Dovan News Network [DNN]

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Dovan News Network

The Description
    The Dovan New Network (DNN) is here to provide the best biased (unbiased) news
    in starmade, and possibly in faction ball form. DNN takes pride in its clever name and
    fancy, accurate, writing to the best biased (unbiased) news.

Why trust our news?
    The Dovan Empire (separate entity) has not been involved/directly involved in the amount of wars other factions have been involved in, DE holds a neutral stance in the universe, not favoring any not-Dovan Empire faction over the other, and McMiraak's.

Is this going to be a serious News Network?
    for the most part, yes. but there will of course be some non-biased humor, because otherwise everyone would lose interest (including the News Peoples [that is an actual position in DNN])

We also appreciate news contributions (which will be screened for inaccuracy and credit given to the Contributor [that's an honorary title]) which will be added (if they pass the screening)

And here are some answers to questions that will most likely be asked
    Isn't there already a news thing?- Yes, but it has been disputed as biased and is confirmed to be non-Dovan
    Isn't this going to be biased?- as long as it is not about the Glory of the Dovan Empire!

Is this going to be filled with humor?- Not completely, only 35-40%, which will consist of non-news articles (such as this) and the FactionBall versions of news (if/when they are made)

The First News #1
    DFN Declares Victory?
    FlyingDebris attempts to claim victory over Vaygr, Tartarans, Event Horizion, and Euro-Corp which are all still existing.
    Hello all,

I am proud to announce a victory over the Odium Pact, on the part of us Athanatos factions.

Event Horizon is in shambles, Vaygr is combat ineffective, and dropping members like flies, the Tartaran Empire left the pact after losing a great deal of members due to the decision, and Euro-Corp has failed to harm us at all.

Long live the DFN, Long live Athanatos!
    Though these statements are
    partially correct, there are quite a few flaws.
    Lazarus was the main target for the factions of the Odium Pact, not DFN, and from all appearances there were no direct attacks on them.
    the DFN's claim to the reason for Tartaran's loss of members is not supported by evidence, and is counteracted by the fact that the TE removes inactive members regularly.
    The Vaygr and Event Horizon were never defeated by the DFN, but were instead handicapped by the update, which cause technical problems that prevented them from launching attacks.
    And as for the Euro-Corp, well... noone will ever exactly know except for Euro Corp and those Euro Corp feels like telling
    DNN Official Findings: this claim is incorrect.
    Source(s): Anonymous(Avaliable via PM)
    NGE Declares Victory over RA???
    the NGE has declared victory over the RA Apparently
    THE DAY IS OURS...THE NGE HAVE FORCED AN UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER OF THE RA
    which was followed by this out-of-context quote
    Link here
    full war here:
    1. Dear Rebel Alliance Members & Star-Made Members. Idiotplaygames threatened to make us look bad by posting the following comments below. I tried to respond without getting to angry but sadly, he was being far to rude and indecent when ObiShawn and our faction had done nothing wrong. He went back on his word and I am sad to see him do so. It is wrong that he did this and "claimed" victory when we were never at war. So here are the facts: WE WERE NEVER AT WAR, WE NEVER SURRENDERED, AND THE NEW GALACTIC EMPIRE NEEDS TO STOP BOTHERING THE REBEL ALLIANCE FOREVER!
    2. SINCERELY, THE REBEL ALLIANCE ADMINISTRATION
    3. The NGE is going to be put on the map. You will be our first victim. Prepare to be annihilated.
      idiotplaysgames, Yesterday at 11:23 AMReport

4. idiotplaysgamesMember
      We will give you one week to set up on the Nass main server. If you do not make any appearance on the Nass Main server, the NGE will automatically claim victory.
      idiotplaysgames, Yesterday at 9:06 PMReport

5. GrandMoffTarkinNew Member
      Mr.Idiotplaygames:
      Here are 6 reasons why I would never do that, why the logistics of claiming victory because we do not go on is not a logical pretense to war, and why this is a complete waste of my time and yours,

Here are a couple of facts:
      -We do not engage in stupid conflicts like the ones you propose.
      -Why would I waste my time fighting a faction who stated that they were not trying to destroy us.
      -It is stupid to think because I do not want to take a calculated risk that I automatically lose.
      -I could care so much less about what you consider cowardly or non-courageous.
      -There is no way that I am going to risk my factions safety, infrastructure, and abilities in a waste of time in engaging in a conflict with you. I am sure you are excellent at what you do and you know what, perhaps you could beat us, so why would I move our Private Server Faction to a Public Server?
      -I held and had some decent respect for you prior to this message, but after you went back on your word and stated that you had no interest in attacking us, you have changed it to having an interest in attacking us, so you know what, you are just like the other bastards on here who wish to waste their time by attacking and harming well-meaning individuals. You are no better than Riddick at the present time sir. (No one likes Riddick if you have not figured that out.)

