a collection of a mad man

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I've got a new plan to beat the AI rebellion: Try using SKYNET to fight a battle between this and Keptik's Charon.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    I've got a new plan to beat the AI rebellion: Try using SKYNET to fight a battle between this and Keptik's Charon.
    If that doesn't work, we'll at least have about 2 centuries of time to build up before it gets over the lag.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If that doesn't work, we'll at least have about 2 centuries of time to build up before it gets over the lag.
    I'm pretty sure it will work, I'm just not sure if the resulting explosion will be less than the nuclear devastation.

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    BEHOLD!
    THE OUTLINE!
    OF VERY ROUGH APROXIMATE SCALE!

As you can see, the picture is not quite long enough to add the prow, but it shows just how much has been built so far.
    With the new line tool I will be able to start making the basic outline for the entire thing, so that is good. However, I will be requiring some people to fill in between the lines when I get around to it because my craptop will struggle when placing that many blocks, basically I just need the occasional person to help me place things.

So yeah, the BRIDGE will soon not only be a bridge, but an ENGINE section too, with fins, and a hangar, and dakka.

Hail pipe!

Reaction score
    Wow, I knew that thing was ginourmous, but I somehow hadn't realized the great golden eagle statue was effectively a hood-ornament.

The eagle is so tiny in that side-shot.

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Do you have any kind of time-scale for this project jontyfreack? And by that I mean how long 'till this thing gets dragged into the Warp by it's own mass?

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    well if I start working on it for 2 hours every day for the next 2 months I should have the majority of the top-back finished and quite a bit done with the outlines of each shape for the rest of the ship by 3 months time.

so it should be finished after 2385 hours of work

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    well if I start working on it for 2 hours every day for the next 2 months I should have the majority of the top-back finished and quite a bit done with the outlines of each shape for the rest of the ship by 3 months time.

I'm sure the Emperor would approve of this schedule :)

Reaction score
    Just bought a new laptop so i could work on this titan. Though i still don't have the time to invest in it but i'm halway done. Soon™.

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    All hell will break lose on multiple big servers once this is released on the shipyard... that is if it's possible to get all the blocks necessary. How is anyone going to be able to build one of these in survival without a galactic super-empire? What is the block count currently?

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    currently it is 2.3mil blocks. will eventually be many blocks.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2

+++THERE IS NO GREATER GLORY THAN A LIFETIME OF DUTIFUL SERVICE+++

Reactions: Tydeth and Blodge

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    NOT AN UPDATE TO THE BRIDGE
    THIS TIME A THING FOR SOME BAD ACTING
    FEATURING JAKE AND ANOTHER PERSON WHO ISNT WORTH MENTIONING
    THIS IS A SHIP
    THAT IS BASICALLY AN ALREADY EXISTING SHIP BUT SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THIS TIME

iMSAD 25 - khorina (a spacewhale possessing a ship)
    yes battledamage has turned into a mouth.
    the ribs pierce through the ship causing it to bleed.
    the teeth have engines...no the engines have teeth.
    and it looks quite nice in my opinion.

The idea of this ship came to be when I thought out-loud to myself "what would happen if you used a spacewhale instead of an AI?" and then improving on my own question "what would happen if a spacewhale was cut up into a ship and some parts of the original whale had to remain so it would still function and so what if the ships systems also incorporated some of the whales organs and what if the ship could heal battle damage creating scars and scabs on the ships armour?"
    And so I built it. I was slightly creepy when I looked at what I was doing while thinking of the concept of a living ship that was not organic but was "possessed" by something organic causing the machine to act like a living organism, such as bleeding and growing teeth and bones throughout the ship, and some organs.

Bonus picture of a wound that is growing teeth and is surrounded by dried blood

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    NOT AN UPDATE TO THE BRIDGE
    THIS TIME A THING FOR SOME BAD ACTING
    FEATURING JAKE AND ANOTHER PERSON WHO ISNT WORTH MENTIONING
    THIS IS A SHIP
    THAT IS BASICALLY AN ALREADY EXISTING SHIP BUT SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THIS TIME

iMSAD 25 - khorina (a spacewhale possessing a ship)
    yes battledamage has turned into a mouth.
    the ribs pierce through the ship causing it to bleed.
    the teeth have engines...no the engines have teeth.
    and it looks quite nice in my opinion.

The idea of this ship came to be when I thought out-loud to myself "what would happen if you used a spacewhale instead of an AI?" and then improving on my own question "what would happen if a spacewhale was cut up into a ship and some parts of the original whale had to remain so it would still function and so what if the ships systems also incorporated some of the whales organs and what if the ship could heal battle damage creating scars and scabs on the ships armour?"
    And so I built it. I was slightly creepy when I looked at what I was doing while thinking of the concept of a living ship that was not organic but was "possessed" by something organic causing the machine to act like a living organism, such as bleeding and growing teeth and bones throughout the ship, and some organs.

Bonus picture of a wound that is growing teeth and is surrounded by dried blood
    This is, legitimately, the weirdest ship I have ever seen, and I like it.

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    AND NOW FOR THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!
    AFTER ABOUT 3 HOURS DEBATING TO MYSELF I CONTINUED WORK ON THE BRIDGE!
    ONLY THIS TIME WORK ON PART OF THE SHIP THAT IS NOT THE BRIDGE I did some more detail inside the bridge too
    AND THE OUTLINE FOR WHERE A RATHER LARGE TURRET WILL GO HAS BEEN BUILT TOO!

this is what the bit infront of the bit infront of the bridge looks like now, slowly adding detail to the top that can be copy pasted for roughly 2km

a close up on some detail, as you can see it includes pipes, girders, rail mass enhancers, grates, and various hulls including grey ADV armour and dark grey standard armour. I am rather proud of this detail and I will even be using similar details in the interior of the bridge, such as around the engineering section that will be built eventually.

the interior of those exterior rib thingies

speaking of interior, for my next trick I will post yet another picture of the inside of this ships bridge!

I have added walk ways and make-shift (or make shit) stairs so it is now possible to go to the upper portion of the ship including a not-so-hidden room, and an AMS turret. part of me wishes starmade had fall damage because it would make the inside of this ship so so much scarier to try and navigate.

I like this part of the exterior, possibly because the armour is 15m thick here.

So yeah, bridge of the BRIDGE is nearly done and I have started work on the parts that are not a bridge, so I can expect this thing to be done when starmade goes into beta.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    How thick will the prow armour be? Asking because I've been thinking how very Imperial it'd be if almost the whole prow were solid advanced armour (save for the torpedo tubes, obviously).

... That'd be, like, nearly a kilometer of solid AA at the thickest point. :love: