy in which the FP was harvested and used in.

In other words, FP lost to protection, HB invulnerability, astronaut death to pirates, fleet loss to pirates, whatever, should enter a "wait list" of FP that have been lost, and, over a configurable amount of time, reenter the galaxy randomly, perhaps favoring undeveloped systems (Systems that no players have based activities in), lending something to discovery. As in, if you go looking after large battles, there may just be a system with an abnormally large amount of FP hanging around, due to the FP respawn in mostly random systems.

If anything didn't make sense, ask a question.

Reactions: jgames666
    Reaction score
    I love this idea.
    A few things: First of all, protection is nice. However, I think it should cost a set amount of FP's to protect an asset. Whether a ship or station, it's based on mass or blocks. Set amount goes in, and enters that galactic FP waiting list above. I like that idea. That way, if you want to be secure, you pay a small amount to defend the object you're in while you're offline. -- Also needs an option to defend until the owning player logs back in, or one of a designated group or rank of players comes in.
    Can also extend to planets. Because they can be HBs too.
    Second, FPs cannot reenter occupied systems until ALL systems have been claimed. Otherwise it's like luck-of-the-draw gaining there.

4096 = 16^3. So, systems are divided into 8-sector cubes, giving you 8 "Control Zones" in a system. If you possess something in each of these zones, it is controlled - or partially controlled. Say you need 2 objects per sector, that's 16 in a system - and they have to consist of certain basic functions. I.E., planets must host factories, stations must hold a shipyard or reach a certain mass threshold to count as a major object. This shipyard MUST be capable of supporting an Isanth (as a universal basis, all values I throw out can be adjusted in config settings) to count.
    -- Defending forces can be (possibly, kinda tangential here) posted to each control zone, and will patrol the outer edges of each one (system borders only). If they pick up hostiles, they will engage with appropriate strength, possibly contacting nearby Zone Security forces to assist. These guys add to security ratings and thus FP gain-rates. If they're knocked out, like a fleet (they would BE a fleet, just with a larger area of operations) they will give FPs to the faction that knocked them out. Or just to the galactic pool.

Another idea: Security Ratings. FPs are gained faster for the faction that maintains a high-security system. If you leave a dozen Pirate Stations out there, it's low-security and FPs come in slowly. If you wipe the pirates and allow NO hostile faction's forces inside, it's an Ultra-High-Security sector and you can gain them rapidly.

Also, per-player FP gain is reduced to 2 points for online members (online for at least 10 minutes / day, but that won't be a publicly seen number, so you have to either do strenuous testing for it or just be online to earn it), 1 point for offline active members, and loses 1 point for inactive members. Encouraging activity for some rewards.

This way, controlling territory is how you get FPs.

Reactions: jgames666

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Dear Blaza612, would appreciate your thoughts on some personal concerns of mine.
    Capturing a System
    In order to capture a system, a faction must have more than 50% of the Claimage (The amount a faction is entitled to a system based on the combined value of assets it owns within the particular system). Let's say that B is attacking A, and enters their system. In order for B to claim the system for their own, they must capture at least 50% of the value of the total infrastructure in order to take it, or they could destroy ALL enemy infrastructure, leaving the system unclaimed.
    -If the Homebase is present in the system captured, then the Homebase is vulnerable. This is to create more of an emphasis on developing around the HB, and coordinating attacks on the various stations, rather than a single mega-station.
    This will allow huge factions to take over whole server while everyone else is offline.
    Let's say faction A has 20 members. It is time when nobody is online on that server. 3 players from faction A come online, spawn in bases they had in blueprints which had constructed for this exact purpose, enter a system of small faction which could only afford 1 base. Place 3 stations, take over system.

