Dovan News Network [DNN]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The Glorious and mostly unbiased Statements of Supreme Leader Miraak Concerning the Scimitar(part 2) and Imperix Refit
    The Scimitar is a complete success! even though it is not finished, its "Cloak Via Lag" is so successful, that it is not possible to take a screenshot. The power system is done, and should be able to power the Superlaser and shotgun array, possibly the energy drain shotgun array and missile blanket. currently, most progress has been halted due to the Scimitar throwing a fit over the optimization update not being released yet.

The Imperix Refit however, is coming along nicely. Currently, the power system has doubled in efficiency, cannon array does more damage, moves faster, and costs significantly less. It is expected to be done soon, and be better than the last version

Reactions: marcus87 and MrFURB

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Lag Cloak? Interesting though extremely uneconomical

Reaction score
    Sounds foolish what happens when the enemy sees this lag bomb and destroys it Then your other ships are either dead trying to log back in or flee sue to massive lag spikes while the enemy salvages what's left gets rich and crushes your faction like a insignificant little bug

Or it crashes the pilots game before battle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    you can't fly anything near it without gigantic lag. just loading causes massive lag. anything big enough to make a noticeable drop in shields will die of lag. this is why we need update

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hm. Sounds a lot like our battleships. Care to give us the current mass?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    the ship, when building it with the lag, feels like it is infinite

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    That looks familiar. I can't quite pin it :P

Nice ISD Design

Reaction score
    Held tech brigadier is what I thought of (mainly due to color scheme)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Dovan Empire has Developed Ground Weaponry

The Dovan Empire has recently developed a new ground
    vehicle- a Tank. currently, no stats have been released yet, other than its name; Kriid I Tank, and a picture

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Calderon And Tartaran at war

The Tartaran Empire has recently declared war on the Calderon Republic(<--do they have votes? meh, ill ask and add the results into the next article). After what could be taken as an insult to the TE's capabilities by TwoNiner, leader of the CR (for all intents and purposes atm) by basically saying there defenses were inadequate. Then Incap responded (leader of the TE), responded with an expected negative response. other TE members responded negatively too, with some actually stating that the station was unfinished (which, if you saw the picture, you know to be very true). TwoNiner then stated with multiple posts that everyone made him this way, and gloated at capturing outdated ships. To sum the rest up for the sake of time, Twoniner said he didn't buy them and didn't steal them but somehow had them (confusing, I know). going waaay back to the possible start of the Flame Wars, it could have been caused by a TE member negatively questioning the CR's activity on their recruiting page (actually, more like stating that they are inactive).

(To everyone who wonders why DNN has been gone for a while: there wasn't anything worth reporting about)
    Warning: These are the ramblings of a forum hermit, some of these truths in here may hurt, but thats because its da truth

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Breaking news! The (Glorious) Dovan empire was recently attacked by a ship called the HMS Bone. We are also now enemies with the Goauld. Im not sure if the two are related as there is no notification on the faction board and the ship did not belong to a faction. What may have happened (and this is pure guessing) is that we were attacked by someone who was trying to attack our faction using a ship that did not have a faction block activated so that no one would know which faction attacked. Once they failed, they might have gotten angry and declared war on us. I am still looking into this. None of my speculation has been confirmed. Heres a screenshot:

As you can see, it did not go well for them. Our combo cannon defense system is too good.[DOUBLEPOST=1414963634,1414963590][/DOUBLEPOST]I don't know why it has a white background. Probably star made glitch.

Reactions: CyberTao