[64x64] DirtySpace

Reaction score
    I was all jazzed about the release, then i got hit by a BSOD after putting in my new motherboard and CPU, then the next day I got run over by the stomach flu... its been a fun weekend...

Cant wait to check out the pack!

Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    After messing around with it for a bit. Very nice. I love it.

One thing I noticed you did that was slightly saddening. You removed the wear-n-tear of the hull blocks. Kinda goes against the "dirty" part of "DirtySpace". But I can understand why you chose to go that route. So, me being the modder and tweaker I am, I have saved like every image of textures you've posted, including your early version of the pack, so I just pasted in the old hull textures.

Also, the computer screens. Look great, but with them all being various shades of red and yellow makes telling them apart at a glance a little difficult. Like the weapons and salvage computers, the only real difference is one has a dashed beam and the other has a solid beam. So again, I opted to tweak them for personal use.

No disrespect intended. You've done great work, better then I could ever do, and you have made the game look flipping amazing. I just tweak almost everything I can when the game allows it.

Reaction score
    No disrespect intended.
    None taken whatsoever :D

Yeah, the wear-n-tear didn't tile well. I'd love to add some of it back if any sort of connected texture system is added to the game. That would open up a lot of possibilities for me. Alas, not yet ^_^

Yeah, totally! Edit the pack to your heart's content! I'll even add in the unused/alternate textured stuff in a psd or png for people like you to mess with, in the next release.

I'm currently in the middle of eating a taco and reworking the computers to be color-coded as I type this, so no problems there.

Thanks for the input. I adore hearing what you have to say :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Another thing about the computers is that they aren't distinguishable from the sides, so depending on where you put them it hard to tell which computer is which.
    You think you could add something like the icons kupu put on the sides of the default texture computers?

Reaction score
    You think you could add something like the icons kupu put on the sides of the default texture computers?
    I can try :D

It might be hard to make the icons unobtrusive with such a small surface area to work with. One of the benefits of working in higher resolutions.

The way I have it in my head is to have utilities be blue (cockpit, storage, things like the scanner, the gravity unit, etc). Weapons be red. Effect computers be... yellow? I wanted to have one be green but I couldn't get it to mesh right with everything else. Wouldn't hurt to try again. Another issue is that the current computer textures don't have much in the way of readability. I was pretty lenient in the way of clear-set icons for each screen. So I'll change that as well. My inspirations for the blue/red yellow/red color schemes are obviously the Star Wars target computers.

I'm beginning to work in themes and parts from movies like Alien/Aliens and Star Trek though as well. They all kinda blend together. Good source of reference images.

Anyway, I'll try out some stuff in the next update and see if you guys like it better. :D

Reaction score
    I'm currently in the middle of eating a taco ...
    Nice. Say no more. Finish your fine food. I can wait.

I personally liked the wear-n-tear. I liked how it defined each block. A CTM system would indeed be a great boon for texturers.

As for the computer colors. I like to keep them along the same lines as the vanilla colors just so there is a level of connection as to avoid confusion for myself when viewing other peoples builds and whatnot.

If you include PNGs of the old textures, that would be fantastical... yay made up words!

Reaction score
    I wanted to have one be green but I couldn't get it to mesh right with everything else.
    Just in case you need some inspiration.
    green_targeting_computer.png red_targeting_computer.png green_screen.png

I have seen these movies so many times that I probably have everything even remotely relevant to texturing on screenshot.

And yes, connected textures would be the most amazing thing that could happen in terms of texturing. <3

Reaction score
    der_scheme you should PM me an imgur album full of relevant Star Wars screencaps. I would be eternally grateful! ...or I could just rewatch the original trilogy and not be lazy. Your choice ^_^

Reaction score
    Doing both would be a good choice, too. The first movie at least is full with so many details that you don't actually notice when watching it once… or twice… or…

Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    the only thing that irks me about texture packs is the fact that non of them seem to have icons. is this because you and others haven't bothered, or is it because it is not currently possible?

Reaction score
    • Updated Purple Vine Stuff
    • Updated Power Capacitor
    • Updated Ship Core
    • Updated Turret Docking Enhancer
    • Updated Docking Enhancer
    • Updated Lava
    • Updated Sand
    • Updated Damage Overlays
    • Updated All Computers (Functional and Decorative)
    • Updated Ice
    • Fixed Trigger Area
    • Fixed Light Rods

So all in all, this was a relatively light update. This week was a little busier than I expected, preparing for my vacation. Computers didn't really get my full attention. This will serve as the first iteration. I plan on adding corresponding icons on the sides and adding much more diversity to the backsides.

I also increased the overall brightness of the pack a smidgen to hopefully help those with shadows on, not be completely blind.

Build Icons and Normal maps are next on my list. I can't promise normals for next update but they are definitely coming very soon. I also plan to rework the logic blocks a little, as they could use some love as well.

Have fun! Make sure to voice your critiques and opinions!

-Azurite
    the only thing that irks me about texture packs is the fact that non of them seem to have icons. is this because you and others haven't bothered, or is it because it is not currently possible?
    To answer your question; no it isn't impossible. It's actually quite easy to do. In-game, just press TAB + F9, and tap enter to bake new icons. It was acting up for me this week so I didn't bother. I'll fiddle around with it though and make some good looking ones soon enough :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Im glad you are taking another look at the logic blocks. I think they kinda don't really fit the majority of the pack. I would think they would have an interface on them similar to the computers.

But anyhoo. Great work. I look forward to item icons. Shame they are not done in the same manner as Minecraft.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yayyyy
    Though I would agree that the logic blocks should be more like the activation module. P.S. could we get more blue/orange elements on those just to be more obvious about the state?

Reaction score
    • Added Build Icons
    • Updated Ship Core
    • updated Turret Docking Unit
    • Updated Docking Module
    • Updated Faction Permission Module
    • Updated Disintegrator
    • Updated Logic Blocks
    • Updated Computers
    • Updated Build Block
    • Updated All Hulls
    • Updated All Terrain
    • Other Minor Updates

Updated logic. Polish across the board, including minor tweaks to hull and massive edits to terrain.

Also added Build Icons. They were kinda last minute as I'm releasing this really late at night. Let me know if you notice any bugs with them. They require a good amount of fiddling with to get game-ready (That should seriously be changed). Also light really messes with them. Not sure if that's fixable.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Added Build Icons
    • Updated Ship Core
    • updated Turret Docking Unit
    • Updated Docking Module
    • Updated Faction Permission Module
    • Updated Disintegrator
    • Updated Logic Blocks
    • Updated Computers
    • Updated Build Block
    • Updated All Hulls
    • Updated All Terrain
    • Other Minor Updates

Updated logic. Polish across the board, including minor tweaks to hull and massive edits to terrain.

Also added Build Icons. They were kinda last minute as I'm releasing this really late at night. Let me know if you notice any bugs with them. They require a good amount of fiddling with to get game-ready (That should seriously be changed). Also light really messes with them. Not sure if that's fixable.

Mein gott. Dat depth.

Reactions: Azurite and Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    I love it. Love that you went with a square instead of a circle. Keep up the amazing work.

One suggestion. On the missile tube blocks. Maybe putting exhaust ports on the back, and have the missile warheads peeking out on the front?

Reaction score
    One suggestion. On the missile tube blocks. Maybe putting exhaust ports on the back, and have the missile warheads peeking out on the front?
    Hehe, I actually originally planned to do that. I think I either got lazy or didn't know how to make it work. Gonna try again. Also need to make all the backs unique still for the rest of 'em. :eek: