We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships.

Reaction score
    Are you still thinking of doing a Borg based faction? I know there was one awhile ago, but I haven't seen any activity from them since the new forums. It would be interesting if you ended up on the same server as Starfleet :p
    Absolutely! But it'll have to wait for a while until my fleet is ready and I've got some station design done, also I'll need to find a few other players interested in it, whilst I have confidence that my ships can stand up to a federation onslaught, it would be pretty boring to play multiplayer by myself! :)

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Absolutely! But it'll have to wait for a while until my fleet is ready and I've got some station design done, also I'll need to find a few other players interested in it, whilst I have confidence that my ships can stand up to a federation onslaught, it would be pretty boring to play multiplayer by myself! :)
    hey, as long as you dont cross our borders, we won't destroy to many of your ships :P

Reactions: Dragon2000
    Reaction score
    hey, as long as you dont cross our borders, we won't destroy to many of your ships :p
    Federation vessel detected in grid two-nine-five. Pursue and assimilate. Resistance, is futile.

I would be up for joining a Borg faction
    Cool! I'll post details here also when I'm ready to set things up, wont be too soon though, pretty busy at the moment.

Reaction score
    Federation vessel detected in grid two-nine-five. Pursue and assimilate. Resistance, is futile.

Cool! I'll post details here also when I'm ready to set things up, wont be too soon though, pretty busy at the moment.
    Yeah I figured. I'm working on some borg stuff myself. I'd Loveto work with you some time.

Reaction score
    Yeah there is still a lot of greebling to do, as well as indenting turret sockets and some all around tidying up. Just wanted to give a little preview of what the hull design is based on - and I do say based, because there will be turrets (not giant obnoxious ones sticking out though) and other stuff as well as the armour, that you wouldn't see on a typical Borg vessel, but they need to be added for the ship to actually function in the game.

Also, as a general random update - the AI controlled broadside and rear guns that I had planned will no longer happen, entirely due to me still being somewhat of a Starmade newbie and not knowing you can only have one AI Bobby per ship, and also that it deactivates as soon as you enter the core. The broadsides can still be manned by other players though as well as the pilot flying and operating the main front guns, but the control rooms for them are in a really inconvenient and annoying set up/place because I'd intended them to be AI focused.

The broadside weapons control points will be rebuilt all around the central core area in the Mark II refit, I'm not going to do it for the MKI because I plan to strip out all of the weapons and rebuild the systems when the new patch hits, so it can wait till then, it's just going to be a little annoying to fly as a multiplayer ship until that time, but I'd rather move on with the build and get it finished than scrap a lot of work and rebuild the weapons systems from the ground up now.

But hey, I'm having tons of fun building this one, going slow because I'm really busy at work right now, but it'll get done soonish (hopefully this week!), and I'm sure it's gonna look super cool once it's entirely done! :) Thanks for all the likes, feedback and support <3
    I don't know if you were already planning this, but Gaeasson's version of the Enterprise A has some really cool recessed turrets. I will definitely use his idea when I get around to building more Trek ships.

Reaction score
    I don't know if you were already planning this, but Gaeasson's version of the Enterprise A has some really cool recessed turrets. I will definitely use his idea when I get around to building more Trek ships.
    Yeah I saw that some time ago, the turrets I'm currently working on have a 10x10 face on the surface, but extend 30 blocks back into a recess in the hull behind it, allowing a nice amount of power, but little visible "noise".

Reaction score
    :D One of my favourite trek episodes of all time, I love any eps where the Borg get screen time, specially the combat, but this one was just awesome.

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    Time for another random project screenshot! This is my "Multikinetic Weapons Platform", a turret I created for use on capital sized Borg Cubes. Inspired by the turrets on Gaeasson's version of the Enterprise A, it is aesthetically designed to sit neatly into a recess in the ships hull, with only the top two layers above the hull surface, creating no obnoxious shapes jutting out, and adding a cool Borg architecture effect to the outside when viewed in the at rest position. Probably going to rework the front end as I'm not sure it really fits with the main body, but you will barely ever see that anyway. Status of project build is ~70% complete.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    NOOOOOOOOO, A DOOMCUBE :(

Just kidding, it looks awesome XD. I don't mind sexy cubes like this one.

