Dovan News Network [DNN]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It really is just looking for an excuse to start something.

Boredom is the common enemy.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Blood Stained Laws?

Recently an apparent representative of the faction Event Horizon posted the following message on the faction page of "The Blood Stained Empire"

The only instance of this law being made that DNN could find was on page 3 of the Helkan Imperium thread, in the form of a proposition to ratify the law between both Helkan Imperium and Event Horizon. Quite interestingly though is that the representative of Event Horizon has decided that this law applies to a very confirmed enemy of Helkan, the Blood Stained Empire says they are literally : "A faction seeking to combine smaller factions into a galactic coalition against the Helkan Imperium to challenge their rule in the galaxy"

Also quite interesting is that there is mention in the above said notice that hostilities commenced because of this theorized attack and it even states that the Blood Stained Empire would lose an advantage on Helkan and that another faction is thought to have committed such attack. In other words, Blood Stained Empire was attacked because of a hunch that they blew up a warp gate, violating a hard to find treaty that they never signed.

These are dark times indeed, fellow people
    Law in starmade? wut

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    We are giving them a chance to avoid extra annihilation.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Maybe this thread should have the NP thingy (I just learned about it...sorta).
    if you are going to do this type of thing and hide under a NP tag you can make sure no news is posted about Dread Syndicate.

if you're talking about anything political you should deal with the shit.

Even if its slightly debatable it should be just that DEBATABLE!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I thought the " No Politics" thing meant no flame about politics.

Do as the Glorious of Gloriest Miraak demands, and be Care Bears.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    What the heck happened I was gone for 1 day

Recently I took a small 1 day vacation and this happened

Tldr; Odium, an alliance between some of the most aggressive and strongest factions, was suddenly condensed into one faction by Ridik_Ulass to "help" community

Ridik_Ulass has stated that "The faction and its leadership will be entirely restructured to accommodate our new direction. Not as a militaristic force, adept at both direct military action, and espionage, But as something else, more contributory to the community, sharing what we know about the game, as teachers, builders and mentors. To these ends, I am instating a moratorium on all hostile actions." . Later stating though that they would still skirmish and be pirates basically because once a pirate always a pirate.

and then NFD did this:
    In light of recent events, the NFD is pleased to announce that we are transitioning towards a more community-oriented stance. A vote was taken among the members and a majority was reached in just under an hour, that the NFD will focus more on helping others learn to play the game, holding design classes, as well as occasional build or PvP tournaments on our server. We see Ridik's example, and while we did at first believe it a farce, we have elected along with the other NO factions that his course of action is a good one and it is in our best interests to do likewise.

This feud has lasted for nearly three years, involved hundreds of people, and caused more drama than anything else on the Starmade forums to date.

I am pleased to say it is over.

The main movement inside NFD to end this petty fighting started a few weeks ago, after we had been dealing with the leader of a small faction who said he was around when the war started three years ago. We found out that he was 12, and when we did the math we found out that he would have been 9 when the war started. We thought about it some more, and it occurred to us that we had come to the point where we were a third of the way until an entire generation of faction leaders had grown up and gotten involved after the war had already started.

That was unacceptable.

With Ridik reorganizing Odium into something beneficial for the community, we saw our chance to finally return to doing what we've always wanted to do since October of 2012; Just play the game. This is a time for celebration as well as a time for remembrance, as we look back to the mess of this all and forward to rebuilding what was once a fantastic factions community.
    Tldr; NFD want to help community without being pirates

Now as I am all guessing you came here for is my opinion, so here it is: Instead of them competing to be most strong, they are competing to be most helpful, which is confusing Miraak and the "i was gone for one day" thing constantly happening to him every time should be made into a factionball

In other news: DNN will be working on a historical documentary of Starmade

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Dovan can into Science

Today is a wonderful day people of Starmade, for the fabulous Emperor Miraak has once again raised his mighty hammer of shipbuilding and summoned another masterpiece into existence. This time however, he has chosen for it to take the form of technologies that are really cool and useful but has no real idea what hes doing with them.

Hopefully it doesn't have the ability to phase out of existence, as that would be inconvenient for docking.

In other news, the previous model of this ship phased out of existence and is now a suspect in 12 robberies of doughnut stores on a planet that doesn't exist.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Dovan can into Science

Today is a wonderful day people of Starmade, for the fabulous Emperor Miraak has once again raised his mighty hammer of shipbuilding and summoned another masterpiece into existence. This time however, he has chosen for it to take the form of technologies that are really cool and useful but has no real idea what hes doing with them.

Hopefully it doesn't have the ability to phase out of existence, as that would be inconvenient for docking.

In other news, the previous model of this ship phased out of existence and is now a suspect in 12 robberies of doughnut stores on a planet that doesn't exist.

That one turret under the ship tho...

...you sure it's stable?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I shall soon start making an animated version of DNN! It will have voice acting done by me and will report on important things in the universe. More details coming soon!

Now then....
    ANOUNCEMENTS!
    Big changes are coming to our ranking system. During feast week, I shall work on a system that orgainizes our players by rank and when they achive a new rank, they "unlock" new privilages and ships. They will have to pay for the ship in credits so that we may get resources. They can also choose a career in the faction (once they are a certain rank) and get paid for performing their duties.

This new system is so that we can be more organized and encourage more players to join.

In other news, I have decided to hold an art contest! If you have a design or drawimg that you think would make a good ship, email it to me at [email protected] . The top 5 winners will be awarded like this:

1st-30 million
    2nd-15 million
    3rd-5 million

You may submit more than one drawing however you can only be awarded once. The drawings can be handmade or on a computer. You have till november 30th to submit. The first place winner will have their ship built as part of the dovan fleet and will get to name it. Good luck!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    There was no actual art contest. I was just trying to see if any gave a shit about us anymore.