[64x64] DirtySpace

AtraUnam

Maiden of crashes
    Reaction score
    • Railman Gold
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    replying because kupu said we should I have free will and i love your work.:p

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Kupu said we should do this. I am only doing this so the mods get annoyed at him for causing thread spam

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Kupu said we should do this. I am only doing this so the mods get annoyed at him for causing thread spam
    Flawless logic. :)

Love the effect modules, great shine on those canisters. New UI is in the works, would hate your skin become redundant so soon after completion.

Reaction score
    'Nother update. Looks like GUI is a no-go right now. Hopefully I can salvage some art from it (No doubt). Moar stuff!

Minerals/Stone/Things, and a new decorative panel! I doubled up the textures because I felt like it and because I'm extremely lazy. I may change some things around. I don't really like the repetition right now. Just want to get things in place.

Kupu noted that most of my textures have a bevel of 1 pixel which made me think about edging away from that notion. So this time, the bricks have a 2 pixel bevel (you can't even tell!) Kinda gives a... Mayan look? Who knows. They tile kinda weird too. This is one instance where connected textures would help out alot *crosses fingers*.

-Azurite

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lights: :)
    Factories: perhaps you could make the micro and the capsule a bit more distinct on the side. I like Kupu's version, which has a slot for the capsule to be pulled out.

Reaction score
    God this bugs me about the default factories - they all look like the same friggin box. If you're gonna have 7 different fabricating things, they need to each have their own style. I should be able to look at it and know exactly what factory it is. This bugs me so much, I actually made my own mod, and since I'm not an artist, I just put 'FAC' 'CAP' 'MIC' on the sides. You know what? The game is better for it. This is not a knock against your work, I'm just bitching about the default textures and the fact that's it's ridiculous to have 7 different crafting blocks. Minecraft seemed to get by fine with 2... :)

-Eddy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    God this bugs me about the default factories - they all look like the same friggin box. If you're gonna have 7 different fabricating things, they need to each have their own style. I should be able to look at it and know exactly what factory it is. This bugs me so much, I actually made my own mod, and since I'm not an artist, I just put 'FAC' 'CAP' 'MIC' on the sides. You know what? The game is better for it. This is not a knock against your work, I'm just bitching about the default textures and the fact that's it's ridiculous to have 7 different crafting blocks. Minecraft seemed to get by fine with 2... :)

-Eddy
    Did you even look at the new factories? They clearly have distinctive textures now. Just download the latest dev build and you'll see that they have changed a lot.

The old factories were placeholders. If you'd bothered to look up what was going on instead of posting something on borderline politeness you would have realised that.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Did you even look at the new factories? They clearly have distinctive textures now. Just download the latest dev build and you'll see that they have changed a lot.

The old factories were placeholders. If you'd bothered to look up what was going on instead of posting something on borderline politeness you would have realised that.
    Not even dev build... more like the last 2 official releases. :P

Looking good Azurite. There'll be no more new blocks for a while i don't think, so you have chance to nail them all and make a release without surprise additions! You must be getting close now?

Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not even dev build... more like the last 2 official releases. :p

Looking good Azurite. There'll be no more new blocks for a while i don't think, so you have chance to nail them all and make a release without surprise additions! You must be getting close now?
    I just remembered about another reason why they could have appeared to be the same. There was this one bug that caused them to literally be the same. I believe almost everything looked like the capsule refinery (or another factory). So that's why I thought it was in the dev build (ni, I thought it was in the dev build because of the amazing new terrain textures :p)

Reaction score

Alright. Let's see if the crystals cohere with everything else. I think yes. But waddaya guys think? Then there are ingots. Also I tried out some labels for factories (no front faces for capsule and micro factories yet. Still making those). And last but not least, enhancers. I may change the animation to differ from the default but meh... good for now :D

-Azurite

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I always though that ingots shouldn't have a mark on them. Makes it hard to decorate in my opinion

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I always though that ingots shouldn't have a mark on them. Makes it hard to decorate in my opinion
    Yup, i'd second this.
    They no longer do in the new (dev) builds if thats any help keeping things canon.

Good job on the latest batch.

Reaction score
    I'd like to point out that bloom depends highly on the color of textures. The following weights are used (stolen from the game's bloom shader):
    PHP:
    0.2126 * r + 0.7152 * g + 0.0722 * b
    While the colors of your crystals look pleasing, they might be too dark to trigger bloom appropriately, making engines and glowy parts in general look less interesting.

Edit: Retracting my statement. Without having taken measurements, most of them seem even brighter than the default ones. Nevermind, carry on.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score

Small update once again. Okay, went back and polished up the computers. Added more details on sides, new faces, button shadows, screen glow, etc. Also working on touching up the hulls. That is a sneak peak at what I came up for the basic hull. Still needs more work. Lastly, circuits. Lovely circuits. They turned out a little more Tron than I expected but I really like them :oops:

Also took advice and removed the markings from ingots and lowered the saturation ever so slightly on them as well.

So the time is coming at last. No promises (Promises get me in trouble) but I'm expecting for the first re-release to be at the end of the week at most. A few days at least. Of course, afterwords I will continue work on polish, will support the Immersive Blocks Mod and see about doing a GUI skin whenever the new one comes out. So thanks for being patient with me and stay ever so tuned :P

-Azurite

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Maybe you should make circuits look like Hard Light?