What did you do in Starmade today?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I don't get it why there are no normal conversations anymore. Why are you pissed? I just wanted to talk and said nothing that was offensive. Seriously.
    I'm not pissed. I just asked a mostly rhetorical question to show you that four bug reports in one day are way above average.

Reaction score
    I'm not pissed. I just asked a mostly rhetorical question to show you that four bug reports in one day are way above average.
    Ofcourse you do a good deed. No one tried to say something different. Thats so obvious that I don't even think about stating it. I think there are 1% of the players or less submitting bugs once a month.

But I want to say something positive too: Compared to other space-sandbox games around here, Starmade gets new content in shorter timespans. That does not make up for the really small player base, but that says so much about the quality of the development.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    very inspirational posts, love the ships...
    i just finished the start of my mining station build.

Reaction score
    Did a quick Isanth Zero overhaul, making a pretty good light explorer out of it.

Gasboy

BLRP
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Purchased!

I built this today. Cargo ship, with containers that dock to the spine.

Reaction score
    I worked on a new salvager with 9000 salv+9000 cannon modules, being like 90m long and 60m wide in the end. But I dont have enough ressources for anything. I don't know, this project will take ages if I carry on with this speed. The most time consuming part is the detailing and designing. The ship is allready laid out on paper, but ingame it takes me very long to detail the hull. For my next project I consider going smaller, because I have only 2 finished ships and want some more diversity instead of a handfull of huge ships.
    20160911175724_1.jpg

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Today I learned that the fleet ai post update had a big brainfart,pre update me and my 8 drones faired well against raider ships,lost all drones but 1 post update!

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    its a space bug of death, is rather large, and called bob

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    It is terrifying.

So today I made a bunch of ground vehicles. A scout car, medium tank, cargo truck, light scout mech, ODST-style drop-pod, and updated my glider and battlearmor. This after playing with the heavy dropship that can deploy the smaller vehicles. Its vehicle bay is smaller than desired, but it needs to be able to haul infantry at the same time, and not look like a space-brick. Which it totally does, because I had to squeeze this all into the standard large shuttle/fighter docking space that I use on all my ships. It's just a fancy space brick.

Pics or it didn't happen:

starmade-screenshot-0020.png
    From left to right: the cargo truck, battlearmor, drop pod (bottom), glider (top), scout car, medium tank, light scout mech.

starmade-screenshot-0021.png starmade-screenshot-0022.png starmade-screenshot-0023.png starmade-screenshot-0024.png starmade-screenshot-0025.png starmade-screenshot-0026.png starmade-screenshot-0027.png
    Dropship in question. Interior shows infantry staging area, vehicle bay, and cockpit view

Reaction score
    NOW, i have to rant. Seriously. My faction settings in my home station got resetted like 5 times in single player survival. And from time to time I noticed it. Ofc I oversaw it, when 20 insanths decided to hop by.

After making some nice holes in my unsaved salvager I construct, I am done with those development-bugs making my life hard. The outcome is a nice ugly wall all around my station. One day when I am not a total noob with some turrets that actually keep some pirates at distance, I remove this ugly stuff. Man. I am am pissed, because I really spent a long time for my salvager, and now there are like 30 holes in it i have to fix.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    NOW, i have to rant. Seriously. My faction settings in my home station got resetted like 5 times in single player survival. And from time to time I noticed it. Ofc I oversaw it, when 20 insanths decided to hop by.

After making some nice holes in my unsaved salvager I construct, I am done with those development-bugs making my life hard. The outcome is a nice ugly wall all around my station. One day when I am not a total noob with some turrets that actually keep some pirates at distance, I remove this ugly stuff. Man. I am am pissed, because I really spent a long time for my salvager, and now there are like 30 holes in it i have to fix.
    And the worst thing is, you can't reliably detect slightly damaged blocks, since those don't show damage textures. I have the same problem.

Reaction score
    Rule #1: Save often.
    And then you respawn it with creative? Does this stuff happen in multiplayer as well? How in the world I am supposed to play a sensefull survival, when important things like homebase inuverability just are not reliable? It's not okay to experience such stuff after 20 hours of gameplay. Its no problem, if I had known that they get resetted by accident from time to time, but like that its just mean.

Also, designing ships in the shipyard is bugged as well. There they can just disappear, and you have to save them too.

Man I really like this game, but some stuff just annoys me.