We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships.

Reaction score

We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

Hello everyone! As a huge fan of the Star Trek franchise and considering the Borg to be well up there with the top enemies of all time, across any sci-fi universe - I've decided to create a fleet of Borg-inspired vessels in Starmade.

I will start by developing a vessel to meet each basic role within the Starmade universe; defense, offense, salvaging, logistics, electronic warfare, scouting and finally carriers (or hive ships as i'll call them). Apart from the carrier class of ships, these will all be relatively small compared to what you might expect from the Borg, later on I will also begin construction of a much larger class of ships incorporating multiple roles into the same hull.

In addition to the fleet, I also have a much larger project planned - to recreate (realistically speaking, wont be 100% accurate for obvious reasons) the massive, sprawling Unicomplex seen in the final episodes of the Star Trek: Voyager series, complete with linked stations, transwarp apertures, multiple sized dry docks, and modular replaceable drone cubes linking the multiple structures together. It will be an enormous project, no doubt. Too bad we don't have giant nebula's to build it in!

I also have a long term plan, once I get more comfortable with the game, building and multiplayer servers in general, to maybe create a faction based on the Borg Collective. Might even be a fun RP experience to create some inter-factional warfare between a Starfleet or other Federation based factions and the Borg.

Please remember most importantly, that this fleet I'm creating is for my own personal interpretation of a Borg Collective, and not meant to be 100% canon to the Star Trek series/movies in terms of looks, ship functionality and size - though I will aim to be accurate enough for them to be unmistakably Borg.

Everything I make will be available for public download, and can be used in any way the player wishes, I only ask that you credit me in the description of any content you put out that drew inspiration from my builds, such as videos or your own ship designs.

Thanks for reading! Here is a list of my progress so far.

The concept of pre-building core vessels for my Borg Cube-ships has been retired, I didn't feel it gave me enough customisation or space availability options going forward.

Shield Cube
    MKI
    Complete - Outdated Design

Assault Cube
    MKI

Borg Combat Probe
    MKI

Assimilated Isanth Type-Zero
    Under Construction ~95% Complete

Multikinetic Weapons Platform
    MKI

Graviton Pulse Cannon
    MKI

Isokinetic Burst Platform
    MKI

Nadeon Beam System
    MKI

Ablative Armour Plate
    MKI - MKII - MKIII

Vortex Class
    MKI - MKII
    Complete

Unnamed Bomber
    Under Construction ~50% Complete

Immortal Class
    MKI - MKII

Assimilator Class
    MKI - MKII
    Under Construction ~20% Complete

Invasion Class
    MKI

Dominance Class
    MKI

Unnamed Command Ship
    Under Construction ~5% Complete

Unnamed Flagship
    Planning Stages

Unnamed Ultra-Heavy Assault Ship
    Under Construction ~5% Complete

Borg Unicomplex
    Planning Stages

Borg Homeworld
    Planning Stages

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Very cool!
    There used to be a Starfleet/Federation faction, but they haven't moved from the old site, so I expect that they've disintegrated. Maybe I'll start one once finals are over. I would be on board for a Trek Universe RP Server, so please keep us updated as to what server you want to play on.
    And I really like your designs thus far. Once you get to bigger cubes it will probably be a lot easier to develop the pipe-y scaffolding that was on the outsides of the cubes.
    Keep building, and do the galaxy a favor: don't side with the Dominion...

Reactions: Vakna
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.

No

The only decent one is that Assimilator class, because it actually looks like a Borg Cube. All the others are just flat cubes. At least try and make them look like actual Borg ships instead of a stupid cube.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, all of those look flat and uninspired, to be polite.

Reaction score
    Incap ltmauve If you'd actually read their description, you'd see the flat untextured ones are core ships not designed to be flown as they are, but as a core for a specific series to be built around, I'm just releasing anything I make so that other people can play around with them if they so wish.

Thank for the polite comments, though. :)

scagjmboy45 Thanks bro, I'm pretty busy with work for the next 6 weeks, and wont have access to the internet for a week after tomorrow, so I'm just focusing on constructing my fleet at the moment! Would be really cool to set up some Trek Universe RP server sometime though.

Thadius Faran Not up to day on Stargate lore, only watched some few episodes an a film some good 5 years or more ago! Regardless, I'm not building these things out of some god-fetish, just because the Borg always give me the chills, really cool villains. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Incap ltmauve If you'd actually read their description, you'd see the flat untextured ones are core ships not designed to be flown as they are, but as a core for a specific series to be built around, I'm just releasing anything I make so that other people can play around with them if they so wish.
    ...So, the Immortal-class, which is marked "complete" and not a core ship, isn't designed to be flown as it is? Then don't mark it as complete. (Or add the necessary greebling to the outside so it's not just a glorified modular-doomcube in a frame.