Spending Faction Points to Protect Assets
    A faction can freely spend FP on protecting any assets they have, as long as the asset is within friendly territory (owned or allied). If the asset is protected, and is not attacked, the FP spent is returned to the faction. If the asset is attacked, then the FP spent on the protection will go to the attacker(s).
    - When an asset is protected, it is unusable. No systems will function, and any docked entities cannot move or undock.
    - Due to this, the protection can be stopped in the middle of the timer.- Once an asset comes out of protection, there will be a timer that prevents the asset from yet again gaining protection, until the timer has run its course.
    I don't really like this protection bargain. Sounds like something in a city-builder addictive type of game where you pay money to have peace time since you are afraid big faction will attack. Protect non-homebase assets with turrets and shields. And I think FP generated per clock should be given to owner. If ownership changes, fp generated by that asset changes to new owner.

For example, Faction A is a massive faction and declares war on Faction B, who is significantly smaller. While A is committing to full frontal assault on B's territory, B sneaks into the outer systems of A and captures them, cutting off A's supply to FP, and delaying the occupation of B's territories enough to possibly prepare a more thorough counter-attack.

Another example, say Faction A is allied with Faction B. B still holds a grudge against A, so they pretend to be friendly, and establish stations in A's territory. After continual development and playing A into their hands, B successfully sets up enough infrastructure to claim many of A's systems, crippling them, and allowing them to win yet again, in their long term war.
    Again repeat. Let's say faction A has 20 members. It is time when nobody is online on that server. 3 players from faction A come online, spawn in bases they had in blueprints which had constructed for this exact purpose, enter a system of small faction which could only afford 1 base. Place 3 stations, take over system.

Reaction score
    There's obviously flaws in the system, but it's a beginning. But, Bogdan, do you have a recommendation to fix this? Because having an issue is fine, we just prefer if there's a solution in the complaint.

Don't be so quick to dismiss the protection idea:
    Shields and turrets can't protect a mining base with docked, unarmed mining vessels. If someone's serious about destroying your station, they will destroy it. No questions asked. Hence the idea for a protection system.
    I don't think that this protection has anything to do with another type of game, I just think it's a way to protect vital infrastructure while you're offline. Perhaps only for protecting things that don't claim systems. I.E., no protecting large stations or infrastructure-holding planets. Want to protect an inactive mining fleet and your personal vessel? Sure.

To the OP, I disagree with the idea of giving these FP to the attacker. They should be lost and redistributed as I stated earlier: All FP that is consumed by any means enters a pool of FP, and every set amount of time the FP pool loses a certain amount of FP that is randomly redistributed around the galaxy (Preferring uninhabited systems).

If faction A is going to go around like that, well, they're gonna annoy an awful lot of people on the server.

However, it is a valid concern.
    So, how about this: a faction must hold (Maybe 51%, maybe more) of the system for a set amount of time, and must also destroy any significant military forces or armed stations within the sector before gaining control. This time period would give faction members a chance to be on after coordinating a counter-attack.

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    RANDOMLY redistributed
    Eh, no. That's not how an economy works. Will detail this more below.

it's based on mass or blocks
    The problem here, is the fact that many ships/stations will have so much mass/blocks, that it wont be worth protecting them, making the entire protection system redundant. The protection system is to allow you to face the faction wars and such when you're online, and not have to worry about being conquered when you were unable to do anything.

4096 = 16^3. So, systems are divided into 8-sector cubes, giving you 8 "Control Zones" in a system. If you possess something in each of these zones, it is controlled - or partially controlled. Say you need 2 objects per sector, that's 16 in a system - and they have to consist of certain basic functions. I.E., planets must host factories, stations must hold a shipyard or reach a certain mass threshold to count as a major object. This shipyard MUST be capable of supporting an Isanth (as a universal basis, all values I throw out can be adjusted in config settings) to count.
    -- Defending forces can be (possibly, kinda tangential here) posted to each control zone, and will patrol the outer edges of each one (system borders only). If they pick up hostiles, they will engage with appropriate strength, possibly contacting nearby Zone Security forces to assist. These guys add to security ratings and thus FP gain-rates. If they're knocked out, like a fleet (they would BE a fleet, just with a larger area of operations) they will give FPs to the faction that knocked them out. Or just to the galactic pool.
    Is this just another way of claiming systems? If so, then no. The problem here is that you're limiting players to specific areas, if they wish to actually have control of a system. This idea works from a conquest viewpoint only, to which I give credit, but for a game that is going to be so much more than just war and conquest, it really doesn't work. Forcing players to build in specific areas/regions, will always become an annoyance, and just another chore that player will have to deal with, and ultimately damages the flow of the game.

