VFW Ship Design Contest! A winner is YOU!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    SECOND ENTRY!

this is my second entry, includes:

• 5 turrets
    • heavy amc system
    • anti-ship torpedo launcher
    • super large acceleration

link to pics can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/BUGCD

(the second ship is NOTHING :P)

ill once again PM you the download vec.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Ahh, i wish this contest was for bigger ships :(

i made this because i had such a good time making small yellow/black ships so i made a big yellow/black ship

sadly, it cant go into this competition :(but it still looks awesome! its name is the Xion heavy missile cruiser (you probably see why)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I hate to be that guy but this is probably the saddest display of ships I\'ve seen our of all the extraordinary ships here. Just seems like a way for you to harvest the ideas of others and yet fit them with your own original design. But what do I know.

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/node/10060

Here is my entry, the screenshots are contained in a link on the actual download thing as a link, to keep this post small and clean. If that link in there fails for some reason: http://sta.sh/2n2yknyf87q?edit=1 Here is the same link.

Reaction score
    According to Yhgi, it looked like Falcor\'s head. So that what I called it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ye, that one looks really good. I think it represents the VFW more than most of the other entrys here, while also having a unique design.

Reaction score
    I do have a contest entry, but it\'s not really ready to upload yet and I won\'t be able to work on it for a while. Doesn\'t matter really; looks like shat.

Reaction score
    Congratulations! You\'ve achieved \"that guy\" status! We know you didn\'t want to, but you still made a conscious decision to take some amount of time out of your day to achieve that favored title and we\'d like to recognize that here, today.

We sincerely thank you for belittling the efforts of those here. We know you didn\'t want to do so, but, being the brave, heroic victim of circumstance you are, we understand you were compelled by forces outside of your control. It\'s not like you CHOSE to be a virtuoso-level pork flautist about it. The universe chose that for you. Thank you for having the ethical fortitude to speak out.

Please look forward to me harvesting the ideas and design aesthetics of the contest participants in my next series of ships: The Vecordean Fleetworks Customer Ripoff Jamboree: The Writer Prophecies.

It seems you know a lot! You troubled genius. You prognosticator extrodinaire. You oracular saint. You diviner of destinies.

In recognition for your brave and not at all snide, demeaning, and pretentious act, we offer you a lifetime supply of vouchers, redeemable for day-long bouts of consensual psuedo-copulation with any of these fine thread commenters:

1) Writer

End of List.

Enjoy!

Reaction score
    The Tyrion MK-I Corvette is less of a corvette and more of a heavy fighter. It is armed with four light AMC batteries, a D-1000 missile launcher and a single light turret to allow for a 360 degree firing arc, as well as a modest shield capacity.

The Tyrion Corvette\'s strengths come from its small size, its speed and its ability to punch through hardened hull with ease. It is also able to engage smaller strike-craft in dogfights, though it may be less maneuverable than a dedicated fighter. This corvette is a well-rounded ship, capable of engaging capital ships and strike craft alike, though when engaging the former a supporting fleet is a necessity. It may also serve as a short-ranged patrol craft.

Given its small size, interior space has been sacrificed to accomodate for ship modules, allowing it to support shields, thrusters and AMC fire similtaneously without power drain while tormenting pilots who suffer from claustrophobia.

It is also worth noting that the D-1000 missile array on the underside is designed to be easily replaced with a salvage array, power-drain beams or whatever else is needed at the time. Such replacements are easily carried out by an unskilled workforce consisting almost entirely of space-canaries - albeit thousands of them.

Download

4x AMC stats

Physical Stats

Top-Back

Underside-Front

Reaction score
    Its cool to see a refit of my mining ship, I will now use this as a time to advertise my mining corperation. For anyone who\'s interested, you can get that ship and many others here: http://star-made.org/content/orbital-drilling-corperation

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Nice work everyone, I\'ve downloaded a few of these and repainted them for my own use as some of the design styles look great and different from alot of other ships out there. I personally perfer these types of pratical ships over the massive and useless eye candy ships that Writer apparently prefers. It\'s good to see a community come together for a bit on something like this, great work Vec.

Reaction score
    I\'m watching your progress with interest! Nice to see how the design\'s evolving.

Reaction score
    Nice to see your different takes on the VFW aesthetic. Definitely comin\' along. :)