Dovan News Network [DNN]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    not really a news announcement, but i wanted to show the ship so far

looks pretty nice i think so far, and it moves too!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    not really a news announcement, but i wanted to show the ship so far

looks pretty nice i think so far, and it moves too!
    Don't use a news network to post images of your ship, I was hoping something interesting happened while I wasn't looking..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    DNN Special Report: Web of Lies, Thryn Edition

Recently, there was a skirmish on genx which appears to have significant misinformation surrounding it. DNN would like to present a special report by TheDerpGamer on the situation.
    (Written by TheDerpGamer)

Recently, there was an incident between OAS, Odium, and Thyrn. Before we get into this, here’s some backstory.

We were going to have a battle with Odium on the 27th. It was canceled due to server lag. It was assumed that another faction was at fault, as they had gotten a ship stuck inside a planet. The lagg continued for several days, and GenX almost had a universe reset. However, it was discovered that a faction named “Turkish Bards” were to blame. They had been ramming planets with ships (they later claimed this in TS3). Then, one of them got in TS3 and admitted that they were Thyrn. Here’s a quote from Zackey.

“Then the leader openly dickwaving with me

and saying that he was coming to party crash and kill both sides

the fact that he was saying that they where gathering a large fleet

so they could handle each of us.

so that they could party crash

and kill us both”

But enough of that, lets move on to this load of bullshit:

“Little backstory - We were planning on gate-crashing a party on the 27th and wiping out two fleets in one go.”

Yeah, we knew.

“It didn't happen, unfortunately.”

This is because you were ramming planets with ships.

“To maintain the element of surprise, I and the rest of Thryn used an alt faction to gather resources.”

We knew it was you. Zackey says he could tell because your voice sounded exactly like a certain Thyrn member.

“I later admitted to this on Teamspeak, and OAS decided that we had tried to lag the server out by crashing ships into planets despite an absolute lack of evidence.”

You know what you also admitted on TS3? That you were lagging the server on purpose.

“They took offense at this and decided to try to camp our temporary homebase.”

It wasn’t so much the intentionally lagging the server as it was the planning to attack us during a fleet battle.

“Jumped in on top of him, forgot to start recording until a few seconds into the fight. Had my paint very lightly scratched,...”

The video Lord took proves otherwise.

“...and he ran like all hell was breaking loose the instant he realized he wouldn't be able to survive. Another, smaller ship was floating around, but I hadn't noticed it and stopped recording preemptively.”

Actually, his jump drive and lock ons were right next to each other, and he hit the jump drive instead of the lock ons. Once he realized this, he immediately jumped back in as seen in the video lord took. You did not stop recording because you thought he ran, you kept recording and then edited out the part where you got your ass kicked.

“I would have given chase, but my inhibitor system is impossible to turn off, on account of my erroneous belief that people picking a fight would actually fight.”

If your inhibitor system was on, how did Lord jump out? I call bullshit.

“He later returned with reinforcements, because that's the only reasonable course of action when you're certain your ship is going to be ripped in half if you go in alone. At this point, given the sheer enormity of their jumpdrives (which could probably keep a small planet permajumping), I didn't really feel like repeating the process of wiping out their shields and watching them run away, so I left on sublight engines.”

Again, look at the video and tell me who was the one who actually got rekt.

“Of course, I accidentally flew too close to a star after retreating (seriously, when did white stars get their damage radius buffed?), which ended up undocking pretty much everything from my ship and blasting it in half, so the thing had to be scrapped.”

Not only is that bullshit lie, but you even say you were “retreating”. People only retreat when they meet an enemy they cannot beat.

This has got to be the biggest lie I’ve ever heard. You claimed you beat OAS ships when you got rekt. Both videos prove it. And that’s pretty ballsy of you considering that Zackey_TNT renamed your homebase to “Turkish Brownie Bars” (as seen in the screenshot below) after you got your ass kicked. We actually spent a couple hours looking for you in your system, trying to see if we could get you to fight. As for me? I was at school, so obviously I couldn’t attend the battle.

So basically, here’s DNN findings: Azereiah’s statements are incorrect.

Battle stats:

NeoMillennium: 100k Mass Akuma (took sun damage)

Infinite Legion: 202k Mass Abaddon

vs

Trinova: 122k Mass Hitsatsa (destroyed)

Thryn Monarchy: 210k Mass Magnolia (destroyed)

Miraak got on a bit later, after all the action had died down, so I’m not including him.

Well that’s all for now, so this is TheDerpGamer, signing off.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

Recently, there was a skirmish on genx which appears to have significant misinformation surrounding it. DNN would like to present a special report by TheDerpGamer on the situation.

Recently, there was an incident between OAS, Odium, and Thyrn. Before we get into this, here’s some backstory.

