This version introduces a new map system. Rather than a spiderweb of lines, Resource Zones are displayed as rings around their principal star. Mousing over the star or focusing on any contained system on the map will display an indicator around all star systems in the Zone. Clicking on a zone ring will "pin" the zone. Clicking elsewhere will unpin it.
This map system is made possible by IR0NSIGHT's MapMarkerUtils library. Thanks a lot!
BUG: NPC territory boxes will prevent gas giant icons within them from being visible. This seems to be an issue inherent to StarLoader map drawer systems. To see gas giants in NPC territory, simply disable faction territory display in the map GUI panel.
After this (and any associated hotfixes) I hope to finally begin work on getting shop prices and inventory in line with RRS's zones. The plan is for things made with local resources to be cheaper and more plentiful, while things made with foreign resources are more expensive and uncommon.
- Added a few more zone adjectives/name possibilities
- Potentially fixed some generation determinism issues
- Fixed a persistence bug wherein any resource sources in use would be reset upon loading/generation (sources will now only reset if resource types at that sector change)
- Fixed issue with overtaxed passive resource sources never assigning resources to extractor profiles
In the farther future, the positioning of shops (and other non-player stations) may be changed as well, as part of another planned mechanic wherein each star system gains a 'subtype', such as "local trade hub", "mining center", "industrial center", "undeveloped", and more.
Old factories and manufacturing materials (Paints, hardeners) will now appear properly in shops and the Creative Mode inventory. Costs may need balancing, but that's a story for another day...
Reverted most of previous build's changes, except for the mod recipe and circuitry recipe fix. Unknown and nigh-untraceable map error on the Skies of Eden server forced this temporary revert in order to maintain a functional gameplay experience.
- Recipe translator now properly pulls other mods' blocks for recipe addition
- Standard circuitry is no longer insanely expensive
- Added error logging to help track down the infamous "Asteroid machine broke" error
- Fixed some sus static variables that could theoretically cause inconsistent behavior
Fixed an issue where blueprint metaitems didn't work and would instead spit out all of their contained Components as dropped items.
Anti-exploit blueprint metaitem validation would try to compare the component list in the blueprint with the block list in the catalog, which caused problems. Blueprints in catalog will now be updated to list Components whenever a BP metaitem is received, so spawn attempts will pass the validation step.
Having a live testing environment on SoE feeding me information live has been extremely valuable. Big thanks to everyone involved with the project, also go check out the server if you get the chance. It's where all the cool people are! Anyhow, another set of emergency fixes:
- As it turns out, previous hotfix DID accidentally disable asteroids, and for no reason - the problem it was designed to prevent was impossible anyway (also it may or may not have partially been the result of a typo)
- Blueprint ingredient lists no longer "decay" down the manufacturing chain every time they get reloaded; no more raw resources or capsules or removed vanilla items or other nonsense in your blueprint reqs
- Another attempt to fix NPC-shop prices. Didn't work on my end, but your mileage may vary.
- Contrary to the name, version 0.3c does NOT fix the bug wherein gas giants can occasionally catapult you at 0.3 times the speed of light. That physics bug will elude me until the end of time, I think. :P
Minor stability patch. Still some fires to put out, but it's getting there slowly.
- Fixed ClassCastException spam when messing around with asteroids
(result of StarMade/StarLoader bug with internal function)
- Temporarily "fixed" (really, duct taped) safety checking nullpointer for asteroid generation - may mean that asteroids fail to spawn in some cases. Requires further investigation.
- RRS resources are buyable/sellable in shops. no guarantee about restock though
- Potential fix for gas giant gravity nullpointer(? could not replicate myself; cannot verify fix)
- Removed stupid, pointless, annoying message notifying admins of persistence autosave
- Removed unnecessary step in persistence save process
- Terrain blocks now refine to T0 components/resources in the capsule refinery
0.3 "Prospect" brings Resources ReSourced very close to feature completion. RRS is now only missing shop cost localization, the Threns resource and factory system for player weapons manufacturing, and polishing steps such as block inventory icons, more gas giant textures, planetary Geodes/Nodules, and a second pass on visual effects. There are, of course, still myriad bugs to be found and fixed, and resource balance needs work as well before the 1.0 release.
Next feature patch will hopefully include NPC shop buy/sell price + inventory adjustments in various zones based on the availability of resources needed to manufacture a given block. This will hopefully open up freighter viability in singleplayer. I also plan to add map labels for zone names, making them accessible outside of the astrometric scanner.
- Added new "Astrometric Scanner" chamber tree under Recon Chambers. Astrometric Scanners yield various information about a system, including info about the zone type, system type, and contained celestial bodies. The Sector Prospecting Chamber augments this with data about the passively-harvestable resources available in your current sector and how much is currently being harvested.
This new chamber tree also includes a "Stellar Cartography System" chamber which allows you to map systems, restoring the mapping functionality of pre-Power 2.0 scanners.
- As their functionality is now implemented as proper game mechanics, the /rrs_location_info and /rrs_resources commands are now admin-only.
- There is currently a bug wherein the astrometric chambers declare "No Effect" in the mouseover tooltip. This is technically correct information as they do not use StarMade's native effect group system, but it will eventually be patched.
- More resource types are available from planets for passive harvesting via Magmatic Extractor.
Parsyne and Aegium are now harvestable in very small amounts from planetary cores in the corresponding zones and planet types.
Ferron planets are planned as well, but that planet type does not exist at the moment.
- More resource sources are now available in the Galactic Core, including new "Exotic" gas giant types bearing small amounts of Parsyne and Anbaric resources for passive harvest. These (and Energetic planets) are fairly rare in the Core region, in order to encourage going to the corresponding zones for those resources.
- Vapor Siphons now feature simple visual effects that fire with every harvesting cycle. These will be improved in the future. Magmatic Extractors may also get a similar effect.
- Ferric zones will now be marked orange on the map; standard Metal-rich zones will be marked grey. This better matches the actual resource colours.
- Gas Giant visuals now use the correct colors.
- Gas Giants will now only spawn in planet orbits, rather than anywhere along the system's ecliptic plane.
- RRS planet type generation now supports differing "lava" blocks. Some terrestrial planets, such as cold ones, no longer generate lava and will instead have ice or crystal pockets.
- Added an experimental optimization to resource source persistence IO (may have to patch this out for now if active persistence entries get lost)
- RRS will now generate terrestrial planet profiles upon system entry rather than when visiting the planet (needed for astrometric scanner)
- Fixed spammy notification of successful planet segment generator substitution
- Fixed various bugs
Until then: As always, this is a beta release. Expect (and report) bugs. Once again, thanks for testing RRS!