[64x64] DirtySpace

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Nice to see the best texture pack is back. I'm loving the forcefields, but for some reason the red ones have no animation. The texture itself is great, however I think it might be a little easier on the eyes if the variance between pulses are a bit more subtle. Every other change is awesome as far as I can tell.

Reaction score
    I'm loving the forcefields, but for some reason the red ones have no animation. The texture itself is great, however I think it might be a little easier on the eyes if the variance between pulses are a bit more subtle.
    The default red force field isn't animated. Pretty sure it's a bug or a mistake in the config.

Yeah, I debated whether or not to make each color different. And the animation is a little stronger than I wanted. What I really want is a glow around the edges but that would only be achieved through connected textures. :P *Increasingly strong glare at Schine*

Reaction score

News for this week's update, new Thruster sides with free Air Intake included or your money back!

I also want to look into adding distinguishable icons to computer sides as well as tweaking hull colors a bit (again). Let me know what else you guys think needs updating, otherwise stay tuned :D

EDIT: To show how I made it. Kinda self-explanatory but I looked back at the backups and thought the progression was cool.

Last edited:

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10

News for this week's update, new Thruster sides with free Air Intake included or your money back!

I also want to look into adding distinguishable icons to computer sides as well as tweaking hull colors a bit (again). Let me know what else you guys think needs updating, otherwise stay tuned :D
    butbut but airintake? in space!?!
    it looks really awesome though :3
    So let's just say it intakes spacedust or something to improve output :P

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    butbut but airintake? in space!?!
    it looks really awesome though :3
    So let's just say it intakes spacedust or something to improve output :p
    LOL yeah idk. Star Wars did it. So I just assumed "Why can't I?". A fair point though.

Reaction score
    Actually, it makes perfect sense. Most people cover up their thruster blocks completely with hull and crystals, but if you want an air-breathing engine for an atmospheric fighter, you could leave the front and rear of the block exposed.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Nice :)

As TrainDodger rightly says, people repurpose block faces for all sorts of decorative options. More unique faces is a good thing and it definitely fits your Star Wars theme.

Reaction score
    • Updated Weapons (More details)
    • Updated Carved Minerals to be unique
    • Updated thruster faces (Air Intake in front, More detailed sides)
    • Updated decorative panel (Tubes)
    • Updated Red Planet Terrain
    • Updated Disintegrator
    • Updated Hull (Simplified the tile, Edited colors to be more like default)
    • Updated circuits to be less transparent
    • Updated AI Module
    • Added labels to Computer faces
    • Fixed Crystal Armor colors
    • Fixed Hull bleed zones
    And many other minor changes...

Update 1.4! Some things that people have been wanting for a while. Computer labels, Hull Changes, So on so forth. The thruster is now literally the best thing ever. Computers are usable now! (ermagerd) AI got some love. Carved Minerals. Dude, Carved Minerals. They look fantastic now. Check this out.

Each mineral has it's own custom face now. So it's great for organic monuments. Buildings. Statues. Whatever. My only gripe is that I really want roman style pillar textures too. Maybe in a mod or something :D

Next on the list of things to do is some minor fixes to weapons. I also want to work on Ores and get those looking better. And possibly some terrain overhauls as well.

Anyway, check it out. Test it. Tell me what you think about it. Have fun! ^_^

-Azurite

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Those carved crystals look amazing!! Totally breath taking. I honestly wonder how long it will take until this becomes an official pack.

Reaction score
    That looks like some sort of demonic god's balcony. I love it.

Also added the new things to my ever growing collection of your works that I can get my grubby little hands on. XD Im a sucker for reference material.

Reactions: Azurite
    Reaction score
    And now, for the most OCD and insignificant fix of them all! Weapon shadows! Spot the changes!

I have no life.

Reactions: Rumcajz

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    So the lighting angle is now consistent with newer blocks, but it looks like the highlights show a change of shape ?
    That highlight on the inner barrel is a pretty similar tone to the outer bevels highlight. Makes the barrel look level with the block?

Reaction score
    Correct. Also, nice 3D representation :D

Really it was just a shot in the dark. Something I've been too lazy to do for a while. But in a way, the Inner piece could have some sort of muzzle, hidden by the angle, hints the grime and scoring. Though it does kind of defeat the purpose of that bevel.

I find the new look more visually appealing though, either way :p

Reaction score
    So an update on things!

Dirtyspace is pretty much done now. For the most part. I'll continue updating it, of course. Really, I'm waiting to release the newest changes until a new game version comes out.

In the mean time, I've started work on skins specifically to be used in tandem with this pack. You can find the forum post here. And the first skin here!

-Azurite

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Is it normal that the blocks in the inventory show as default textures?