Act of Aggression against StarMade Moderators

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Obi your actions influences others and sets a bad example for others to emulate and follow. You saying you don\'t care if you get banned is saying to many you don\'t care for the rules set by the forums and mods and you have no respect for the mods that oversee chat and the forum threads. Which is why we differ, I don\'t like being banned because it reflects badly on me. Obi pick your fights man and know when you go against the grain. You should let go of your animosity towards the mods.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I don\'t dislike the moderators. I never hated the moderators. I just think they can run things better and make this community more welcoming for everyone.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Even if it is only a single moderator you have conflict with, talk to that moderator directly. And then screenshot your screen if something comes up that is objectionable. Then post. But work it out with the moderator first before making public statements condemning some person or group of people.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I find it interesting how obi is acting like there is some \"higher power\" that the moderators are betraying or poorly representing. He\'s acting like that one kid nobody likes who in 4th grade would always go around trying to \"tattle\" and \"snitch\" on everyone to the teacher. He wants StarMade to be moderated his way and thats why he made this thread.

Trying to start some stupid little movement like a bunch of protesting college dropouts who demand more welfare from the government. As if this dumb little \"act of aggression\" is going to change anything for his personal benefit. Rofl

Like usual its all about his \"feelings\", his \"opinion\", his everything. Oh, and his little minority group of whiners too. I say we just ban all of you so we dont have to deal with this petty bullcrap anymore.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Community has been plenty welcoming for me, and i try to make it welcoming for newcomers. At least those who aren\'t arrogant before showing us what they are capable of; i don\'t elevate my opinions of people before being shown a reason to elevate my opinion of people. Same goes for lowering my opinions of people.and i dont consider seniority a reason.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    Community has been plenty welcoming for me, and i try to make it welcoming for newcomers. At least those who aren\'t arrogant before showing us what they are capable of; i don\'t elevate my opinions of people before being shown a reason to elevate my opinion of people. Same goes for lowering my opinions of people.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I would really like to say something right now, but I\'m not sure if it would affect the rules of \"bothering a moderator\" or tester, whatever.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    go ahead.

im just really irritated with all the stupid nonsense you create in this community. if you just left things alone for once maybe you wouldnt be in this mess. its really pitiful to think that the person who leads one of starmades biggest factions behaves like this.

firework sales will go through the roof when you finally change for the better.

Reaction score
    Ridik_Ulass: Not suprising, most people hate him anyway after all the trouble him and his \"Allies\" caused.

I have never been banned, dispite the fact people don\'t like me, I know how to behave.

that being said I still think mods can be heavy handed, and some specific ones regulary break their own rules, and even go so far as to incite the behaviour they resent. when someone enters chat with \"everyone stfu\" and people question that behaviour, if people get banned for asking questions, thats gonna cause people to get shitty with those mods regulary.

often though, a mod will come on and tell me to \"stfu\" and I go quiet because I know they are looking for an excuse, and people defend my position, and not even my \"kronies\" as some would have you belive, nature, Mjjj and Thadius have all been banned for \"talking back\" to mods who were addressing me originally, people who clearly have little agenda to support me other then they think that mod is wrong.

PS all 3 times those people were banned it was warsong.

Reaction score
    the issue I have is some moderators them selfs are the source of the bans, causing the drama and community responses they wish to prevent.

its called \"gaslighting\"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

you know when someone says \"calm down\" when you are calm until you get so annoyed that you are no longer calm? thats gas lighting

when a mod says STFU and we ask him to be more polite, and we get banned for talking back to a moderator or questioning a moderator, those bans, the questions and everything, would not exsist unless the moderator was better behaved.

if I accuse Warsong of being impartial, or someone says FURB is impartial, it should be the moderator going and getting a 3rd party, not the community.

