ElwynEternity Starmade server

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    server has been down for 12 hours anyone have a way of contacting an admin of EE so they can reboot it

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I know the underlying reason gravy decided to hand it over, but I do not know why it was shutdown so quickly. We thought it was going to be another while before it happened, we lost WIPs aswell.

Reaction score
    This is very Annoying, I built a large base inside of a planet and now it will be entirely gone due to this new server, and its sad because in the Description of this server it says "We are the oldest server above rank 20 on the server list!" It makes me sad that they are getting rid of an old server that is still really good. Yes there could be problems with Elwyn but it is still an amazing Server. Now if this new server NuclearDoughnuts is good, I will play it but if it has an bad community and people (People who cuss alot and say sexual things) , im not going to play it much, I'd rather play another Top 20 list than a server that is being givin away to a bad community. So this is just a thing I wanted to say, Please dont hate me!
    (I just made an account so I can talk but I have played Starmade a long time)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is very Annoying, I built a large base inside of a planet and now it will be entirely gone due to this new server, and its sad because in the Description of this server it says "We are the oldest server above rank 20 on the server list!" It makes me sad that they are getting rid of an old server that is still really good. Yes there could be problems with Elwyn but it is still an amazing Server. Now if this new server NuclearDoughnuts is good, I will play it but if it has an bad community and people (People who cuss alot and say sexual things) , im not going to play it much, I'd rather play another Top 20 list than a server that is being givin away to a bad community. So this is just a thing I wanted to say, Please dont hate me!
    (I just made an account so I can talk but I have played Starmade a long time)
    you obviosly havent seen chat on EE....
    pretty weird shit there at times

Reaction score
    you obviosly havent seen chat on EE....
    pretty weird shit there at times
    I have but im talking about cussing ALL the time and saying sexual things over and over and over again. And cussing all the time means like saying "Fuck You!" To someone multiple times and saying "Fuck this server" or stuff like that. If they say things like if they die from a pirate once! Im fine with that but I dont want to be on a server with a community that cusses most of the time and says alot of sexual things or "YOUR GAY" and stuff like that.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have but im talking about cussing ALL the time and saying sexual things over and over and over again. And cussing all the time means like saying "Fuck You!" To someone multiple times and saying "Fuck this server" or stuff like that. If they say things like if they die from a pirate once! Im fine with that but I dont want to be on a server with a community that cusses most of the time and says alot of sexual things or "YOUR GAY" and stuff like that.
    That's up to the admins to create the environment to control it and the community to enforce it.

Reaction score
    I'm not prone to infantile displays of temper, yet I am forced to say this:

This course of action, and the way it has been implemented, is completely irresponsible. They take money and haven't the decency to project as little as a 24 hours warning? No way to DL our blueprints? Simply radio silence?

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. There was no need for this outcome. It is a result of laziness, entitlement, and an elevated sense of self worth and/or interest which overcomes all sense of responsibility to the other. Not the slightest inkling of moral integrity, eh? Disgusting.

Yours truly,

Dvaren
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440033076,1440032866][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Elwyn is gone. Nuclear Doughnut is taking control of it and restarting it all.
    Thank you for the warning long after the event has taken place.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440033235][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I know the underlying reason gravy decided to hand it over, but I do not know why it was shutdown so quickly. We thought it was going to be another while before it happened, we lost WIPs aswell.
    Because he is an irresponsible azzhole. You are welcome to provide an explanation that exempts him and his brethren from that judgement.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    This happened without warning for all of the admins, gravy gave no warning. Trust me, I know. I'm just here for damage control and my inability to not stop using this sodding site. We lost several months of work on one of our WIPs aswell. I understand the rage. On the note of the going down, the admins found out at the same time as you, when it died and gravy decided to inform us afterwards. We couldn't warn anyone.

On the note of the funds, they will be sent to the new server, they are for EE, not us. I can't say anything more about what will happen to existing donors because thats down to doughnut.

Reaction score
    This happened without warning for all of the admins, gravy gave no warning. Trust me, I know. I'm just here for damage control and my inability to not stop using this sodding site. We lost several months of work on one of our WIPs as well. I understand the rage. On the note of the going down, the admins found out at the same time as you, when it died and gravy decided to inform us afterwards. We couldn't warn anyone.

On the note of the funds, they will be sent to the new server, they are for EE, not us. I can't say anything more about what will happen to existing donors because that's down to doughnut.
    My apologies if my comment found a target with no knowledge or responsibility pertaining to this event. I care little for the money. I simply care about people keeping their word and exhibiting the minimal amount of responsibility for their actions. I should probably expect less from any of my fellow citizens, at least in this day and age, in the U.S.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Elewyn admins not taking responsibility? Nothing surprising there lol.
    The server was never very good when it came to administration quality anyway.

I'm just here for damage control
    You're 100% correct about that, lol.

What I find interesting is how this whole server shutdown and ownership change happened at the same time that Elewyn's networking was used to launch DDoS attacks against other competing StarMade servers. I wonder if there is a connection there somehow. Lmao.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Elewyn admins not taking responsibility? Nothing surprising there lol.
    The server was never very good when it came to administration quality anyway.

What I find interesting is how this whole server shutdown and ownership change happened at the same time that Elewyn's networking was used to launch DDoS attacks against other competing StarMade servers. I wonder if there is a connection there somehow. Lmao.
    *accused of launching a ddos attack without providing evidence or even talking to us about it. You found out about this first before evne we did

This is unrelated, and we are trying to talk to schine about this.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    *accused of launching a ddos attack without providing evidence or even talking to us about it. You found out about this first before evne we did

I'm gonna go ahead and take Rimmer's side on this.

I know for a fact that some extremely shady characters with good tech skills are hanging around the community. If there's any sort of remote server access at all, then yeah, it's at risk.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2

afaik there is evidence out there that the attack came from Elewyn.

Even if there are 1337 MLG fazeclan hackers out there in the community, the prospect of such people being able to hijack all of Elewyn seems extremely unlikely to me and is definitely unprecedented.

I find it considerably hard to believe that this server shutdown/management change happening at the exact same time the server was used to DDoS other StarMade servers is merely a coincidence.