Wild Space Explorers

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    This is a project worth showing:

It's really nice to see this several-month creative effort of mine get a level of recognition which is proportional with the amount of work that went into it.

I'm very proud of this Watatsumi battlecruiser (and yes, it's pronounced as you did, I think) for getting the seal of approval from a master builder such as yourself.

Glad that you found the engines and the hull design appealing, I'm still in disbelief that it was me who accidentally built something so good looking.

Yes, those robots in the reactor room are supposed to be security guards, not maintenance staff, hence the forward-pointed "weapons" in their hands ;)

And feel free to "steal" as many of my detail ideas as you wish, I've been stealing your designs since day-one of building in SM.

As for those fighters... When I originally designed them as stealth bombers, the intention was to have support ships that can cloak and deliver shield-skipping nukes (missile-missile combo bombs), ignorantly forgetting the fact that AI ships can't launch nukes, and that they also vanish forever upon being undocked, if fitted with a cloaking setup. I think I'll release the current stealth bomber variant of those fighters separately, and refit the ones in this battlecruiser in the next update.

Thanks again for the showcase, it's much appreciated! :)

Last edited:
    Reactions: JinM
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Silver
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's really nice to see this several-month creative effort of mine get a level of recognition which is proportional with the amount of work that went into it.
    One of the reasons I wanted to do it. Nothing is more discouraging then releasing something after months of work and getting no feedback at all.

It was worth the wait. It is a fantastic looking ship and well wort its praise. Sometimes accidents provide the best results.

Reactions: DeepspaceMechanic