Another idea: Security Ratings. FPs are gained faster for the faction that maintains a high-security system. If you leave a dozen Pirate Stations out there, it's low-security and FPs come in slowly. If you wipe the pirates and allow NO hostile faction's forces inside, it's an Ultra-High-Security sector and you can gain them rapidly.
    Again, this works in a conquest only environment, and again, I give credit for it. However, Starmade isn't a conquest/war based game. It's based on a dynamic/living universe. With various factions, some that'll specialize in industry, some that'll specialize in war, and some that'll specialize in trade. Because of this, making FP gain come from primarily security in a system ultimately isn't the best idea. It's always a good idea to have security, but making it a necessity again will become an annoyance to players, and will ultimately ruin the overall flow of the game, especially regarding FP.

Also, per-player FP gain is reduced to 2 points for online members (online for at least 10 minutes / day, but that won't be a publicly seen number, so you have to either do strenuous testing for it or just be online to earn it), 1 point for offline active members, and loses 1 point for inactive members. Encouraging activity for some rewards.
    This is changing FP gain FROM players, to territory. I guess I need to explicitly state that. :p

This way, controlling territory is how you get FPs.
    Wasn't that how it was originally? How much of the OP have you read? :p

This will allow huge factions to take over whole server while everyone else is offline.
    That's why protection is -

I don't really like this protection bargain
    Oh.

Well you're certainly making this difficult. :p

enter a system of small faction which could only afford 1 base. Place 3 stations, take over system.
    This is entirely a valid concern, and that's why there's the new player protection and the protection system. Also, I'll add that it now costs FP in order to take a system from a different faction.

Sounds like something in a city-builder addictive type of game where you pay money to have peace time since you are afraid big faction will attack
    It's not trying to be like that, not even slightly. The reason this protection exists is for the very real threat that you stated above. A massive faction can VERY easily take over smaller factions.

I just think it's a way to protect vital infrastructure while you're offline
    That is exactly it. It's simply a way of allowing the wars and such to go down when the players of said war are actually online, when it can be enjoyed and provide entertainment.

I disagree with the idea of giving these FP to the attacker
    All FP that is consumed by any means enters a pool of FP
    No. Just simply no. This is not how an economy works. Economies work via cause and effect, with certain groups affecting it in different ways. By having random distribution, we're not giving any FP reward for attacking, completely removing its influence on the many factions, especially those at war. We're opening up the ability to climb the ranks of the economy to pure luck, which simply does not work. It adds yet another barrier to the overall playing of the game, adding another annoyance, and ultimately damaging the flow that is within the economy.

for a set amount of time,
    Now, this is indeed a good idea. The question is, for how long? I'd immediately say an hour, but I need other opinions on this before I can add it into the OP.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    Don't be so quick to dismiss the protection idea:
    Shields and turrets can't protect a mining base with docked, unarmed mining vessels. If someone's serious about destroying your station, they will destroy it. No questions asked. Hence the idea for a protection system.
    I don't think that this protection has anything to do with another type of game, I just think it's a way to protect vital infrastructure while you're offline. Perhaps only for protecting things that don't claim systems. I.E., no protecting large stations or infrastructure-holding planets. Want to protect an inactive mining fleet and your personal vessel? Sure.
    When an asset is protected, it is unusable. No systems will function, and any docked entities cannot move or undock.
    Having thought this over, I do acknowledge that it is an interesting concept.
    That is exactly it. It's simply a way of allowing the wars and such to go down when the players of said war are actually online, when it can be enjoyed and provide entertainment.
    If everything is predictable there is no element of surprise. While I personally prefer peace to war, if factions can just protect valuable cargo assets nobody would want to attack their bases.
    So, how about this: a faction must hold (Maybe 51%, maybe more) of the system for a set amount of time, and must also destroy any significant military forces or armed stations within the sector before gaining control. This time period would give faction members a chance to be on after coordinating a counter-attack.
    Yes. "and must also destroy any significant military forces or armed stations within the sector before gaining control". Yes.

