ElwynEternity Starmade server

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Read up on your server, seems like a good place. I have client that wants to hire me on a job there. Just a few questions.

1. Are you still taking donations/giving rewards
    2. Does everyone fly a titan like in some other servers (not mentioning names) or are smaller (10-100k) viable. Whats the average?
    Depends what you want to do. I fly a 1k mass ship, and am upgrading to a 3k mass ship soon! :D

They are still taking donations, I think it was something about saving for some new hardware. I disagree with the TP system, should be something like "cannot TP into faction territory" or something to somewhat limit it, basically allows you to make big ships and not spend blocks on engines or jumpdrives (although I know your not allowed to tp into and out of combat).

It really depends on what you want to do, big people with titans don't really pick on the little guys, but love fighting each-others bases when they are offline. I'm sure if you said something like "50k mass ship duels" or something and advertised it people would join. Seems like a laid back server sometimes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Depends what you want to do. I fly a 1k mass ship, and am upgrading to a 3k mass ship soon! :D

They are still taking donations, I think it was something about saving for some new hardware. I disagree with the TP system, should be something like "cannot TP into faction territory" or something to somewhat limit it, basically allows you to make big ships and not spend blocks on engines or jumpdrives (although I know your not allowed to tp into and out of combat).

It really depends on what you want to do, big people with titans don't really pick on the little guys, but love fighting each-others bases when they are offline. I'm sure if you said something like "50k mass ship duels" or something and advertised it people would join. Seems like a laid back server sometimes.
    There are some limiting factors on the TP system but I cannot really implement these other handicaps. I am very limited in what I can manipulate in starmade. There is currently a warmup and cooldown time, and that is the best I can do for now. Handicapping for the mass of the ship would be ideal, but I'd have to talk balance with Deadlis

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen

Jango here....
    if a cannot tp into faction territory was implemented then i guess tp is of no use then... because 99% of the main galaxy is faction territory...
    o and btw... even tho i dont need jumpdrives i still use em *theyre faster than tp at some times... and it works great after i tp to spawn from my secret outpost....* dreadfull cooldown puts a big nuff limit on what i can do....
    ive had to wait 4 hours to get a tp from my nice far outpost... and your saying tp is too overpowered? sorry no. not at all lol
    and you need engines on a ship even with tp.. *manuvering thrusters*

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Jango here....
    if a cannot tp into faction territory was implemented then i guess tp is of no use then... because 99% of the main galaxy is faction territory...
    o and btw... even tho i dont need jumpdrives i still use em *theyre faster than tp at some times... and it works great after i tp to spawn from my secret outpost....* dreadfull cooldown puts a big nuff limit on what i can do....
    ive had to wait 4 hours to get a tp from my nice far outpost... and your saying tp is too overpowered? sorry no. not at all lol
    and you need engines on a ship even with tp.. *manuvering thrusters*
    Sorry Jango, I wasn't attacking you or the TP system. I was just unnerved the first time someone TP'ed into my system (which is in another galaxy, down and to the right, a 30-45 minute jumpdrive trip). I don't personally have TP experience either, it was just a thought that I had, which can't be implemented anyways.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Sorry Jango, I wasn't attacking you or the TP system. I was just unnerved the first time someone TP'ed into my system (which is in another galaxy, down and to the right, a 30-45 minute jumpdrive trip). I don't personally have TP experience either, it was just a thought that I had, which can't be implemented anyways.
    I know gravy is trying to get the wrapper to hook into the game to get some more detailed info about things, hopefully as the modding api grows, we will be able to have tighter regulations on things like this, but unfortunately at this time, the income the to system generates is a major contributor to keeping the server online.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    I would donate, the server and the guys seem to be pretty cool, but it's just that I need more money first. Being a college student isn't the wealthiest occupation :P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    Hey, this server's still going? I just started getting back into Starmade after finding out that it's on Steam and watching KirinDave's first 7 episodes on YouTube, and been looking for a community to join, but if the good old ElwynEternity's still up and running, then I might just fall back into it instead of going hunting for a new one. Any room for a returning player from waaaay back before Elwyn was even a properly established community, back in the 'transition between PalmerGames and BlueBoxGaming' days?

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Dammit rimmer, I could have rode that boat into hell! I didn't put a date there because I am 3 lazy.

Everyone, therimmer96 is the reason I have to think of a new special package!
    I didnt say you had to remove it :P

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Any idea why I'm unable to connect since the last update? It hangs on 'Requesting Synchronize' and doesn't log in. Any other server and SP works fine so it must be something to do with this particular server.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen
    Any idea why I'm unable to connect since the last update? It hangs on 'Requesting Synchronize' and doesn't log in. Any other server and SP works fine so it must be something to do with this particular server.
    reinstall SM
    Copy out your bp folder first tho

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    Is the server looking for new people? Because I've formed a faction (the Omega Star Consortium), but I'm not only the president, I'm the sole worker, and I'm looking for some people to join, but it seems like most/everyone on the server already has a faction, so if there's room for more, I hoped I might invite some people who have been getting interested in the multiplayer by watching KirinDave's videos, and possibly some people from the StarMade subreddit, and invite them to join my faction (while of course pointing out that other factions are available).