a collection of a mad man

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Hello and welcome to my shipyard from now on (preferably) and it shall be here where I will post pics of as many ships of mine that I can, so expect this to use a lot of bandwidth :)

So anyway, lets get started in no particular order apart from being mostly chronological order.

The FC-12 (fighter class model 12)
    A small fighter with no shields that worked. Nothing much to tell about this other than it was one of my first.

The MC-12 (medical class model 12)

My first real attempt at a ship, very small but cute. It is slow but can land and take off from planets (ish) and has a very large interior for its size including a bed for a patient, 4 seats for crew, and some other stuff. Oh and my factions old emblem.

The MORGON

Yes it has tentacles.

VOSS-pattern planetary defence monitor

A small frigate sized ship intended to stay in orbit around a planetary body (or station) and basically say to possible attackers "please don't" by shooting them once or twice with its (at the time) very powerful lancer beam, usually destroying the enemies shields and taking a sizable chunk out of their armour hp.

The slightly warpy VOSS-pattern planetary defence monitor

A chaos version.

DISEOUS-pattern heavy assault ram

Because nothing says awesome like ramming a ship into another and deploying some troops.

The CVC-11/CVC-14

They are yachts in space, each with a full interior fit for a small family.

Le fish

Guaranteed to hurt your eyes.

The Mommy Issues (TMI)

A flying strip club.

The knife

A bloody corvette.

The RedBorn frigate, strike corvette, and hunter

Made for the fleets contest, didn't get in, but by lord of pipes they are still glorious. each ship is blood covered and equipped with a decent sized interior for rp purposes.

The slut7 (slot 7)

A fast racer with a full interior and as you guessed it, a strip club.

FORREST

Trees.

The city of night.(on hold)

A rather large city thing.

Ork Kill Kruiser(on hold)

Needs more dakka.

The SRC-1

KARAS-pattern destroyer (WIP)

Nearly finished. (and with over 12k pipes)

Feather(WIP)

What started out as an idea for a fighter quickly turned into a corvette, now on the verge of becoming a frigate.

CLOUDS/REDGUARD

Two 100% rp stations.

And that is all for now, I hope you like this thread and I will be adding more detailed pictures of as many of these as I can later...actually I will do them by request.
    Ask for what ship/station you want more in depth pictures taken of and I will update this post with them. :)

Tally ho, for now.

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Keeping with the theme of a mad man, I have decided to build a 40k style battleship based off this picture:

As I'm sure you would have guessed, this will be scald down significantly. and I am aiming for this ship to (hopefully) not exceed 800m in length. This will be a very time consuming project on my own, with all the turrets and the size and the detail and the...40k ness of it... SO, I have decided that this will be a possible CO-OP build on the NFD build server (good server, check it out) currently I have just the basis of the throne room/what some would call a bridge, mostly done. This is it so far

And its interior

As you can tell from the picture of the exterior of what I have complete, and from what I have already said, this will have a lot of turrets.

So if anyone would please help out that would be splendid, just shout out and I will assign you an area to build (once I find a suitable sector to start the project full swing).

In the meantime, tally ho!

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The emperor approves of starting with a gigantic golden eagle and worrying about trivial things like the hull and engines later.

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    *CRASH* What's going on up there?
    *CRASH* What the heck?

(Pilot) That's the new assault frigate they were developing. Sounds like it hit the glass windows up there.
    (First Guy) Why do they have giant stained glass windows IN SPACE? Aren't those just giant hull-breach liabilities?
    (Pilot) Yeah, but they can pay the insurance, can't they? And it sounds like they're going to have to.
    (First Guy) Well, it's not our problem, there's gotta be like sixteen pressure doors between here and - *CRUNCH*
    (Pilot) Yep, 15 doors between here and there and one right here, in case we need to - where'd you go?

Really cool, even though I like my sci-fi at least as realistical-ish as Star Wars spaceflight almost is. At LEAST no giant stained glass windows ... especially on a warship ... although they look really good. Awesome effect. And an 800m project isn't that big; talk to keptick, he's been working on a multi-km (I think) Titan, Charon, for like 3 years. 800m couldn't take you more than, what, a year and a half of hard work? ;)

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    *CRASH* What's going on up there?
    *CRASH* What the heck?

(Pilot) That's the new assault frigate they were developing. Sounds like it hit the glass windows up there.
    (First Guy) Why do they have giant stained glass windows IN SPACE? Aren't those just giant hull-breach liabilities?
    (Pilot) Yeah, but they can pay the insurance, can't they? And it sounds like they're going to have to.
    (First Guy) Well, it's not our problem, there's gotta be like sixteen pressure doors between here and - *CRUNCH*
    (Pilot) Yep, 15 doors between here and there and one right here, in case we need to - where'd you go?

Really cool, even though I like my sci-fi at least as realistical-ish as Star Wars spaceflight almost is. At LEAST no giant stained glass windows ... especially on a warship ... although they look really good. Awesome effect. And an 800m project isn't that big; talk to keptick, he's been working on a multi-km (I think) Titan, Charon, for like 3 years. 800m couldn't take you more than, what, a year and a half of hard work? ;)
    well its already 1.2 km long, and that is just the aft section.

Well I find this funny, the windows are currently the most armoured sections of the ship, at 3 thick crystal armour each, and with a total of 7m thick adv armour as a frame.

And the titan will be more detailed than anything else...and I will cry a lot

Reaction score
    Wow!

Just. Wow.

Those glass paintings remind me of old Ascii-art. Simply amazing pieces of art overall.

Reactions: jontyfreack

jontyfreack

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    it was originally planned to be around 800m, then to 1.6km, then to 2km, now back to 1.6km.

its changing length almost as much as one of the songs I write

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!
    You guys haven't seen anything yet!

Someone nudged that ship the other day... everyone got kicked off the server.

It doesn't need turrets, he just has to threaten to move it and factions surrender.