Read by Schine Wireless Chairs, Economic Tab, and Wedged Turrets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Chairs can be wirelessly linked to remote ship cores and cameras, so that players and crew can control turrets and drones from within the ship. One chair can be linked to multiple cores for grouped targeting; say you have battleship main guns that you intend for broadsides or grouped AA firing at a single small ship. Linking to cameras on an independent turret gives systems like guided missiles and grouped turrets more flexibility, as the view point is from the camera turret but things like missiles are deck fired from the ship. Finally remote controlled drones, I don’t want to lose crew members on top of that I feel that it’ll cause a drop in morality with the rest of the crew. There is a draw back here, crew members that control fighter/bomber drones, over directly piloting a fighter/bomber, will have a slower experience gain rate. Also, the drones themselves can still use a bobbyAI for finite control and the remote controlling crew member only tells it what to target. You can go without BobbyAI support but it’ll cause more stress on the crew member, taking a hit to his morality, when he has to directly control more than one drone.

Add an Economic tab in the Navigation window for the buy/sell prices and inventories of known trade guild and player stores. The reason for this is for setting up trade routes and building, often armed, cargo ships when storage becomes limited. Also giving a crew member’s Duty Stations with a Storage block will make him specialized in trading, helping to improve price margins. But only one tradesman crew per ship!

I will re-iterate this, Wedged Turret Docking for added axis’ for turrets to link to. (Keeping the suggestion alive)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Pretty good ideas. Yes for wedged turret dockers, so much yes.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like the wireless chairs. It's a great idea to link turrets to the bridge,

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    we dont need wedged turret docks.
    we can already make angled turrets, you just need to do a bit more thinking when building

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    we dont need wedged turret docks.
    we can already make angled turrets, you just need to do a bit more thinking when building
    I'm pretty sure it's no secret how to make angled turrets. It is a stupid workaround though and i would like something a bit cleaner.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I'm pretty sure it's no secret how to make angled turrets. It is a stupid workaround though and i would like something a bit cleaner.
    it might be stupid but it works, so dont complain.
    There are more important stuff for the Devs to focus on than angled turrets

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    it might be stupid but it works, so dont complain.
    There are more important stuff for the Devs to focus on than angled turrets
    Yes sir, whatever you say sir. So when would you recommend "complaining" about it bub?

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Yes sir, whatever you say sir. So when would you recommend "complaining" about it bub?
    Okay first off bub stopped being used in like 1930.

But, moving past that...
    My opinion is never, or at the very least when the game is done with beta. This is something that is already possible, and really, getting it to do what it does is in my opinion the mark of a superior builder. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it'd also take a good deal of stuff to get angled turret docks to work due to the nature of wedges and how all that jazz works.

tl;dr if you're too lazy to read a tiny paragraph: Not now.

Reactions: Nauvran
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I don't care about timing, just that my ideas are considered and debated over. I don't mind if Wedged Turret Docks are pushed off into or after beta or the full release, just that they are considered for the game. At the moment they can be 'cheated' into the game via chain docking, but this tends to be bulky and messy at times. So I will ask this question to everybody here, regardless of when it is implemented, would you like a Wedged Turret Docker for building turrets at 45 degree angles?

Now that I had more time to think about things, Wirelessly linking Chairs to turrets allows for more creative turret designs that BobbyAI's can't do, adding another advantage of using crews over BobbyAIs. Dual AA gun turret with vertical launched lock-on missiles rail docked to the top and secondary gun on another pivot point above the primary main guns.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Okay first off bub stopped being used in like 1930.

But, moving past that...
    My opinion is never, or at the very least when the game is done with beta. This is something that is already possible, and really, getting it to do what it does is in my opinion the mark of a superior builder. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it'd also take a good deal of stuff to get angled turret docks to work due to the nature of wedges and how all that jazz works.

tl;dr if you're too lazy to read a tiny paragraph: Not now.
    Didn't mean to offend anyone here Deb but, I do have a point of contention when someone says "lets not worry about your idea because the Devs have more important things to do." Unless they are drinking buddies with the Devs they have no real clue.

Also, I think some clarification is in order for what constitutes complaining vs a legitimate suggestion to a perceived in game limitation. Because I am apparently lost.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Friggin Trolls. Magrim is suggesting, not complaining.

Yes I would like to see a 45 degree turret or even better, a set your own angle turret axis. I know that the chair will be linkable to ship systems from Bench's most recent post. Exactly which system you can link? IDK. There is already an issue directly connecting to blocks on separate cores... as in you can't do it. I would like to see that possible for linked cores. It's all the same ship regardless of how many cores constitute it. I should be able to take control of an AI turret or assign it to a crew member. Why? Cause that's how I would make them IRL.

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    love the chair idea, specifically about controlling the ship from it rather than using the core itself.