Criss' Thread

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Wait a minute. You guys are asking whether factions would be able to connect with one another's stations, but they already can. The Docks on the outcasts can be used on a TG station, and when we have Outcast stations are done they will have the receiving rail on their docks for the Outcast ships. Did you guys not know?
    Ah.. no. I wasn't clear on that. I thought you meant the docking features would be mechanically in-compatible between factions. Did you just mean they would be aesthetically different but still broadly work with each other? 'Cause if you did, I can totally get behind that :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe it's past everyone's bedtime? It's certainly past mine.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    broadly work with each other
    Because of how similar the Outcast docking ring is to the TG, they certainly could dock to each other. However, do not expect that from all factions. Someone stated that these factions would do so because they interacted with each other. We didn't know that the Scavengers would trade with the TG and so on. Sure, they would develop a standard together, but they aren't together. Outcasts don't really care for the TG. It's out of necessity, not to be buddies.

We can introduce variations of ships that have different docking mechanisms. We would like each ship to be capable of docking with their own stations. That is the priority before anything else.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    On the Tak there's a misplaced wedge right underside near the USD. ;)

Also Criss

Did you forget to turn on mirror cubes?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Because of how similar the Outcast docking ring is to the TG, they certainly could dock to each other. However, do not expect that from all factions. Someone stated that these factions would do so because they interacted with each other. We didn't know that the Scavengers would trade with the TG and so on. Sure, they would develop a standard together, but they aren't together. Outcasts don't really care for the TG. It's out of necessity, not to be buddies.

We can introduce variations of ships that have different docking mechanisms. We would like each ship to be capable of docking with their own stations. That is the priority before anything else.
    Totally agree with ships being able to dock with their own stations while keeping a distinctive faction-specific look. I just feel that certain ships/stations which are intended to have some friendly interaction with other factions should think about compatible docking. So a station might have more than one type of dock-able airlock to accommodate 'foreign' vessels, or a freighter might conceivably have some kind of adapter docked to it's existing docker when trading outside of it's own faction.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    You can also just fill your whole hotbar with weapons computers and keep placing and deleting different computers until the permanent logic link from the ship core to that spot disappears. I've done that before. That would probably be easiest.
    Wow this worked. Thank you!

Thank you as well Crimson-Artist

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Its per shot. would it be better if it was DPS?
    I personally think showing DPS is a quicker and more simple way of getting an idea of the damage potential of a weapon. Otherwise you have to do the math for the reload times and number of shots per activation.

Is it more or less work for you to show the DPS?

What do other people think?

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    DPS is better IMO. A weapon dealing 1 damage but with an insanely quick reload time (say five milliseconds) is easily underestimated otherwise (not the most realistic example, but you get the idea).

Reaction score
    I don't see why both can't be listed. Damage for shot is still useful to know due to penetration etc.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Okay. It's been a long time since I posted. I suppose I will show off a few things today. Likely stuff you've all seen now that it's in the game.

I don't think I talked about the Scavenger freighter yet. This is the Carrus. It is the smallest freighter in the game so far. The Scavengers use this to transport scrap to and from their bases. Currently they also trade with other factions, so this might be sent out in a convoy.

The ship is fairly straight forward. It features a large open hold, a bridge, and a lower deck for the crew. The ship is covered in multiple armor layers, created from the ruined hulls of other vessels. The ship does come with defensive measures, in the form of heatseeking missiles. This is mostly for show, as the weapons are somewhat unreliable.

The entire ship is composed of multiple ships and their parts, like many Scavenger vessels. The power systems of smaller ships tend to be too damaged by the time Scavengers have a chance to salvage them. You will often see larger power core structures fitted to these vessels. Should they be targeted, they can cripple the ship quickly.

Next we have two variants of the Chakram. The first one is the Karambit. The idea behind ship variants is to provide a mix up of performance and visuals. These ships are completed quickly, but still take time as their systems and visual modifications require some thought.

Each of their fighters focuses on a different area of performance. The Chakram is all about maneuverability. The Karambit takes this a step further and provides overdrive systems for it's thrusters. The design of the Karambit reflects this new system, with large additions to it's structure, and a new engine design that makes better use of it's frame. These modifications have forced the Scavengers to sacrifice it's jump drive, however it is equipped with a slightly improved weapon system.

The last Chakram variant is the Tessen. The Tessen is another specialized version of the same ship. Instead of extreme engine modifications, it has installed a more adequate jump drive system. The jump drive reduces thrust capacity, but it is a valuable asset. The Scavengers rarely get the opportunity to install jump drives on such a small ship. The Tessen has additional armor bracing attached to it's cockpit. The reduction in thrust maneuverability means the Scavenger pilots will often loose control of their ship and need a bit of a roll cage for those mishaps.

That's it for this week. There are other variants to cover, and other variants to build so we will definitive be seeing more of these in the coming weeks. We've also started some new stuff if you haven't been watching our livestreams. Should be exciting to start seeing things come together.

Reaction score
    I think the server i play on must be way out of scale, just about all these ships are usually 1 shot 1 kill