Reaction score
    @lthirahad That one was an experiment, one that I don't feel is very suiting, will most likely be completely changed in the MKII version (or improved, I kinda like the sleek outer frame, but it needs something more).

Honestly don't see the issue with them anyway, if people don't like my work, no need to waste their time posting in my thread! Rather not have it filled with cube haters when I've clearly outlined what exactly I'm doing here. :)

As I've said multiple times, I'm no artist, and as I write in every single ship release and in this thread's OP, this fleet is for my own personal interpretation of a Borg collective, and not meant to be 100% canon to the Trek universe.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    @lthirahad That one was an experiment, one that I don't feel is very suiting, will most likely be completely changed in the MKII version (or improved, I kinda like the sleek outer frame, but it needs something more).

Honestly don't see the issue with them anyway, if people don't like my work, no need to waste their time posting in my thread! Rather not have it filled with cube haters when I've clearly outlined what exactly I'm doing here. :)

As I've said multiple times, I'm no artist, and as I write in every single ship release and in this thread's OP, this fleet is for my own personal interpretation of a Borg collective, and not meant to be 100% canon to the Trek universe.
    Nobody likes Cubes here. The issue being that they take very little effort to make and are overpowered. Not being an artist isn't an excuse. I've seen plenty of people try and create something well built and unique, and while they might not succeed, they have atleast tried. I have no problem with people making Borg ships, hell the ones you've posted that actually look like Borg ships look just fine, but when you post a flat cube for download and call it complete, it really gets under my skin.

Reaction score
    Incap Sucks to be you then I guess, I'm not going to stop enjoying what I'm doing based on the fact that people don't like a shape. If I don't like someone's work, I don't waste effort calling them out on it, I just ignore it. If I was trying to create something unique it wouldn't have the word Borg in it. Constructive criticism is nice, but posts that basically say "That looks bad, you should feel bad" are really just flame bait.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Incap Sucks to be you then I guess, I'm not going to stop enjoying what I'm doing based on the fact that people don't like a shape. If I don't like someone's work, I don't waste effort calling them out on it, I just ignore it. If I was trying to create something unique it wouldn't have the word Borg in it. Constructive criticism is nice, but posts that basically say "That looks bad, you should feel bad" are really just flame bait.
    Since when was critique considered flame bait? Did you even pay attention to what I said? I said I LIKED the ships that actually look like the Borg ships. I'm criticizing the release of flat cubes as completed ships.

But hey! Apparently criticism is now flame bait.

Okay, but how about this. Not all Borg ships are cubes. Here's a Borg Command ship:

A Borg Probe

A Borg Sphere (which are docked inside of the Cubes)

And a Borg Tactical Cube ( a cube, I know, but an INTERESTING one)

Don't get defensive just because I'm saying you should apply a little more effort into making them look like Borg ships. You do yourself no favours that way. I'm the residential critic here. Especially of ships that take no effort to make.

Reaction score
    Incap The Borg command ship is from the game STO I believe and doesn't actually exist within the Star Trek universe, it defies pretty much everything about the Borg culture-wise, but does look pretty cool, granted. The other three designs I actually already have plans for in my multitude of ships I have yet to finish! There was also the Diamond shaped one that I have pretty cool plans for. :)

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    The Invasion is very Green! I like :)

Incap I believe the purpose of releasing the flat Cube is simply so others can use it as a basis for their borg things. Besides don't most factions purposefully hunt down cubes? It's a waste of time attacking him when that ship always goes under the hood of the ships like Invasion.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Incap The Borg command ship is from the game STO I believe and doesn't actually exist within the Star Trek universe, it defies pretty much everything about the Borg culture-wise, but does look pretty cool, granted.
    That is from STO, and it's a borrowed design from - I haven't watched any of the ST movies but - I believe... V'ger?
    The other three designs I actually already have plans for in my multitude of ships I have yet to finish! There was also the Diamond shaped one that I have pretty cool plans for. :)
    Ah, the ACTUAL Borg command ship... I'd really like to see that in this game.

Reaction score
    Yeah the Diamond one is technically the command ship, but that is only because it houses a queen, Borg don't actually need a command ship at all since they are all connected via a hivemind.

I've decided to add the command ship from STO/V'ger to my list as well because I couldn't get it out of my head all day thinking about cool stuff to do with it. :D It's a really nice design and I think it'd go great in Starmade. Might have to scale it down a little bit though since it's actual dimensions say 8500m long.. Thanks for that suggestion Incap.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Can I just say that STO is canon. there is no denying it. it is like calling the films non-canon because they are not the TV series.

And beautiful cube, it actually looks like a borg cube, but I see where Incap is coming from because we have seen many borg cubes, it would be better received if you built an interior with alcoves and stuff :)

Reaction score
    therimmer96 I will! But that will be for the bigger ones, these smaller vessels are built purely for performance in their selective role.