Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What do you think? Feasible?

Engines - the part to be replaced in a refit scenario:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I find it awesome that your logo isn\'t actually too far in design from my secondary school\'s emblem, which was a yellowy triple headed phoenix on a black background.

Reaction score
    It\'s too good! If you sell it, it will surely drive yellowtanium prices EVEN FURTHER up through the roof.

You will RUIN us, sir. RUIN US.

ER...Unless you signed a lucrative licensing contract! Yes! That would be acceptable, we think.

Reaction score
    Aerzaal and his Solaris Combine Shipwerks have done a bang-up job updating the Nocturne. They fixed all the turrets, added an underside cargo bay, a secondary shield system to protect the bridge, and replaced many of the smaller 3-shooters with quartets and their own CWIS turrets.

It\'s available HERE and also on the OP!

Reaction score
    The Dissonance represents the next step forward in VFW design. Lessons were learned. Paradigms shifted. The sexy was returned.

The inside\'s nearly done and the outside seems pretty solid. Take a look at the updated look.

You\'ll notice a few things have changed since we last saw the outside. The upper, and largely ornamental, observation deck has been removed. The smooth tower that sits in its place contains advanced communications and sensor gear. Or it would if we knew how to construct such things. I think we put some packing peanuts in there as a place holder.

Here\'s a close-up of the new medium turret. It\'s larger and far more potent than the older model, being a single high-powered GMEJ-augmented rail gun rather than a couple of rogue orphans locked in a small box and armed with pellet guns. Oh the care-free days of our corporate youth.

Here you can see the docking bay where the Dissonance\'s OD/I lives. The bay doors are retracted at the moment, but any sufficiently small ship should be able to dock here. There\'s a door on the other side so the bay can be accessed from within as well.

We touched up the noble Wingy Thing (tm) a bit and niced up black armor cap on the MK II Fantails. Big thanks go to BlizzardOfOz123 the Royal Equestrian Shipyards and Apoapsis Fleetworks for the tech, by the way. We procured one of their vessels using our most corporate of espionages only to find a note inside that said \"Hey, VFW. Don\'t steal our ships. Plus, do this to make your engines better you crap-merchants.\" along with some schematics.

Lastly a pic of the upper tower. It\'s nice. The observation decks were kind of awkward for a lot of reasons and I\'m glad to be rid of them. Thanks again to drs93 for being an inspiration here.

Our Anthem Cruiser is still being worked on, folks, but the design needs to have a bit of an overhaul. The Dissonance and the Mk 2 Nocturne will be the testbeds where I try to work out the new design elements and general design aesthetic we\'re shooting for.

If all goes well, we should have this one ready to go by tomorrow at any rate. Have a nice day, folks and think of us as fondly as we think of all your sweet, sweet money.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The Dissonance looks sexy as usually, I can\'t wait to get my hands on it and my server will continue having severe lag problems due to me stock piling all the VFW ships in a single location.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Those turrets look amazing, as do the armored Fantails. I kind of miss the old observation deck, though. Still, if this is the quality I have to compete against, I\'ve got my workd cut out for me.

Reaction score
    Oooh, looks good. I wonder if your medium and my Super-Heavy turrets have comparable firepower? They\'re about the same size.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Loving the new medium gun, it, and the whole ship overall, look alot tougher now.

Reaction score
    A small matter has come to my attention. It require some time to resolve. We will keep you posted.

Reaction score
    It will be a few days yet before the Skjarggbarn of Legend greets us.

In the interrim, go and buy a Dissonance.

Reaction score
    We suppose we could have put a \"decorative cap\" on them instead, but then the lasers and/or missiles would have blown those off.

Reaction score
    Research done by Earth Authority in this universe shows that lasers and missiles, in fact, pass through their parent spacecraft. It\'s disconcerting, but it worked fine for the Nyx.

Anyhoo, here\'s our refit of the Octet class carrier:

Things that are different about it are listed on the EA screenshots thread, but some are noticable in this picture. Spot the difference!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Awesome ship Vec, I repainted it but haven\'t battle tested it yet. Even though you renamed it, I still look at is as an up-armored assault Dirge.

Reaction score
    We are \"glad\" that someone finally found a use for that old hull and the countless bodies we had stuffed inside of it.

Reaction score
    Nothing too amazing.

Here are some pictures from the shipyards.

This looks like the MK II Nocturne hull. I was curious about where the Glowing Mystery Effluvia Jam Damage Orphanizer Projector went.

Oh! There it is. Huh...

I guess that makes sense if the Ensemble\'s supposed to be a split-hull carrier. The MKII there, is considerably beefier than the MK 1 and is amost 50 M longer. It\'s supposed to pack fewer defensive turrets in favor of...let\'see...mutliple dual Viper light rail gun emplacements. Huh! Good to see we\'re gonna use those. The main armament\'s supposed to be some sort of up-scaled rail gun turret. We\'ll see how it goes!