Act of Aggression against StarMade Moderators

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    coming from the one that banned me wrongly

Look, you don\'t \"ban\" people if you don\'t like them. You tell them to stop once by giving them a warning and then if they do it again give them another warning. Of they do it again punish them. Three strikes and you\'re out.

i never got strikes. And i beieve kros was kicked becuz gmof didnt like him

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Does that not count as Civil? or do I just not agree with you?

I dunno, either way, the mods have gathered and agreed on their rules and limits. Is it fair? In the Grand Scheme, Maybe. In the present? also maybe.

The issue is more and more you just saying \"I dont like it, use my idea\", which has its own faults that you should pick apart before trying to force it on the mods.

People get banned. They Learn the limits. If they dont? They get banned again. Its simple like that. There is no good or bad on the internet (except for Ridik), no black and white. There is no weak to protect. The just -Is-.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I don\'t follow you. Are you saying that the victim should be further victimized for being a victim? I\'m not an expert but that doesn\'t seem quite right. Incase you meant it so that the victim responds in kind, then you\'d have a stronger case because the victim turns into just one of the aggressors at that point, even if the conflict began with someone targeting him/her.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Honestly, these forums need a bit of organization.

In the Rebel Alliance, we have a large list of rules. Every rule listed is implemented on every person, even administrators. If they are abused, the member who abused that rule is punished, but not a random punishment. No, there should be a certain punishment(s) for each rule listed so no one gets fed up with any punishment being \"unfair\".

I suggest the moderators redesign their forum rules and add appropriate punishments instead of random picked ones.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    At least half the comments up there have either been partially or completely rewritten to cast the owner in a better light after other people\'s responses, also I can\'t help but think half the \'facts\' in these discussions are either completely faked or \'edited\' to prove a point. I feel like a damn cop, having to take every single word with a grain of salt not knowing wat strands in this web of lies I\'m supposed to believe.

Some of you in particular just twist and bend the truth so much just to prove a point I\'ll never be able to believe a word coming out of your mouths again, something I find pretty damn sad for supposedly \'passionate\' community members.

Concerning the actual topic, hardly anyone ever gets banned for no good reason, and certainly not permanently. While tempbans are commonplace at times, they are no big deal as they just serve as a tool for us to take the quickest route to removing the metaphorical spanner from the grinding gears of pub chat for a short while, in the hopes of keeping the peace.

You got banned for a good reason Obi, no matter how hard try to tell us otherwise, and the same goes for almost every other case in here. Even though I personally do not completely agree with the way some other mods run chat, they are all people I can trust to keep the peace by any means they see fit in a crapstorm of childish behaviour.

And concerning the \'bully\' situation; If there is no real offensive behaviour going on, we honestly don\'t give a crap about what goes on between players in chat from a mod perspective. Our job is to keep the peace and make sure chat remains an accessible place for all, meaning no large heated discussions, no flamewars, no raging against authority and no BS excuses for ignoring official warnings.

If you have a problem with how you are being treated by a fellow community member (or a mod), take it up with one of us, do NOT try to force the issue. Using pubchat as your own little battleground for personal disputes is not acceptable in any situation.

We\'ve always been way too relaxed when dealing with the amount of negativity coming from some of the frankly terrible behaviour by some players, and it has recently been more or less agreed upon that we need to intervene more to hopefully more or less re-educate chat for the future.

It is quite apparent that the biggest participants in these threads are the troublemakers who at some point or another have felt the effects of said decision, basically just looking to draw attention their personal sense of injustice. If you feel like you aren\'t being treated fairly, ask yourself why you aren\'t part of the 80% of the players who function perfectly fine in pub chat, people who are actually capable of having a nice conversation without devolving to the crap that got you in trouble.

(I\'ll give you a hint: it\'s not because you\'re a brave and misunderstood rebel, standing up for the common people)

P.S: These childish rants and eternal pointless arguements are the reason some folks question if chat should be continued at all on the new site, think about that for a moment.

P.P.S: Kudos to those of you who actually don\'t make a big deal of your scuffles with authority and realise that its best to just move on and try to find a way to co-exist peacefully.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Idiots\' guide to not getting banned:

#1: Don\'t be a f*cking retard in pub chat
    #2: When a moderator asks you to stop, stop. Don\'t argue, just stop.
    #3: Don\'t complain on forums when you failed to apply rules 1 and 2. If you have any complaints do it in pm with said moderator.
    #4: Moderators are always right.
    #5: If a Moderator is wrong, please refer to rule number 4.

Have a nice day.
    Ps: Numbers 4 and 5 were a joke.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty Gold
    There\'s a difference between standing up for others and slandering up the moderators.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I\'m fairly certain he\'s standing up for himself here.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Even Barack Obama was just a \"normal\" american citizen ;)

Reaction score
    I hardly know what is going on, Nor do i pretend to. But all this Conflict has to stop. As a Former Moderator on a minecraft server (That shall not be named for it would be advertising), I feel that this could be handled alot better than it has been. First off, (Somewhere on page one) It was mentioned that There should be an appeal system. I think that would work A LOT better then how it is being handled right now. Get banned off the chat? Appeal and Disscuss it there. It would be alot less messy. You could even settle on unban dates. If you want me to explain it more, PM me. However, And I am pretty sure most mods on here would agree, This fighting needs to stop.

Neo_Dicronus

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I\'ll tell you what.

Half the people here agree, and other half of the people don\'t. This is clearly going to be a stalemate unless the moderators abusively ban me from the forums overall.

