ElwynEternity Starmade server

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    i was under the impression gravy was running the server on his own rig out of his basement
    No, it was a $200 a month server hosted in a proper datacenter with proper DDoS protection

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    You act as if the things on my server are just ships. No, many of them are works of art. I'd liken this to book burning that the Nazis held before WWII. If I went and just deleted everything I would be destroying art. I might as well go full-Nazi and try to conquer Poland and the France.
    gravypod, 03-22-2015, https://forums.elwyneternity.com/thread-10-post-28.html#pid28

Seems like he burned a lot of our books... Meh...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    No that is not the case, I have everything backed up on my home nas. If you want, I can send you my ~500gb of starmade backups.
    i would say i want that.... but thats fucken huge... and well... thats my entire HDD almost

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    No that is not the case, I have everything backed up on my home nas. If you want, I can send you my ~500gb of starmade backups.
    At least it would be a good move to give EE players their blueprints back. No one saved them as local because the server went down so suddenly while people were playing.
    So, yes, please send me my backed up blueprints or better: please find a way to give every EE player access to their blueprints.

EDIT: Never meant giving all blueprints to everyone, only give players a chance to get the blueprints they rightfully own.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Gravy, I have about 80GB unused RAM, 2TB unused SSD space, and 8TB unused HDD space on our GenXnova server box which I physically own.

I will gladly take a copy of said backups and host the most recent version of the EE server in order to allow the StarMade community and playerbase to access their files and blueprints. We're completely about the community and anything StarMade related, so this is an open offer, no cost.

Send me a PM or email me [email protected] .

Any questions or concerns just let me know.

EDIT:
    I am not suggesting to host all blueprints for everyone to download all blueprints. If wanted, I will host a copy of the server which people can log into their accounts to download their own blueprints they rightfully own.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Bonusinches

therimmer96

Reaction score
    At least it would be a good move to give EE players their blueprints back. No one saved them as local because the server went down so suddenly while people were playing.
    So, yes, please send me my backed up blueprints or better: please find a way to give every EE player access to their blueprints.
    We can't just release all the BP's at once, factions and others with none-public BP's would be pissed.

I am downloading the backup now, let me know the name of BP's you want and I will PM them you

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    We can't just release all the BP's at once, factions and others with none-public BP's would be pissed.

I am downloading the backup now, let me know the name of BP's you want and I will PM them you
    how am i suposed to remmeber what bps i made?

therimmer96

Reaction score
    how am i suposed to remmeber what bps i made?
    I remember all my important ones, and I've already received PM's regarding this, so it's just you with that issue it would seem.

We can not release all the blueprints. That's not going to change.

Reaction score
    Am I the only one, who have saved all the work?..
    RIP the King... And long live the King! Looking forward for the new avatar of EE to arise from ashes.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I am still working on the new EE box. After I get the SM infrastructure done I will be in much better shape to get the business end of running the server and stress testing the new box. I also need to find a relatively cheap/reliable Colocation facility for this box...

The new box won't be AS powerful as the old one but it will be much more $$$ efficent to maintain. There is also the possiblity of getting more HD space and RAM if the community provides enough donations. Right now we have about 375 GB of usable space and 48 GB of availible Ram in the box. With about 800$ we can upgrade to 4 SSDs that'll get us 1.5 TB

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I would gladly take all the backups too place on my hard drive (I've got 3 terabytes)

I'm looking to get my home base back

Phoenix7991 of Phoenix-Tech

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I would gladly take all the backups too place on my hard drive (I've got 3 terabytes)

I'm looking to get my home base back

Phoenix7991 of Phoenix-Tech
    Since that post was made, we have decided that sending entire backups to individuals would be a terrible idea. if you can tell me the name of the BP, I can send it too you.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Rimmer in a few weeks I'll be able to take a copy of the backup to help distribute the BPs. Need to get my new Raid 5 Array formatted

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Rimmer in a few weeks I'll be able to take a copy of the backup to help distribute the BPs. Need to get my new Raid 5 Array formatted
    I already have a copy of all the BP's. would just need gravy to send the universe if needed.

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    There will be 1 limit... Does it break the server? No? Ok.

Now granted there will be some exceptions to this rule IE poorly made laggy ships that disrupt gameplay for others OR large ships at spawn...

But in general there will be no limits on build sizes

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    There will be 1 limit... Does it break the server? No? Ok.

Now granted there will be some exceptions to this rule IE poorly made laggy ships that disrupt gameplay for others OR large ships at spawn...

But in general there will be no limits on build sizes
    donators from old EE keep their perks?

Nuclear Doughnut

A Radioactive Pastry
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    As of current. No. Old Perks will be gone as the whole Perk system is being reworked into something that is more fair and less susceptible to abuse.

Reactions: CyberTao