What have you done... (power system wtf)

Reaction score
    On the other hand you could shift stuff around and reduce the size of the ship, making it harder to hit.
    But then I'll need to cut down the drives too. Because I will have free mass and too much thrust. Also considering that ship size grows as cube root of its block count (more or less) the difference in linear size will be negligible.

Reaction score
    But then I'll need to cut down the drives too. Because I will have free mass and too much thrust.
    You don't "need" to cut anything. But if you do, you'll end up with even smaller and lighter ship, which means you don't need so much thrust... In the end, after you've reached an equilibrium, you've got a ship with relatively same characteristics, except it's that much smaller.
    Also this:
    No such thing as too much thrust.

Quoting one fine English gentleman:
    POWER AND SPEED!

Reactions: Ithirahad
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Two years later, and now a group within the community is trying to fix the power 2.0 system... Cos schine made doom cubes the HARD meta >.<

And more than that, 1:1 scale doom cubes to borg cubes >.> but yet this is an "improvement"... Is that why the top servers went from being 32-64+ players on no matter what time of what day you looked, to 10 players on a release build server, if that, at PEAK, with some times showing 0 players on any server?

Reactions: Captain Fortius

Energywelder

Director-General, EDY
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Two years later, and now a group within the community is trying to fix the power 2.0 system... Cos schine made doom cubes the HARD meta >.<

And more than that, 1:1 scale doom cubes to borg cubes >.> but yet this is an "improvement"... Is that why the top servers went from being 32-64+ players on no matter what time of what day you looked, to 10 players on a release build server, if that, at PEAK, with some times showing 0 players on any server?
    What is this necromancy?

Reactions: Alphajim
    Reaction score
    And tell them we did.
    Anyone with a shred of common sense could see what a mess this is going to be.

And yet, 38 disagrees by rabid fanboys on my OP here, most of whom probably fled the game they themselves led to ruin, while I'm still here, gritting my teeth at every stupidity the system forces upon me, and still playing, despite all.

It's not vindicating my opinion that matters here. It feels like I have succesfully defended the merits of breathing air, as opposed to water.

What matters is, two damned years were wasted on developing broken mechanics.
    At this point, most of the things Power 2.0 introduced got removed, or as the current example stands, fixed by passionate players who know better, and it's still just a bandaid that makes a much larger problem slightly more tolerable.

So far as I can tell, the cat and his inner circle are content with their "progress" as is, because they've got paid by some investors.
    Well, that's the thing about investors. They invest. Meaning, they'll want profit eventually.
    And a broken, outdated, barely functioning game will not generate profit.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Az14el

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    And tell them we did.
    Anyone with a shred of common sense could see what a mess this is going to be.

And yet, 38 disagrees by rabid fanboys on my OP here, most of whom probably fled the game they themselves led to ruin, while I'm still here, gritting my teeth at every stupidity the system forces upon me, and still playing, despite all.

It's not vindicating my opinion that matters here. It feels like I have succesfully defended the merits of breathing air, as opposed to water.

What matters is, two damned years were wasted on developing broken mechanics.
    At this point, most of the things Power 2.0 introduced got removed, or as the current example stands, fixed by passionate players who know better, and it's still just a bandaid that makes a much larger problem slightly more tolerable.

So far as I can tell, the cat and his inner circle are content with their "progress" as is, because they've got paid by some investors.
    Well, that's the thing about investors. They invest. Meaning, they'll want profit eventually.
    And a broken, outdated, barely functioning game will not generate profit.
    lol look at this. Power 2.0 is vastly superior to power 1.0. Liking Power 2.0 does not make one a fanboi. It means that I like something that you don't.
    Yes, Quickfire is removing some of the stuff that Power 2.0 added, like stabilizer distance. However, the most important things that power 2 added like cube reactors and reactor chambers are being kept. The old system made no sense. Power 2 made more sense. Quickfire is taking an already good system and making it a lot better.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    lol look at this. Power 2.0 is vastly superior to power 1.0. Liking Power 2.0 does not make one a fanboi. It means that I like something that you don't.
    Yes, Quickfire is removing some of the stuff that Power 2.0 added, like stabilizer distance. However, the most important things that power 2 added like cube reactors and reactor chambers are being kept. The old system made no sense. Power 2 made more sense. Quickfire is taking an already good system and making it a lot better.
    wouldn't call it vastly superior when everything needs changing and fixing
    the main thing power 2 brings is removing line power and adding chambers
    so please, shut up

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    pOweR lInEs DoN't mAke SeNSe iN aNY sCi-fI UniVerSe

OfficialCoding

Professional Quickfire Hater
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    pOweR lInEs DoN't mAke SeNSe iN aNY sCi-fI UniVerSe
    that's right they don't. I'm sick of people defending that horrible cancerous system. I still haven't gotten a real explanation of how those make sense, because they don't

Reaction score
    Yes, Quickfire is removing some of the stuff that Power 2.0 added
    Quickfire's removing stabiliser distance and cannon cursor recoil. They don't outright remove, but ease up missile storage requirements.

Before that, reactor beams, integrity, and recoil "propulsion" got removed by the official team themselves.

Power 2 made more sense.
    -Does it make sense to have reactor parts far away from the reactor?
    -Does it make sense to call a brick a chamber? They've literally just half-remembered a sufficiently reactor-ish term and applied it completely wrong.
    -Does it make sense that you can have a reactor that makes you fly faster, but you can turn it off and switch to a reactor that lets you have more shields? Any sane person would just adjust the power flow to favour one system over the other, while running both reactors to gain more output. It's not like you'll have smaller engines or larger shield emitters after such a switch....
    -Does it make sense that stealth systems, scanners, booster rockets (top speed, boost "chambers"), extra manouvering thrusters (turn rate "chamber") ect. are parts of the reactor? Most of those things are normally completely separate systems.
    -Does it make sense when said scanners get destroyed, it counts towards destroying your reactor?? It's like attempting to destroy your local power plant by knocking down the phone towers that get electricity from it.

that's right they don't. I'm sick of people defending that horrible cancerous system. I still haven't gotten a real explanation of how those make sense, because they don't
    So who's defending the actual lines themselves? I hated the lines too. In fact, I probably built small ships with more intricate geometry and interiors than you have, so trying to build an efficient power line affected me more than you.
    So why couldn't the line calculations be dropped, and simply made to scale by volume, and leave everything else alone? Because someone cried "nooo, that'd be too boring!" - all the while failing to realize the "interesting" factor comes of what you build, not of the pre-programmed system you were given.

Reactions: kurosawa

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    I do agree having long lines of reactors where a tad weird but it was easy to figure out and it didnt suck ass

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    I know it's late to contribute with ideas, but it would be fun if one could switch between chambers using flip-flop logic on the "EPS conduit" nodes changing the flow to switch between different bonuses (chambers?) instead of switching reactors. Managing EPS conduits sound a lot more (TREK) Sci-Fi than spreading stabilizers all over the place...

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It feels like I have succesfully defended the merits of breathing air, as opposed to water.
    And so, in obstinance, most of the crew happily drowned

I do wish they (schine) would have been less hasty with it, stood back and took more stock of their game & community instead of what really felt like a panic move as exploits & busted mechanics built up in the old gamestate, exploits and broken mechanics many of us were willing & actively trying to advise schine on from an holistic in-game perspective. There's strong changes that they did make, and a whole bunch of weak balancing, sidegrades of broken mechanics for other broken mechanics & oversimplification of once satisfying build mechanics.

also ignore OC he just makes obnoxious word shapes for fun but isn't actually trying to communicate with anybody.