I said many times that I don\'t give a damn about me being banned from chat. Besides, I didn\'t even get a warning last time I got banned. I was just told I was being banned by the infamous WarSong. Apparently just talking about a drunkie was a good reason for being banned. I was told \"You have one chance to explain this\" and in the next few seconds I said I was banned. Oh yea, \"real offensive behavior\" was not the cause to me being banned. So technically speaking, I didn\'t do anything against the rules.

The moderators all achieve their goal of \"keeping peace\", but they do it the wrong way. I would call myself a rather perfect example. So, I may have a bad reputation on the forums and the faction and blah, blah, blah that crap. Supposedly I cause \"trouble\" just by appearing on the chat because then, boom. Harassment arises and my defensive attitude wages the battle. You can\'t ban someone just for appearing and you don\'t like them, nor should you ban them if they\'re only trying to defend themselves. Instead, approach the conflict appropriately by trying to settle the conflict instead of saying you have one warning and immediately pulling the switch.

I have no idea what happened with all the other conflicts on chat and people getting banned, but I bet it was similar to or the same reason to why I was banned (in the past of course, not talking about a drunkie). And I know that many were banned, temporary or permanent, I don\'t know. So yes I may say false information, but you mods also make mistakes. Many mistakes like I do.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Awesome, you or your brother, whoever, said an offensive statement about my thoughts being clouded by the death of my grandmother. That went from cool water to hot. I had every right to ban you. Don\'t bring that into this topic.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Your choice off words ex: \"abusively ban me\" just underline the fact that you are pissed about getting yourself banned. \"I would consider myself a rather perfect example\" AHA, that\'s where the problem lies Mr.Obi. You don\'t agree with other methods and they are therefore \"wrong and abusive\".

You claim to not care about your ban but are still trying to deem it unfair. Proof: \"I bet it was similar to or the same reason to why I was banned\", those same reasons you deem unjustified and abusive. You also assume that is what happened, you have no proof at all.

Oh, by the way, wouldn\'t instakicking members out of a faction due to unproved claims of \"spying\" be more of a \"power abuse\" than what the mods are doing? Food for thought don\'t you think Mr. Obi?

Reaction score
    Obi, I don\'t know your story, Nor do I want to. But you going, \"Mods are banning people unfairly, That is abusing there power!\" Etc, Is the wrong way to do it. Take it up the chain of command. Think out side the box, Don\'t think defencivly. think Neutrally. And besides, If someone Haresses you, Report it. Don\'t fight it. Now don\'t get my intentions mixed, I am not targeting you. But I just want to stop all this conflict. It\'s horrible. This commuinty has little to no stucture. What you are doing pouring more fuel on the flame, and we don\'t want that. Sure, they may be old wounds, Just let them heal and move on.

As for the no warning thing, I think that is wrong. But \'The mods are always right\' Was put in place for a reason. To stop backlash of a \'off the top of the head\' desision. If Nessesary Despute it later. But not then. It will only make it worse. And with the banning aswell. The mods objective is to keep the chat clean and \'flame\' free. But what i have read makes it seam like most of the people deserve it. But to be sure i\'d have to have all the information, Which i don\'t.

Backlash isn\'t something mods want or even need to deal with when making a desision. Also this isn\'t Directed at just Obi, that goes for everyone who is making a Giant fuss over little thing regarding this topic, epecially those who bring up old Topics.

So, Please everyone, Just clam down and think about this. Not your way, Not their way. But From a Neutral View. Don\'t let Biases Clould you judgement people!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Can we at least get something done like making it so bans dont interfere with private chats? Kinda sad you cant privie

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello all, wow this is a big thread mess. I was one of the player who was banned for a bit. It seems to me obi is trying to capitalize on the situation and uproar that occurred on that day by trying to build on it by his experiences and his past.
    A mod or admin which provides the same services and functions. They should be above reproach so when their actions, and judgments are called into question it is always based on good judgment on a balanced scale. For every player must be treated with the same respect and actions taken against them should be reasonable and based on the severity of their actions. I don\'t think that a players history should build a build to a point when a player shows himself, or speaks they are banned, or any minor disputes leads to ban. Everyday show be considered a new slate and until they break a existing rule actions actions can\'t be taken against them from what happens in the past. Unless they show a recorded and proven history of discord and disobedience are there are to be a no tolerance policy against them, until they wise up and perform better. I try and not let emotion, history, or others affect my judgment, to to me compromises my power and position that I am responsible for. Everyone is human and with power its hard to stop ourselves at times.

keptick.. Mods are always right, that concludes that\'s players are always wrong. Don\'t argue with mods.. If you can\'t ask question it leaves room for error and rules enforced by force. Which is why alot of people spoke up on that day because they saw something that was handled wrong and asked questions. If I asked questions, and a mod cannot give me a good reasonable answer then he is possible wrong or misjudged the situation. If we cannot ask questions then we give our sensibilities away and our chance to be treated fairly... Don\'t disrespect people especially mods and admin.. Rule 1 of course. These are just my ideas lol of course.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    @keptick: Please know what you\'re talking about, that last post you made is entirely incompetent.

Also, the mods shouldn\'t always \"be right\" just because they say so and they have the power to do whatever they want on these forums. It\'s like they say 2+2=5 and it\'s correct just because \"they said so\". Did I mention I don\'t care about being banned? People can\'t get that through their thick skulls somehow.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    If you dislike the moderation team so much, go start your own starmade forum.

Thats if you buy into the whole \"if you want something done right, do it yourself\" thing.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I\'d like to remind you folks that I\'m still paying good attention to this thread and keeping track of feedback and ideas.