We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    My Borg carrier vessel is now entirely finished! Yay! It's been named the Dominance Class Hiveship, uploading just after I post this, along with the turrets and fighter blueprints. :) Here's a couple of pictures.

The pirates commandeered one of my smaller Borg cubes, and foolishly attacked the Hiveship with it! Prompty got swarmed by my AI fighers and bombarded with torpedoes and AMC batteries from the Dominance turrets. Didn't end well for the poor pirates!

Holy... That thing is immense... I think that it would literally cause my computer to DETONATE if I tried to load the entire thing.

Reactions: Vakna
    Reaction score
    Holy... That thing is immense... I think that it would literally cause my computer to DETONATE if I tried to load the entire thing.
    And just think, it's only around 8% of the size of a full scale tactical cube. xD

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    And just think, it's only around 8% of the size of a full scale tactical cube. xD
    Heh... It looks to be several times the size of a planet. That's sufficient. No need for a 1:1 model. :P

Reaction score
    I wanted to share some size details actually for my completed and future planned builds so you can get some perspective.

My smaller old single role cubes are all between 50-70m ^3.

The just released Dominance Class carrier is 250-270m ^3 at it's widest points.

Planned build Borg Diamond "Queen Ship" will be around 500-600m ^3 at it's widest points, though the main "meat" of the ship will be somewhat smaller, sitting in the middle of the diamond superstructure.

The massive Siege Cube will be roughly 700-800m ^3 at it's widest points (triple the volume of the Dominance), and I say roughly because the hull of that ship is somewhat skeletal and has pretty heavy deviations from the relative smoothness of standard Borg vessels.

And the biggest of them all, and I'm not even sure how well this is going to turn out, but hey, why not, right? The Borg Command ship will be an absolutely colossal 1200-1600m long (ideally 1600 but may need to be scaled down for performance reasons), and have a cylindrical diameter of 300m. Due to the large spikes in the center of that ship, the actual H/W will be around 500, but only those spikes will actually be taking up the space outside of the 300m cylinder.

Keep those rough stats in mind if you think the Dominance was big. :P

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    With the sheild turrets, are they simply sheilded hard hull?

Reaction score
    With the sheild turrets, are they simply sheilded hard hull?
    The ones used by the Immortal you mean? At the moment they are literally just shield blocks surrounding a 3^3 reactor, though they'll be getting a redesign during the 0.15 weapons refit. They just exist to take fire away from the main body and give the main shields regeneration time.

Reaction score
    After the update I'll also upload the turret blueprints for all ships. :)

Reaction score
    Hey guys, just a small update to tell you where I am with builds at the moment.

With long work hours at the moment I've only just this morning been able to download the newest Starmade version and check it out, this weekend I'll be focusing on upgrading all my older builds to MK-II variants with all the new goodies brought in with the patch, as well as in some cases some pretty heavy aesthetic changes (Immortal Class is getting a complete revamp).

Next weekend, around June 13th I'll be joining the Elwyn Eternity server (sm.elwyneternity.com:4242), and starting some pre-emptive work on my epic Borg Homeworld idea. Essentially covering an entire dodecahedral planet in Borg structures, cities and such, doing a complete "assimilation".

So, if anyone is interested in playing a Borg faction (I'll say again, you don't need to use my ships, but any you do fly must be at least Borg themed), now would be the time to let me know, and we'll set something up next weekend. Also, Starfleet faction plays on this server, so there will be some cool RP/factional warfare experiences in the future, assuming they are interested! :D

Anyway, there's also been a pretty major update to the first post, outlining my future plans and a re-haul of my construction philosophy, check it out if you're interested! :)

Peace out, and remember, resistance is futile!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hey guys, just a small update to tell you where I am with builds at the moment.

With long work hours at the moment I've only just this morning been able to download the newest Starmade version and check it out, this weekend I'll be focusing on upgrading all my older builds to MK-II variants with all the new goodies brought in with the patch, as well as in some cases some pretty heavy aesthetic changes (Immortal Class is getting a complete revamp).

Next weekend, around June 13th I'll be joining the Elwyn Eternity server (sm.elwyneternity.com:4242), and starting some pre-emptive work on my epic Borg Homeworld idea. Essentially covering an entire dodecahedral planet in Borg structures, cities and such, doing a complete "assimilation".

So, if anyone is interested in playing a Borg faction (I'll say again, you don't need to use my ships, but any you do fly must be at least Borg themed), now would be the time to let me know, and we'll set something up next weekend. Also, Starfleet faction plays on this server, so there will be some cool RP/factional warfare experiences in the future, assuming they are interested! :D

Anyway, there's also been a pretty major update to the first post, outlining my future plans and a re-haul of my construction philosophy, check it out if you're interested! :)

Peace out, and remember, resistance is futile!
    Please make them all have Green damage beams, and green shotgun-pull beams :D

Reaction score
    Due to this problem, looks like I am on an indefinite break from the game until such time it starts working for me again. :\

EDIT: Fixed! :)

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Can you make a Borg Isanth? Would be nice and I could add it to my Isanth Pack!

Reaction score
    The new core area for the Immortal Class MK-II and the other smaller Borg ships, since these vessels are a little too small for epic looking builds, I'm keeping it relatively simple. I decided to move away from the concept of pre-building core-ships since this way gives me more room for uniqueness and customisation between ship types.

For the larger Borg ships I want to expand it to look something like this.

Reaction score
    Decoration for a corridor leading to the core room inside one of my Borg ships, too much random stuff in the walls? Need some Hull blocks instead? Too much metal grills used? What do you guys think. I tried to go for the general "random shit in all the walls everywhere" kind of set up you typically see in Borg machinery.

I'm thinking it's okay, just maybe a little too bright, perhaps removing some of the white lights and adding a green one here and there would help the atmosphere.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Decoration for a corridor leading to the core room inside one of my Borg ships, too much random stuff in the walls? Need some Hull blocks instead? Too much metal grills used? What do you guys think. I tried to go for the general "random shit in all the walls everywhere" kind of set up you typically see in Borg machinery.

I'm thinking it's okay, just maybe a little too bright, perhaps removing some of the white lights and adding a green one here and there would help the atmosphere.

It is too bright, I assume that is because of the build mode lighten button. Turn it off so we can get an accurate view :)

Reaction score
    No that's actually natural light, no light mode checked xD

I assumed it would be a bit too bright yeah, I will remove some of the white lights. What's your opinion on the general random machinery in the walls? Too much or?

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8

Remove all of the white lights, replace them with power tank blocks and the occasional yellow or green light, and make the metal grilles less overly... regular. Also, some of the decorative blocks can go; replace them with things like power tanks and hexagonal metal meshes. Here, have a google. https://www.google.com/search?q=Borg interior&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OvGWU-jeJseG8gHkhYHgBQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=952