Vecordean Fleetworks

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m finding that I can\'t let those VFW tripple shooters go, I use them on several ships including non VFW designs. The new quad guns are nice but don\'t flow as well with some of the ships in my opinion. The tripples aren\'t the best but with their own power and shields they are fine for what they are.

I can\'t wait to get my hands on the Dissonance. My two cents on it though so far it\'s great but with the extra bulk in armor it looks stubby? with a short front section.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah I too prefer the domed turret look. Most docking ports can be expanded easily to accept the old three shooters or you can also cut one block from each barrel and it will fit on a single docking mount. The Ensemble refit I did keeps all but 4 of it\'s original guns

I love making turrets and today I prototyped a *NEW* Heavy Three Shooter. It\'s one meter taller, uses my patented duel computer core design which packs more firepower into a tight area but is unsuited for human interface.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Which is why I\'m offering the support of the Solaris Combine Shipwerks to get her up to snuff. I\'ll let you know when the refit is complete, and send you the blueprint for your approval.

Reaction score
    Our truth-enhancement algorithims are a bit wonky it seems! We\'ve spent some time on Cybertooths\' excellent design. If he gives the go-ahead, we\'ll show some glorious teaser pics.

Oh! And we brought presents! This should help up customer satisfaction.

Reaction score
    We heard back from both Cybertooth and Yhgi117!

There\'s still work yet to do on both designs, but we can at least show you some marketing shots, yeah?

Here\'s Yhgi117\'s croissant ship! We smoothed out the forward hull a bit, gave it two drives and moved them to either side, gave the hull a proper forward split, and added an underside hangar bay (which needs some touching up still). It\'s been reclassed as the Lyre.

Here\'s a top-down view for ya! Our idea was to make this a sort of heavily armored combat tug for recovery missions, but found the role to be too dynamic for the current simulation engine. It\'s quite easy to simply replace the central rear antenna with a long chain of docking enhancers with a dock at the end, sort of like a tow cable. Only we can\'t set it up to retract it for you. This is both a moral and a spiritual failing on our part.

Next is the redo of Cybertooth\'s corvette, which we rechristened as the Bolero class. Same as before: Smoothed out the hull some, touched up the paint job, and futzed about on the insides. This one requires another hour or two of work to be finished up, but the outside\'s mostly done. You can see the engine from the Dissonance class behind it.

Keen eyes will spot an odd hole on the underside hull. That\'s where the Fathawk torpedos live. Here\'s another shot to give you an idea of its lines. This one\'s turning out real nice. In the lower-left of the picture you can see the engine for some class of ship or another, but I can\'t tell which one it is since I cannot read.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    UCS beat me to it. And since our refits were practically identical, I won\'t bother to upload mine.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I think I\'m going to have to slap a few of these bad-boys on some of the VFW ships in my collection. They fit on any solo docking port so make they\'ll make a great support alternative to the quad shooters. You\'ll still need regular turrets for their DPS VS sheilds though.

Two of these plus three less powerfull turrets on my Gunship blew the hell out of an Isanth VII

Reaction score
    The Lyre\'s available now! Again, HUGE THANKS to Yhgi117 for the excellent base design, which wheve\' also linked in the catalog post! You can snag it here, too!

The Bolero\'s functionally finished as well and just awaithing final approval from Cybertooth.

Reaction score
    Cybertooth\'s excellent entry has finally completed its long and arduous journey to the VFW Interdimensional Ship Absorption and Repurposement Cloaca and has been sent to our mundane machining yards. It\'s available here!

Reaction score
    I have been hard at work on all three ships, plus another three I started the outer hulls for. I do intend to put them all up for download once I am finished installing the internals and combat testing them. My goal is to have a new line of ships from Light fighter, to Destroyer/Cruiser built in the same color/style...

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Tonight my destroyer left space dock and is to begin combat trials. The only ship I have access to worthy of fighting is of course the Nocturne HDE (refit and ready for combat of course). She put up a good fight but alas was no match for finely tuned UCC hardware, at least not at the hands of the AI.

This is my second time fighting the Nocturne and those main guns still scare the hell out of me even with a much more capable ship under my feet. The dang things are sniper rifles and because all of my weapons are tuned for damage I have nothing that is capable of engaging the Nocturne at the ranges she is capable of so I had to charge in head long guns blazing.

*Warning* Gratutious graphic Image of Violence against a beautiful ship

Reaction score
    I apologize heartily, Yhgi117. This is the second time my lack of care in observing your name has been an offense. I have corrected the spelling in as many places as I can find it. You deserved better than what we gave you and you called us on it. We can only vow to be more circumspect as time goes by.

Check under your pillow for a coupon for 15% off of any fine VFW branded merchandise as our way of saying \"Sorry\" and also \"Plz bai moar stuff\".

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I recently had an engagement against a nocturne, sadly my dreadnaught (nameless convention) Eidolon\'s turrets got VERY trigger happy, sixteen of my medium turrets reduced the very attractive ship to drifting rubble in less than a second, considering most ships don\'t last one salvo I would go so far as to say the Nocturne is an amazingly engineered vessel, well done.

Reaction score
    We\'ll be posting Aerzaals\' upgrade/refit tomorrow during our voluminous free time between fielding VFW complaint calls and/or laughing. We like it more than our original design, as a matter of fact.

But, being a mono-attentive pre-fabbed being, I spent my free time tonight poking through the engineering archives. I accessed the secret Dissonance files and then stole them*! Take a peek at how it\'s coming along.

VFW Engineering drones and lay engineering enthusiasts have often been a bit flummoxed with what to do with the undersides of our ships. The answer is clear: Put a proper door there because those crappy, tiny side-mounted doors are a bit ridiculous, no? Here\'s the primary personnel access.

Step inside and take a right. This leads to the bridge and gunnary control areas. The armored, three-man bridge is inside the central door. Turret controls for the Dissonance\'s yet unreleased Medium Turrets are on either side. Behind is the cargo deck, but that\'s not finished yet.

Take the door on the left, there, and it\'ll take us to reactor control. Glowing Mystery Effluvia Jam is being exposed to various science things to help generate power/cancer!

Through reactor control are maintenance bays and a ramp leading up the primary crew deck. Rumor has it the maintenance bays are filled with naught but duct tape and cheap oils, but that is simply not true. Our corporate suit-lords would never spend the money required.

Taking the ramp up leads to the uncompleted kitchen/mess area and, what do we see here? A familiar green light near a door. What could that possibly be?

Oh! One of those crazy sinks humans need for their excretions. It\'s shameful that you do that, by the way. Our own corporate suit-beings consume love and excrete murder. Far more efficient. Taking a near by door leads to the crew quarters. Gone are the Dirge\'s mean bunks. Instead, we get two double suites with a few more planned. Nice digs. Better than you probably deserve.

Nice work, guys! Still, the Dissonance is only a Frigate, and there can\'t be much more room to work with, right? Well, this is a shot taken from on top of the bridge. I think we\'ve got space to spare.

We\'ve constantly been improving our methods and we intend to step up our game considerably (at dear cost to your wallet, we assure you). Stay tuned, as always, dearest customers.

*by \"stolen\" he means \"was handed them by the Marketing drones\". -JVVFW

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    since you leaked the fantail pic i\'ve been wanting to get my claws into this thing. Only a frigate, though? I thought for sure we\'d get a cruiser soon.