Reaction score
    Another side of the tactical cube style armour is all bolted on! :) The green-lit hull recesses are sockets for the turrets I posted above, still a lot of random greebly work to do, but I'm getting all the armour on first! I'm close enough now to finishing I can actually see the end :O Still have to perfect my fighter design when I'm done though.. and then spawn in 80 of them to dock up in the internal hangar. >.<

Price of this ship is going to be insane btw because of all the hardened hull I'm using, will probably post up a slightly stripped down internally version also that's actually buyable in a normal game, because I doubt this finished product will cost less than 2b as it stands now, already at 1.6b.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    So since my current build is approaching it's final stage of brush ups (main super-structure is finished, weapons, and energy systems finalised - just little decorative jobs to be done) I've decided to give you guys the choice of my next big Borg ship build. I have 3 cool ideas in mind to choose from - keep in mind I will build all 3 of them eventually, but you get to choose which one I do first! :)

Since I can't figure out how to create a poll in an already existing thread, I've made this Strawpoll for you to vote on. I'll leave it up until next weekend (Saturday 7th June) when I'll begin the new ship construction.

Here are some pictures of the ships I'm drawing inspiration from, to give you an idea of what they will look like.

The Borg Diamond "Queen Ship" Roles: Fleet Command, Ultra-Heavy Assault

The STO Borg Command Ship, Roles: Fleet Command, Super-Carrier, Ultra-Heavy Assault

The STO Borg Tactical Siege Cube, Roles: Planetary Assault/Dropship, Resource Logistics, Carrier, Super-Heavy Assault

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I would be interested to see how the command ship translates into starmade, but I think it should wait if you do plan on doing a faction, as it will almost definitely be over the credit limit so you wouldn't be able to use it otherwise :)

Reactions: Dragon2000
    Reaction score
    I would be interested to see how the command ship translates into starmade, but I think it should wait if you do plan on doing a faction, as it will almost definitely be over the credit limit so you wouldn't be able to use it otherwise :)
    Yeah, my current build is already breaching the credit limit, my solution is just to strip out some of the internal hardened hull decoration to get it below, and add it back in on a multi-player server.

The problem is I prefer to build these huge projects on Sandbox single-player, since gathering the sheer amount of materials required for them on a server would take an insane amount of time.

For these 3 big builds I'll be flipping my build strategy around and construction an empty hull to start with, that should be able to keep it under the limit, and then I can add internal systems after buying the hull in a multi-player game. I have given this a fair amount of thought, actually.

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Yeah, my current build is already breaching the credit limit, my solution is just to strip out some of the internal hardened hull decoration to get it below, and add it back in on a multi-player server.

The problem is I prefer to build these huge projects on Sandbox single-player, since gathering the sheer amount of materials required for them on a server would take an insane amount of time.

For these 3 big builds I'll be flipping my build strategy around and construction an empty hull to start with, that should be able to keep it under the limit, and then I can add internal systems after buying the hull in a multi-player game. I have given this a fair amount of thought, actually.
    Fair enough, although once you get a faction setup with factories, it isnt hard to get the materials required. It is just a matter of making sure the factory is topped up (Which is what faction minions members are for) :)

Reaction score
    My Borg carrier vessel is now entirely finished! Yay! It's been named the Dominance Class Hiveship, uploading just after I post this, along with the turrets and fighter blueprints. :) Here's a couple of pictures.

The pirates commandeered one of my smaller Borg cubes, and foolishly attacked the Hiveship with it! Prompty got swarmed by my AI fighers and bombarded with torpedoes and AMC batteries from the Dominance turrets. Didn't end well for the poor pirates!