I was an admin on HSZ, and when ever I needed to do admin stuff in relation to euro-corp, I would go to another admin, and either tell them or ask them to do it, removing my potential bias from the situation. if the community think the mods are doing a bad ob, it really doesn\'t matter if they are or not, its about perception and that needs to be addressed, the symptoms as well as the cause.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    if an admin says to end discussion of something, that means to end it, right then and there. they shouldnt have to explain themselves to you when you go and \"accuse\" them of being unfair right after they said to drop it. the admins are the authority and meant to be obeyed. they dont owe you an explanation. questioning their authority serves no use but to make things worse for yourself. oh, and on a related note, using the chat is a privelege, not a right.

i think before you go and accuse the mods of being abusive you first need to understand whats abuse and whats not. in this case the mods are being accused of being \"abusive\" of their powers based on your personal opinion of whats abuse and what isnt, rather than what the rules and whatnot actually define as abuse.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Planr everyone should be accountable for their actions. Abuse of power is abuse of trust. If people can\'t question and reason, they won\'t stay. I guess that\'s why main nass is dead. We heard of your rulings there.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Gaslighting eh?

\"moderators them sel[ves] are the source of the bans, causing the drama \" - Untrue, but presented as fact.

\"we get banned for talking back to a moderator or questioning a moderator\" - Untrue, but presented as fact.

\"if the community think the mods are doing a bad [j]ob\" - Pretending the entire community is with you while its only you few guys complaining.

Anyway;

\"if I accuse Warsong of being impartial, or someone says FURB is impartial, it should be the moderator going and getting a 3rd party, not the community.\" - Besides the fact that I assume you mean \'partial\', you say we need to go and get another mod everytime someone objects to his/her being punished? Basically requiring all of us to always be accompanied by a babysitter? Yah that\'ll work well.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Yet again there is no actual abuse going on here. The moderators are not \"abusing\" their power. Its just a couple of kids whining about getting banned, so they try to make their cause a righteous one by slapping the label \"abuser\" on the mods.

Question and reason? Lol you\'re kidding right. This is a public chatroom on an internet forum. Not a freaking philosophy class in a college building. Main NASS is not dead. Its all propaganda being put out by zorozeenee and a few of his buttbuddy cronies because he\'s butthurt about getting his 20+ alts banned, including his thoughtful names like \"50ShadesOfGay\", \"xXCreeperSlayerXx\", \"Zoromote\" and \"LongDongSilvers\".

Even if we are experiencing some dry spells of inactivity it has nothing to do with the rules. I guarantee you that the staggering majority of players who come to NASS never even read the rules because all they need to obey them is common sense (which zoro seemed to have a severe lack of).

We are experiencing a significant drop in our playerbase, but it has nothing to do with the Vagyr leaving the server or people disliking the rules (again, most people do not even read them). It is because we no longer hold a server advertisement spot on either starmadeservers.com or in the servers and factions chatroom. The end result of this is that we arent getting new players because nobody is hearing about the server.

Regardless, I dont have the time or desire to control NASS Main, so ive handed the responsibilities over to WarSong and Pholopalus. So you can play your blame game on them now if you wish.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Did I say they were no, did I imply it.. No. Obi is crying admin abuse. Even if we are experiencing some dry spels in player activity.. Either you are or you are not. There must be a reason for it..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I realized you like to be a real pain in the ass, Planr.

You don\'t realize the responsibilities to run a forum with over a thousand members. I don\'t have expereience so I don\'t know what it is like, but I do understand all the responsibilities of moderators to keep not only chat but the entire forum an enjoying environment, but I know I can\'t do it alone. Heck, no one goes on NASS anymore all because you\'re running it.

I understand with all means that moderators, unlike you, are trying to do what they are supposed to do, but I\'m starting to see a sharp downfall appear. I\'ve had many people in my faction and friends on these forums say that they were harassed and even banned from chat just because they try to defend for me and the faction. People assume that my faction is all junk and stupid. We actually changed widely within the past month and we now have a new government system, policies, and best of all, equal fairness to every member.

So technically speaking, I did change for the better after I realized I could not govern a faction alone. I\'m not whining, nor am I complaining, nor am I trying to make the forums what I want it to be. I\'m trying to help the moderators who I think are currently struggling with this issue of flame wars. What I\'ve been noticing lately from the moderators is how the switch is activated as soon as something starts, and most of the time the hammer falls upon the wrong person. What they need to do is create a specific rule for a certain possible and popular conflict and an appropriate punishment that is not chosen from random.