So sorry to disappoint you, but as Secretary of State of the Rebel Alliance and as I manage our relations with other groups, there is no way that I am going to waste my time nor combat your force in order to fulfill your overflowing ego. My apologies for my actions on your forum before. I thought those were out of line, but judging by your recent message, you are just as horrible as myself.
      Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
      Minister of Finance & Secretary of State
      The Rebel Alliance

P.S.: If you want to claim victory or publish this on your forum, go ahead. I could care less what people here on Star-Made think of us. They hate us and you know what, that's the way I like it.
      GrandMoffTarkin, Today at 6:45 AMReport

6. idiotplaysgamesMember
      New
      idiotplaysgames, Today at 9:04 AMReport

7. GrandMoffTarkinNew Member
      New
      Well you idiot it was never a god damn war. It was not even a fight. You are making yourself look good by doing absolutely nothing and that is the absolute, most low and sad thing I have ever seen in my life. So here is what I am going to do, stay away from my faction, stay away from my friends, and never speak to anyone from the Rebel Alliance again. Sorry if this is to frank for you, but I have had just enough of the bull shit that your faction has been giving us for the past several weeks. I do not usually swear but feel that the way you have acted and your poor attitude warrants it. The Rebel Alliance never wants to here from you nor your allies again. Mind your own business and bother someone else.
      Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
      The Rebel Alliance.

P.S.-I never said I surrendered. By the laws of just and honest war prepared by the United States of America following the Revolutionary War, a country can not be considered to have surrendered until they say that they have done so in writing. So you can call it whatever the hell you want, but no one nor the Rebel Alliance accepts it as surrender. I will screen shot and post this conversation publicly as evidence that on this day, I go down as saying that a.) We have not surrendered and b.) We were never at war. Common sense would dictate that if we were never in conflict, we could not have surrendered. Duh.​
    As it stands, the RA has actually not been in a war because they play on a private server, and as such are impervious to attack. Currently it appears that NGE is keeping its stand as winning this "War", with the RA taking no losses in any way other than time and never sending a surrender. DNN Findings: this kind of thing must be a new fad, along with faded/worn jeans

RA Being Rebels?
    Recently, founder and "leader" of the Rebel Alliance ObiShawnKenobi has recently committed an attack on NGE through use of exploits to defaction a NGE planet. from what is seen, the damage on the material scale was minor but on the political scale, there has been a small flame war and accusations thrown though the RA Government has admitted that ObiShawnKenobi did infact commit these crimes and has apologized, while also closing the faction in fear of "Spies". ObiShawnKenobi has also stated that a "max stripe" attacked his server through the use of hacks, though they have stated that the damaged was easily reversed.
    Dear StarMade Members:
    I would like to deliver the Rebel Alliances sincerest apologies for the unknown and unheard of actions taken by ObiShawnKenobi against your factions. I will stand by the resolution that I nor my colleagues in the Rebel Alliance Council knew anything of this attack. I believe it to be something that ObiShawn may have done out of anger or frustration over the way that everyone on StarMade has been treating him for the past several months. Does that justify it? No, it does not, but it certainly warrants some action if people show no sign of ever stopping. Given that the NGE did stop there attacks in recent days. The Rebel Alliance is going to formally shut down because we have a strong fear, just as all do, that there is a heavy presence of spies that wish to infiltrate our own faction. Therefore, I must once again deliver my sincerest and both heartfelt apologies for the actions taken by our leader, and sincerely hope that we may both coexist without further conflict. If there is any retribution in the form of credits, ore, etc. that you may desire, I would be happy to give it to you in a reasonable and compensating amount. I am once again quite sorry for any trouble he has caused.
    Sincerely With Regrets,

Grand Moff Tarkin
    The Rebel Alliance
    This attack (and flame war) has reached many threads on the faction forums with varying opinions. DNN currently has no comment.

and stay tuned on the biased interview with the Glorious Dovan Empire's Supreme Leader Miraak about the construction of the Scimitar, the first officially designated Dreadnought of the Glorious Dovan Empire.
    Blood Stained Laws?

Recently an apparent representative of the faction Event Horizon posted the following message on the faction page of "The Blood Stained Empire"
    This is a notice for the faction "Blood Stained Empire".

