Weapons Demonstration: News and Discussion

Reaction score
    ToyotaSupra soooo if it wont work... and isn't possible yet then what is he talking about? The new dev build? because I'm playing that and.... there is a graveyard of X's around my ship they all have the same weapons systems from what I have seen in battle and salvage.
    I don't think I understand what you're trying to say here. I'm suggesting that it would be a cool idea and would force efficient ship design and make the game more unpredictable. But this would cause complications as the ships ingame are in the blueprints folder, not hard coded into the game. I'm not a programmer though so there might be a way around this.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Whoa nononono HE is right the new build (I just DL) has a bunch of ships there as well top speed... OMG I was doing 200+:eek: WTF is this a glitch!?!?!? About to test and see if I can set logic to my thruster and put ship on "Cruse" :D

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I Love all the new Isanths. There are like 16 now. It adds a lot more to fighting to vanilla AI considering they have plenty of varying weaponry. If you'd like to see them they are in the 5/28 dev build. Make sure you manually load them into the catalog because it isn't done automatically yet!
    Also, anybody notice how the damage beam shoots really slow now? I liked it when it was like 20 2s per second opposed to 1 40 per second.
    Yeah... I love the new Isanths, but the faster pulse rate on the lasers was way better... It was more like an actual laser rather than just some kind of reskinned Anti-Matter Plasma gun.

Last edited:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Ugh, ghettodexter, PLEASE stop spamming posts... If you need to add something new and nobody else has posted after you yet, just edit your original post and add on a new line... also, you aren't really making sense... and... what top speed change? I never noticed it; my cruiser is still topping out at my set top speed of 200 as are all of my other various vessels.

EDIT: Thanks for fixing it. Never mind.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry... so many "terms" for spamming it get thrown around like alpha...... AND hey if you can't understand me eh that's you... I don't understand where I'm NOT making any... I respond accordingly if it was a few pages back It would be there... also the new version I just downloaded crashed my game but yea my server was set to 95 max speed for some reason we are doing well above that.
    New lineo_O

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I have an idea about mines. Let's make that gravity can pull mines so they will also works as bombs :D

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I asked question about KB and BB removal earlier, unfortunately no one answer, but after digging into revertBehaviorConfig.xml I found something that may be an answer.
    KB_BB_will_be_removed.PNG
    I tried D100 + DamageBeam at 100% + Ion at 97% as an attempt to make some sort of Ion torpedo launcher and lock on feature didn't work yet.
    Also, default blueprints don't show up in my catalog (I'm win7 user), Bobby still don't know what to do with new weapons, there is some problem with turret docking ports (my turrets start to have drinking problems xD), and Shift+V don't work on plex doors which is soooo annoying if you try to add logic to big hangar doors...

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    All of the issues you just list are know bugs and being worked on...
    The d1000+damage beam isn't fully completed yet as well possibly a few other combos I've had no problem linking logic to plex as I have a fex massive ships multiple hanger doors... though I have never used a [shift]+V combination before to link... I though it was only "c" to select "V" to link

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Borr your first issue is bug #153 the and the plex issue should have been resolved but I will test this out... since I have never used shif+v what is supposed to happen? group selection? lol I don't think we have "group" grouping...

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I've had no problem linking logic to plex as I have a fex massive ships multiple hanger doors... though I have never used a [shift]+V combination before to link... I though it was only "c" to select "V" to link
    I don't have any problem either, just with Shift+V combination, it's very useful when you want to move your controller to different location.

I have never used shif+v what is supposed to happen? group selection? lol I don't think we have "group" grouping...
    It is connecting controller to compatible array group. Try it yourself, pace weapon computer, antimaters, remove computer and place it again, and reconnect but using Shift+V, and magic will happen :p Veteran players like me know about it ;]

Last edited:
    Reactions: NuclearFun

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ohh yea well, in that case my friend you have found a bug.
    Nope, it's a not-very-well-documented feature. Which Starmade has waaaay too many of. The Tab+# commands, Tab+G, Shift+V, the AI test slash commands (Such as /ai_enter_gravity or whatever it's called), etc.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ghettodexter Ah, that... I didn't read back to the original conversation. Me dum dum.

Reaction score
    I have to say i really love the small changes (to be able to open/close doors in build mode.... ).
    One question regarding balance: I know that the Missile with Beam slave is not working yet, but will there a be minimum threshold of beam arrays needed for missiles becoming smart missiles?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    NuclearFun yes i'm also enjoying that... just hoping thrusters will be added to logic or at least the push effect... by itself it launches ships like warp but needs a massive amount from what I can tell.. each pulse only pushes my ship 1 m/s very slow for a so called warp. Even if it is that slow I'd like to flip a switch and put my ship on cruse control while a walk around and do other things. but I can see a problem with people falling from gravity and loosing their ship to the vastness of space
    *(edit)
    In the process of adjusting the effect properties just to see what happens... I don't know just yet how to add logic to a block but I can increase the amount of effect it puts onto a ship... so this would be a good way to improvise a makeshift warpdrive!!!!

Reaction score
    I have to say i really love the small changes (to be able to open/close doors in build mode.... ).
    One question regarding balance: I know that the Missile with Beam slave is not working yet, but will there a be minimum threshold of beam arrays needed for missiles becoming smart missiles?
    I would guess that more support blocks will mean a shorter lock time or, more likely, a longer lock distance. At least that's how I'd do it.

Reactions: Borr