Take this for example:

Someone appears on chat who just lost a large battle on the Illusive server with some anonymous faction. With a simple said word \"Hello\", the insults are thrown by everyone in that chat room. This person taking all these harassments is now very tempered and strikes back. A moderator observes, and on the next minute, warns that single person to stop or else he/she will be banned, but that person ends up banned anyway and is now the victim of a conducted cyberbullying act which is strictly prohibited by many countries internationally, and we all should know here that it is not a joke.

If agreeable rules and appropriate punishments were set, this conflict would be less of an issue and more equal. Take it like this: if a rule said there are no harassments or cyber bullying allowed (which there is), it would have a certain punishment. If our faction, we have a 1st offense punishment and a 2nd offense punishment, but it doesn\'t matter, there should be an appropriate and deserved punishment anyway that ain\'t chosen from random. Possibly a punishment like a moderator would warn the opposers once, then again firmly if the conflict is still occurring, and then a temporary 24 hour ban on the opposers, both, or the victim if they continued the conflict.

Now let\'s see what happens with this newly modified and appropriate punishment added to this particular rule. The same person comes on with a simple said word \"Hello\". The shots are fired. The moderator notices and takes swift action before the victim does and announces, \"You have no right to have someone be unwelcome no matter what he/she did outside of the forums. This is your first warning for all of you. Stop this or else there will be punishments.\" Then one of the opposers continues to rant. \"One last warning, (anonymous), or you will be given punishments.\" The single opposer then harasses the moderator and is banned temporarily. Everyone then continues their time on chat discussing things like ships or recent events happening on StarMade or in reality.

Yes, in the past I did cause some of these and sometimes I did not, and I would find myself walking right into a conversation with people insulting me behind my back, even with the moderators online! In conclusion, I believe there might be some misunderstanding between the mods and I that I think should be resolved by simply sitting down and getting more in-depth with this act of aggression, as I see Furb doing it the best here. I do not want to cause more hostilities, nor do I want to be banned from the forum. I\'m only trying to help resolve any conflicts, and this thread may be the wrong way of doing so, but I made it immediately out of my frustration.

Reaction score
    But now i shall raise one point.

To be perfectly honest, I pretty much set myself up for my ban, I was in a shitty mood, And then responded like a total arse to people, and i bet *Most people who have gotten bans have actually deserved it in some form.

*I say most because there\'s always going to be a couple not-so-well placed bans wherever you go.

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    There are alot of untruths and one sided opinions that are presented as fact and paraded as proof. At HSZ we had a food admin staff even if we have zero owner support for us or the server. So we developed a balance between us that shared power and responsibility as best we could. Admins would consult each other on current events and punishments pending. Meaning is someone breaks the rules, it is up to that admin to act at that moment if they need to take action like someone lagging the server badly or someone blasting chat. If another admin is present admins will discuss the proper actions to be taken. If a admin acts by himself then he talks to other admins and informs them of what happened. This keeps all admins involved they know if a person is showing a pattern and it sets courses of actions so that if similar events or problems occurs other admins know how to act and take action. I know the mods have logs that record such actions and its not up to me to change it or change anyone. Babysitter no that is not needed, admins and mods need to be able to act when they need to. No favoritism, no selective punishment for any reason. And same actions and punishments for everyone. Communication is key for any group that works together.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I\'m laughing really hard right now. That was the funniest pagestretch I\'ve ever had to read in my entire life. You and I would not be having this conversation right now if all that long-winded nonsense you said is true. Yet again there you go trying to appeal to things like international law in your argument about the \"abusive\" mods who \"cyberbully\" you all day. Are you seriously for-real right now?

I\'d actually written out a long response to what you said too but honestly you\'re not worth the time. So I decided instead of humoring you I\'d keep my response short and sweet, relative in size to yours that is.

These \"scenarios\" and \"examples\" you are giving are very biased and only represent your point of view. The \"victim\" getting tempered and angry shows they are hotheaded and therefore deserved their ban. The entire scenario you gave there does not even match up with what happens in chat. People insult you and you get butthurt and won\'t let it go.

Oh, and I think i\'ve already addressed the issue of NASS, Zoro and me clearly in my previous post below.

Oh and something you might enjoy knowing: The reason the mods haven\'t deleted this thread is because they are proving you wrong. If they were abusive like you say they are, we would not be talking right now because this thread would have already been deleted and you would be banned.