As of 8/5/2015, your faction has been found guilty for the destruction of the neutral derelict warp gate located in the system -12 0 13 in the sector of -180 9 222.
    The station type was: TIER1-AncientWarpGate

Probable Cause: At war with Helkan Empire, would have reasons to cause grief.
    Counterpoint1: A faction called Cobalt Vector is also suspected of carrying out said attack, instead of Blood Stained Empire.
    Counterpoint2: Gate provided easy access to Helkan Space, would of been advantageous to use it as a staging point for attacks as it cut off 10-15 jumps from trips. Would stand to lose from destruction of gate.

The destruction of a neutral warp gate invokes Act One and Act Two of the "Derelict Stations Conservation Act", and can have harsh consequences, normally repaid by the offending faction using their own resources and time repairing the derelict or filling out a new blueprint to replace the station if it is rendered salvageable.

HOWEVER: the faction "Blood Stained Empire" may invoke and plead ignorance to the "DSCA". Because your faction was not notified before hostilities commenced, the failure being on us, your faction can instead receive a warning point violation, rather than demands for righting the wrong and replacing/repairing the station.

"Blood Stained Empire", you can:
    -Plead guilty to the offense, or
    -Plead guilty but ignorant to the DSCA, or
    -Plead innocence to the offense.

By pleading innocence you forfeit the 'ignorant' clause and if further evidence reviles it was your faction who destroyed the gate, harsher settlements will be demanded and imposed upon you. Have a good day and see you on the Shattered Skies server.
    The only instance of this law being made that DNN could find was on page 3 of the Helkan Imperium thread, in the form of a proposition to ratify the law between both Helkan Imperium and Event Horizon. Quite interestingly though is that the representative of Event Horizon has decided that this law applies to a very confirmed enemy of Helkan, the Blood Stained Empire says they are literally : "A faction seeking to combine smaller factions into a galactic coalition against the Helkan Imperium to challenge their rule in the galaxy"

Also quite interesting is that there is mention in the above said notice that hostilities commenced because of this theorized attack and it even states that the Blood Stained Empire would lose an advantage on Helkan and that another faction is thought to have committed such attack. In other words, Blood Stained Empire was attacked because of a hunch that they blew up a warp gate, violating a hard to find treaty that they never signed.

These are dark times indeed, fellow people
    FactionBalls
    The Great War

Made by: Jaaskinal

Imperial Rebellion

Made by: Jaaskinal
    DNN is in no way supported by Governments and is a separate entity. All Hail The Dovan Empire, and its subsidiary organisations. DNN is in no way obligated to reply to your posts, and all posts made here may be discounted as spam at any time by DNN. McMiraak's is in no way sponsoring DNN, because they are owned by the same parent company.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I like how Void Templar is on the Vaygr side of the river~

In an unrelated note I like the idea. Seeing two news areas should provide a good outlet for humor and activity.

Nicely done Miraak.

Reactions: idiotplaysgames
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen

In an unrelated note I like the idea. Seeing two news areas should provide a good outlet for humor and activity.

Nicely done Miraak.
    Yeah I agree.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    This was obviously made simply because you saw the arrival of SFNN. Though this could be a good thing. It's never a good idea to have only one news source.

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive

Nicely done Miraak.
    I think The VT ball in the picture is suppose to represent me >.>a If you go look back at Jaas' Vaygr Admiral Balls, Mine was a white circle with 404 (since I had not set my fleet colours) and Then after the war I was in VT o -o

That aside, I enjoyed reading this *^* Short and too the Point. Me Gusta

Reaction score
    I think The VT ball in the picture is suppose to represent me >.>a If you go look back at Jaas' Vaygr Admiral Balls, Mine was a white circle with 404 (since I had not set my fleet colours) and Then after the war I was in VT o -o

That aside, I enjoyed reading this *^* Short and too the Point. Me Gusta
    Oh that does make more sense now.

I thought it was how vt has been rather of the opinion that no one 'won' anything.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I like this how do I subscribe? Its good to have more than one news source, and well shit looks like you comprehend and understand what went on. Comprehension hell ya!

Reaction score
    I like this how do I subscribe? Its good to have more than one news source, and well shit looks like you comprehend and understand what went on. Comprehension hell ya!
    At the top of the thread at the upper right hand corner there is a link that says "Watch Thread".

