What did you do in Starmade today?

Reaction score
    Just a thread for us to post our daily random stuff. =)

I finished my first salvager in survival. Has one missile and a jump drive, and got a separte space for cargo block on the deck. And I am pretty proud for having figured out the factory usage. Researched for this stuff quite some time because the tutorials don't show how to use those blocks. For some lousy fabrication it really took way too long to understand.

starmade-screenshot-0023.png starmade-screenshot-0025.png

Last edited:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I wrote a lot of forum-posts.

And published the idea about one-entity Quantum-ROMs in the Logic forum.

I also got an idea about reading files with a script and generating entity-data for a Quantum-ROM, but I have never generated a .sment file from outside SM. I have finished the code in my head, but not debugged it jet or bound it to a .sment-writer.

I made a suggestion about passive push/pull effects having slaves on their own and added an idea which could improve AI slightly (with flight patterns).

Oh, and I noticed that one suggestion of mine has 2 agrees and 1 like without anyone posting/pushing it - another is similar, while jet another received no replys when 7 peoples opened it (I think i added a lot of these views myself).
    I edited a forth to include spoilers because I probably made it a too long read (not the op, but replys).

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Just some chatting. Diskussions about everything are welcome. If a talk expands about several pages, consider moving your argument to a seperate thread. The sole purpose of this thread is, that you can show or talk about random stuff but don't have to make an extra thread for the little stuff that comes to your mind.

I finished my first salvager in survival. Has one missile and a jump drive, and got a separte space for cargo block on the deck. And I am pretty proud for having figured out the factory usage. Researched for this stuff quite some time because the tutorials don't show how to use those blocks. For some lousy fabrication it really took way too long to understand.

View attachment 30929 View attachment 30930
    Nothing today. Spent the day working in blender and programming my own game.
    I've been a bit turned off since there is an issue with stuff ungrouping and doesn't seem like a rush to fix it. So pointless for me to build.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    i made a new Starmade episode and found otu for somereasion my terrtoers in nasszone was removed by admin and did not leave a reasion why..AND gave me -90 faction points..no clue why it happen..

Reaction score
    You guys and your big ships. Did anyone mine that stuff? ;)

Today, I got a visit from Insanths at my base. But I am a noob and was just experimenting around with factory setups.

Luckily I gave my salvager some missiles. My defense turret was not able to fend them off. Was funny, but I know that such encounters will get a bit uninteressting as soon as I build one or two real defense turrets.
    starmade-screenshot-0026.png (If you look close, you might spot some holes in the hull. I dont know if I want to fix them though.)

Is there a way to configure the enemy waves? I have some own ships I want to use and enabled them in the catalogue, but up to now only Insanths and my small Scouts, but not my bigger bombers got spawned.

Reaction score
    Been working with on paper designs for Project: VIRAL, as well as some Sapper Virus Drones, and what i like to call a Tittus Sphere

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Tested my drone carrier against a delta pirate station and only lost 1 drone and damaged a bomber,the ai is so dumb the drone only got hit because it rammed my ship and got caught by a enemy missile.I hope the crew updates will be smarter!

Reaction score
    I hope the crew updates will be smarter!
    I don't think they will mess that up. Maybe they give the crew walkway points, just like they allready have for ships with those pickup and shotout rails.

Man, I just figured out how to use that shipyards and added one to my home base. Also I added mass production for 5 different colors of the basic hulls including their wedged variations. The day I finally figured all the survival game mechanics out might come even this decade!

Reactions: terra mining corp.
    Reaction score
    I made a skin for my self how ever when I tried to use it my game files got corrupted.
    and I was also working on a remake of one of my ships.

Reaction score
    Decided to do another custom Battlestar build, have most of the hull shape done and the interior laid out.

Az14el

Definitely not a skywanderers dev
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    mad scienced several community ideas together to increase my stable weapon/reactor ratio by twofold on self powered turrets :D

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Went out to mine some fertikeen so I could work on my station.

Server was having issues. Came back and docked empty handed.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    worked on my shipyard/station,making the habition areas so others on server can come visit or decorate there own apartment.

Reaction score
    Attempted to work out the whole trading thing (I've been away for a few months.) A little disappointed to see that trade guild stations don't seem to be in the network. Began testing feasibility of focusing purely on trading without any salvaging. Will probably get bored pretty quick.

Reaction score
    Attempted to work out the whole trading thing (I've been away for a few months.) A little disappointed to see that trade guild stations don't seem to be in the network. Began testing feasibility of focusing purely on trading without any salvaging. Will probably get bored pretty quick.
    I think they're waiting until the updated stations are in before they add them, since the current stations don't have cargo etc.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Finished up the second video of my Designing for Evil series.

Considering starting a community contest project next.

Reactions: jontyfreack
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Same thing I do every day, Pinky - check to see if there are any developer updates to drool over. Every. Day.

Reactions: Byamarro