a collection of a mad man

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    How thick will the prow armour be? Asking because I've been thinking how very Imperial it'd be if almost the whole prow were solid advanced armour (save for the torpedo tubes, obviously).

... That'd be, like, nearly a kilometer of solid AA at the thickest point. :love:
    at least 150m of ADV armour and about 3m of a basic hull skin for some added colour.

it will be heavy.

diremage

Tech Wizard
    Reaction score
    Suggestion: prow should in fact be its own 1km turret, self-powered, 500m adv armor, and dozens of massive ship-killing missile-pulse torpedos. Commander of the forward bays slaughters enemy before Grand Admiral on the bridge is even aware that there is an enemy.

And yes, that means that the prow is a titan that docks to the front of your titan and kills stuff for you.

The side-facing cannon bays (the whole bay) should be a pair of side-facing cannon/pulse turrets locked into position so they can only fire broadside. Your ship won't get broadsides off very often, but when it does...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Blodge

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPOST

after over a month of not playing starmade I have returned, and I have returned with an absolutely massive har-- I have returned with a desire to build more onto my BRiDGE.

BEHOLD
    Some cool details of vines/tree

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnd now, a small amount of copy paste

And now for the moment I have been waiting for, the full view of the bridge so far

Now your scheduled image posting of the BRiDGE

Today was mostly just detail work and adding 100m to the length of the ship. So in the near future expect something.

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9

I need to get around to building a 147m diameter lance turret to fit in this hole. Unfortunately I have broken my mouse about 40 seconds ago so I may have to take a break or wait for someone to build an appropriately sized lance turret for my BRiDGE.

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well chaps its progress report day after several days of working for about an hour.
    SO

BEHOLD

It now has 3 large holes to fit big guns, and it has the starting outline of the prow (subject to change). It has reached 2400m-ish in length and will get longer once the prow is finished and finalised, so I can safely say this is one of if not the largest RP ship project in starmade. Eat that skylord.

And I have started some more work on the interior.

Very dull and warm on the insides because it is mostly glum and grimdank in these ships. Certain areas will be shiny and pristine such as the chapel areas.

And now for your scheduled imagery to inspire/make you feel bad as a builder/make you feel good as a builder because at least you use more than 1 colour on the entire ship/shock you

And that is all for now chaps, join me next time for yet more grey ADV armour and some brown and a slim chance of getting any progress done.

I leave you with this

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Well call me a necrophiliac because this is some necro posting.

So I have not been playing starmade too much recently, and as a 48 day necro post warning is telling me, I need to start playing more. Fortunately for people I have done a bit more work on the BRiDGE, unfortunately for servers I have done more work on the BRiDGE.

Behold, not all that much progress apart from roughly 1km of detail.

Now this is the bridge I have been working on the most recently.

That small bugger quickly turned into a fully fledged dark grey standard armour not-quite-yet-fledged-baby-thing.

This ship is the ship that I am using to develop the Moderas style, it combines the use of angular, artificial plating and shapes, with organic things such as the occasional curve, a spine, smaller spines, ribs, and some plant like detailing.

Of course its a very complicated way of thinking so I came up with a slightly less complicated way of thinking while building: Elves in space growing a skeleton and then building a ship onto that skeleton, and then adding artsy fartsy shit.

Pipes are used to connect the exposed skeleton of the "ship creature" to the ships systems. In the lore the spinal cord of the ship is connected to the shields and jump drive systems, and is a more efficient way of emitting the shields across the ship and allows for more control with a jump drive on top of cooling the extremely hot reactors of the Moderas ships. (No stars were harmed in the creation of this ship...we think)

And for the sake of being more alien, the spine has mini "spinelets" growing off of it (note: these are not the ribs of the ship). These mini spines are for improved control while jumping with a jump drive, and to look artsy fartsy for the Modera who pilot these ships.

That is all for now, expect an update in around another 48 days.

Hail pipe!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nice xenos vessel you got there... Rest assured I most definitely have not contacted the Imperial inquisition and a strike force is most definitely not headed your way now or, hopefully, ever.

Emperor protects.

Reactions: jontyfreack