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    NGE Declares Victory over RA???
    the NGE has declared victory over the RA Apparently
    THE DAY IS OURS...THE NGE HAVE FORCED AN UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER OF THE RA
    which was followed by this out-of-context quote
    Link here
    full war here:
    1. Dear Rebel Alliance Members & Star-Made Members. Idiotplaygames threatened to make us look bad by posting the following comments below. I tried to respond without getting to angry but sadly, he was being far to rude and indecent when ObiShawn and our faction had done nothing wrong. He went back on his word and I am sad to see him do so. It is wrong that he did this and "claimed" victory when we were never at war. So here are the facts: WE WERE NEVER AT WAR, WE NEVER SURRENDERED, AND THE NEW GALACTIC EMPIRE NEEDS TO STOP BOTHERING THE REBEL ALLIANCE FOREVER!
    2. SINCERELY, THE REBEL ALLIANCE ADMINISTRATION
    3. The NGE is going to be put on the map. You will be our first victim. Prepare to be annihilated.
      idiotplaysgames, Yesterday at 11:23 AMReport

4. idiotplaysgamesMember
      We will give you one week to set up on the Nass main server. If you do not make any appearance on the Nass Main server, the NGE will automatically claim victory.
      idiotplaysgames, Yesterday at 9:06 PMReport

5. GrandMoffTarkinNew Member
      Mr.Idiotplaygames:
      Here are 6 reasons why I would never do that, why the logistics of claiming victory because we do not go on is not a logical pretense to war, and why this is a complete waste of my time and yours,

Here are a couple of facts:
      -We do not engage in stupid conflicts like the ones you propose.
      -Why would I waste my time fighting a faction who stated that they were not trying to destroy us.
      -It is stupid to think because I do not want to take a calculated risk that I automatically lose.
      -I could care so much less about what you consider cowardly or non-courageous.
      -There is no way that I am going to risk my factions safety, infrastructure, and abilities in a waste of time in engaging in a conflict with you. I am sure you are excellent at what you do and you know what, perhaps you could beat us, so why would I move our Private Server Faction to a Public Server?
      -I held and had some decent respect for you prior to this message, but after you went back on your word and stated that you had no interest in attacking us, you have changed it to having an interest in attacking us, so you know what, you are just like the other bastards on here who wish to waste their time by attacking and harming well-meaning individuals. You are no better than Riddick at the present time sir. (No one likes Riddick if you have not figured that out.)

So sorry to disappoint you, but as Secretary of State of the Rebel Alliance and as I manage our relations with other groups, there is no way that I am going to waste my time nor combat your force in order to fulfill your overflowing ego. My apologies for my actions on your forum before. I thought those were out of line, but judging by your recent message, you are just as horrible as myself.
      Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
      The Rebel Alliance

P.S.: If you want to claim victory or publish this on your forum, go ahead. I could care less what people here on Star-Made think of us. They hate us and you know what, that's the way I like it.
      GrandMoffTarkin, Today at 6:45 AMReport

6. idiotplaysgamesMember
      New
      idiotplaysgames, Today at 9:04 AMReport

7. GrandMoffTarkinNew Member
      New
      Well you idiot it was never a god damn war. It was not even a fight. You are making yourself look good by doing absolutely nothing and that is the absolute, most low and sad thing I have ever seen in my life. So here is what I am going to do, stay away from my faction, stay away from my friends, and never speak to anyone from the Rebel Alliance again. Sorry if this is to frank for you, but I have had just enough of the bull shit that your faction has been giving us for the past several weeks. I do not usually swear but feel that the way you have acted and your poor attitude warrants it. The Rebel Alliance never wants to here from you nor your allies again. Mind your own business and bother someone else.
      Sincerely,

Grand Moff Tarkin
      The Rebel Alliance.

P.S.-I never said I surrendered. By the laws of just and honest war prepared by the United States of America following the Revolutionary War, a country can not be considered to have surrendered until they say that they have done so in writing. So you can call it whatever the hell you want, but no one nor the Rebel Alliance accepts it as surrender. I will screen shot and post this conversation publicly as evidence that on this day, I go down as saying that a.) We have not surrendered and b.) We were never at war. Common sense would dictate that if we were never in conflict, we could not have surrendered. Duh.​
    As it stands, the RA has actually not been in a war because they play on a private server, and as such are impervious to attack. Currently it appears that NGE is keeping its stand as winning this "War", with the RA taking no losses in any way other than time and never sending a surrender. DNN Findings: this kind of thing must be a new fad, along with faded/worn jeans

and remember, stay tuned for possible factionballs!

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Well Warp started a fad with News :p

Reilly Reese

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Beat you to the punch already commented on that :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    added new factionball, and please refrain from advertising other networks here