This is entirely a valid concern, and that's why there's the new player protection and the protection system. Also, I'll add that it now costs FP in order to take a system from a different faction.
    New player protection?!..........
    Addictive city builder style alert.

New faction can build 1 base (homebase) + 1 base (protected asset) and sit like that eternally. No?

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Having thought this over, I do acknowledge that it is an interesting concept.
    :p

just protect valuable cargo assets nobody would want to attack their bases.
    The thing is, they would be completely useless. The faction protecting it CANNOT use the assets being protected, AT ALL. And not only that, if another faction attacks the protected asset, even it it's just a BB gun, then the FP spent on the protection goes to the attacker, preventing eternal protection from attackers.

Yes. "and must also destroy any significant military forces or armed stations within the sector before gaining control". Yes.
    Alright, will add that in.

New player protection?!..........
    Addictive city builder style alert.
    Oh for fucks sake. Seriously? That is the MOST pathetic reason against it. "Addictive city builder style alert" fuck off. If this was to become that, then it would CLEARLY become it. This new player protection, is because of how vulnerable and easy to completely obliterate they will be when they begin (And because last time I mentioned HB vulnerability, everyone lost their shit because apparently they were "worried" about new players and retention. I have this here so that they either say the real reason (that it'd be harder for them to win) or don't complain at all. :p).

New faction can build 1 base (homebase) + 1 base (protected asset) and sit like that eternally. No?
    Pretty much the reason it has to be 50%. :p

Bogdan, less replies thx
    And more Ryukos
    No, go away! Don't talk about your butt buddy in a suggestion thread. Unless you have anything to add to the discussion, GTFO. This is spam, and it's annoying.

ZektorSK

Poor boi from northern Hungary ^^
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    No, go away! Don't talk about your butt buddy in a suggestion thread. Unless you have anything to add to the discussion, GTFO. This is spam, and it's annoying.
    This idea was already suggested, only this is a different version of it... I don't see any spam around here, max. big replies full of quotes

Blaza612

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This idea was already suggested, only this is a different version of it
    some that are not currently planned probably (yet)
    Ahem

Link plox?

I don't see any spam around here
    When you go into a thread and talk about something COMPLETELY unrelated out of the blue, that's spam. It's called spam because there's no other word for an annoying irrelevant comment that disrupts the discussion, and spam's close enough. :p

max? I'm assuming it's an acronym, but I can't think of any. AT ALL. So, I wonder what else Max tends to be? Hmmmmmmm? :p

big replies full of quotes
    Yeaaaaaaaaah? I don't see a point here? Just explain what ye meant by max, and be on your way.

Bogdan

Grand Master of OOB
    Reaction score
    The thing is, they would be completely useless. The faction protecting it CANNOT use the assets being protected, AT ALL. And not only that, if another faction attacks the protected asset, even it it's just a BB gun, then the FP spent on the protection goes to the attacker, preventing eternal protection from attackers.
    I don't approve of this personally. I don't think faction points should be instantly given to anyone in any scenario. Faction points should be something accumulated over time. Once you have the assets, you gain the income. Should be long term rather than short term.
    1) No protection of assets
    2) No faction points for attacking
    Those are only 2 queries of mine at this point about faction points economy.