We were going to have a battle with Odium on the 27th. It was canceled due to server lag. It was assumed that another faction was at fault, as they had gotten a ship stuck inside a planet. The lagg continued for several days, and GenX almost had a universe reset. However, it was discovered that a faction named “Turkish Bards” were to blame. They had been ramming planets with ships (they later claimed this in TS3). Then, one of them got in TS3 and admitted that they were Thyrn. Here’s a quote from Zackey.

and kill us both”

“Little backstory - We were planning on gate-crashing a party on the 27th and wiping out two fleets in one go.”

Yeah, we knew.

“To maintain the element of surprise, I and the rest of Thryn used an alt faction to gather resources.”

We knew it was you. Zackey says he could tell because your voice sounded exactly like a certain Thyrn member.

“I later admitted to this on Teamspeak, and OAS decided that we had tried to lag the server out by crashing ships into planets despite an absolute lack of evidence.”

You know what you also admitted on TS3? That you were lagging the server on purpose.

It wasn’t so much the intentionally lagging the server as it was the planning to attack us during a fleet battle.

“Jumped in on top of him, forgot to start recording until a few seconds into the fight. Had my paint very lightly scratched,...”

“...and he ran like all hell was breaking loose the instant he realized he wouldn't be able to survive. Another, smaller ship was floating around, but I hadn't noticed it and stopped recording preemptively.”

Actually, his jump drive and lock ons were right next to each other, and he hit the jump drive instead of the lock ons. Once he realized this, he immediately jumped back in as seen in the video lord took. You did not stop recording because you thought he ran, you kept recording and then edited out the part where you got your ass kicked.

“I would have given chase, but my inhibitor system is impossible to turn off, on account of my erroneous belief that people picking a fight would actually fight.”

“He later returned with reinforcements, because that's the only reasonable course of action when you're certain your ship is going to be ripped in half if you go in alone. At this point, given the sheer enormity of their jumpdrives (which could probably keep a small planet permajumping), I didn't really feel like repeating the process of wiping out their shields and watching them run away, so I left on sublight engines.”

“Of course, I accidentally flew too close to a star after retreating (seriously, when did white stars get their damage radius buffed?), which ended up undocking pretty much everything from my ship and blasting it in half, so the thing had to be scrapped.”

Not only is that bullshit lie, but you even say you were “retreating”. People only retreat when they meet an enemy they cannot beat.

This has got to be the biggest lie I’ve ever heard. You claimed you beat OAS ships when you got rekt. Both videos prove it. And that’s pretty ballsy of you considering that Zackey_TNT renamed your homebase to “Turkish Brownie Bars” (as seen in the screenshot below) after you got your ass kicked. We actually spent a couple hours looking for you in your system, trying to see if we could get you to fight. As for me? I was at school, so obviously I couldn’t attend the battle.

Battle stats:

vs

Miraak got on a bit later, after all the action had died down, so I’m not including him.

He just said that Legion ships have absurd jumpdrives.... DUH

Also the Magnolia is an armor tank meanwhile Lord almost lost his shields and his ship was probably not an armor tank.

Reaction score
    i was watching the video of the other side and noticed something perculiar

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I've never been in a situation where I had an inhibitor and passive effects running at the same time but passive effects usually shoot every other notification in the bloody world off the screen.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Gonzalo The inhibiting ship doesn't have the message broadcasted to it. Feel free to test this in SP.

TheDerpGamer if you hadn't noticed, no Trinova ships have been spawned on GenX. We were planning to spawn them in on the 27th, but the lag kind of prevented us from doing it. Along with that, there are...some errors... in the post, likely stemming from who you got the information from.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1457134541,1457134238][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I'd like to clarify something. It is impossible to 'misclick' your jumpdrive when inhibited. The only way to jump out when being inhibited is to purposefully charge your drives with left click, then right click to execute the jump. You'd likely be holding down both keys simultaneously as well.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    <image SNIP>
    It only displays when you've got jumpdrive charge. It displayed for a second before I remembered to start recording. Sidonus can confirm that he was inhibited, but it was miniscule - I assume that it was impacted by server lag in some way I haven't been able to test for during the design process.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive

and kill us both”

Yeah, we knew.

Battle stats:

vs

I appreciate your efforts but I feel like they are misdirected.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Before anything spreads on here, flames should be taken elsewhere. This is a news network, not a bonfire.

Otherwise, I'm happy that someone can report on factions instead of me trying to find out what's been happening >.>

Reactions: Miraak
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Do note that the two are not necessarily mutually inclusive.
    Well Tarkin isn't here to do the news anymore but at least I'm filled in on the action (*cough* drama) that's happening. Now I can grab my popcorn and lawn chair and see where this takes off.