Titan class ship building contest!

Should the Best Design be chosen by me or by a vote from all of you guys in which I just tiebreak?

• Chosen by just me

Votes: 20 29.4%
    • Chosen by you guys with me tiebreaking

Votes: 48 70.6%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Shipwrights! Get out your sketchboards, notepads, and engineering paper and get ready. I challenge you to build the best Titan Class ship that you can.

For anyone who does not know, a Titan Class ship is a battleship made of 100,000+ mass.

This contest will have 7 different winner categories.

The categories are:

Strongest (damage output per minute, now remember, this could either be slow firing-high damage or fast firing-low damage)

Longest attack range (I'm hoping for some serious BVR capabilities, BVR-beyond view range)

Strongest Shields (pure amount and regen speed both factor in)

Fastest ship (think of it as a space bound drag race between skyscrapers, this doesn't include warping but if there are two ships with identical speeds and one has warp capability the one with warping wins)

Most maneuverable (aka whichever ship can turn the fastest)

Best design (this is to whoever can make the coolest looking ship)

Overall winner (this is the award for the best ship, a ship with a perfect balance between all of these things, a ship that looks pretty, and packs one hell of a punch)

Now, I'm sorry but there are no actual rewards from this contest, just bragging rights and the chance to show off some damn cool craft.

Your submissions can be made via private messaging me with the subject line "Titan class ship submission". If you post it in the thread there is no guarantee I will see it. Also, there is no guarantee I will reply to your private message, but that doesn't mean I didn't get it.

*Edit* You also need to have the name of the ship. If you have any pictures of it or specs on it that would also be very appreciated.

Ships must be submitted by Friday, December 19th. In case you are wondering that isn't some arbitrary date, I'm a student and that is the last day before winter break for me.

I will attempt to have a winner by Sunday, January 4th (the last day of winter break) but depending on the number of ships and the fact that they are fricken titans that may not happen.

One other thing, if you send me a ship that is literally just a massive block of thrusters, or shield units, or etc. simply because you want to dominate a single category, I will hate you for it, and not accept the ship. Please don't do it. That bores me, it is stupid and effortless and can be done by anyone with the time.

I reserve the right to deny any ship entry, but you will be notified if your ship is denied and the reason.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Shipwrights, time to get to work!

"You can't take the sky from me..."

P.S. I may enter a ship in this contest depending on whether or not I get time to build one. In the interest of fairness, any ship I enter will be unqualified for winning either the overall or best design categories as those categories are based on opinion. It is however fair for me to enter in the other categories because they are solid, quantifiable, statistics that cannot be influenced by bias.

Update(10/2/14):
    So, as I've been exploring the forums, I realized that I never actually included drones in the judging, so, if the ship has drones then they will, for numeric purposes, simply add to the total for damage and shields, but the effectiveness of the drone in swarms and the drone's other stats will contribute to the ships overall ranking and aesthetic ranking.

Also, I am gonna add a list of entered ships at the bottom, one because I think you guys should know what you're up against, and two because I'm lazy and it seems like an easy way to keep track of them all.

Oh, and, I made the wonderful discovery of colored text. :D

Update(10/10/14):
    So there is actually a prize now! Orphaniel has offered one of these, either a) a custom ship for the sole use of the overall winner or b) a custom piece of artwork for the overall winner.

Also, I had an idea, what if, instead of me picking the best design, since it is a category based solely on opinion, I posted a poll at the end of the competition and you guys pick which ship had the best design? I will just be a tiebreaker. Let me know which you would like more!

Update(10/14/14):
    The prize ships are complete!
    Ezekiel Class Destroyers: General purpose exploration, science and combat ships. There will be three variants.
    Winners will have the .sment files sent to them for their use as they see fit.
    SUPERNOVA Ezekiel Class
    Awarded to all participants.

BRONZE Ezekiel Class
    Awarded to the winners of any particular catagory

GOLD Ezekiel class to the overall winner

The idea for a silver Ezekiel was scrapped because it's just be gray, and not very interesting as a result.
    Here's some more images of the craft in question:

The overall winner will also receive artwork of their choice by me; quality is not guaranteed - some things I just draw less crappily than others.

Entered Ships:

Hyperion Dreadnought - http://starmadedock.net/content/hyperion-dreadnought.1423/

Rex
    - http://starmadedock.net/content/rex.1421/

Warhammer40K Battle Barge
    - http://starmadedock.net/content/warhammer40k-battle-barge.1275/

UNSC Infinity - http://starmadedock.net/content/unsc-infinity.1011/

SG1 Ha'tak Goa'uld Mothership - http://starmadedock.net/content/sg-1-hatak-goauld-mothership-by-brolak.1456/

UX-463 Gen IV Copernicus - http://starmadedock.net/content/ux-463-gen-iv-copernicus.1278/

The Death Star

Humpback-G
    - http://starmadedock.net/content/humpback-g.1181/

Posterity - http://starmadedock.net/content/posterity.1683/

GJFCo Amaterasu - http://starmadedock.net/content/gjfco-amaterasu.1688/

The Conduit - http://starmadedock.net/content/the-conduit-currently-wip.1818/
    No Preview Available

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    how can you build a titan in 3 months. would a 240m long ship count

Reaction score
    how can you build a titan in 3 months. would a 240m long ship count
    I'm not picky about the ship being exactly 100,000+ mass, if your ship is under by a little that is fine, but if it is less than 95,000 it will have a handicap in the judging. Otherwise it would be unfair, in categories like speed, to bigger ships.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    you might have trouble with the maneuverability and range sections, as there are hard limits at work there that everyone will hit regardless.

Ships that size all turn at the slowest rate, the only possible exception might be roll speed.

Maximum range is 2000m with long range missiles.

Still, I might aswell enter.

Reaction score
    you might have trouble with the maneuverability and range sections, as there are hard limits at work there that everyone will hit regardless.

Ships that size all turn at the slowest rate, the only possible exception might be roll speed.

Maximum range is 2000m with long range missiles.

Still, I might aswell enter.
    I am aware that there are built in hard limits. Those categories are going to be judged on the theoretical, or calculated from the weapon cores, range and speed. And yes I realize that with maneuverability it is going to be very small differences in who wins it.

By the way, that isn't actually the longest range, the sectors have to have been loaded already, but I've seen a ship with an effective range of 8km on its turrets.

Thanks for the feedback and for entering, regardless of how well the actual competition goes, I'm excited to see what kind of ships people come up with.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Wait only 100,000 blocks? I wouldn't necessarily call those titans, 1 mil maybe. I do plan on submitting my ships though.

Reaction score
    Oh you mean 100,000 mass not blocks. Ya may want to change that in the OP. And I use that classification too, its a good one.
    Oh, ok, will do, thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1410721118,1410720850][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Would enter my titan but i dont give blueprints
    That's too bad, the more the merrier. Also, these will not be public, that's why submissions are via PM, and I am not using any of these titans for anything except the contest.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!

But uh.... my assault turret alone has slightly over 100k mass, with the hull of the main ship currently sitting at 150k mass. You may want to review the minimum mass since most things you'll be getting here will most likely be over 400k mass.

Reaction score
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!!

But uh.... my assault turret alone has slightly over 100k mass, with the hull of the main ship currently sitting at 150k mass. You may want to review the minimum mass since most things you'll be getting here will most likely be over 400k mass.
    That's probably a good idea, but I'm a little bit on the OCD side so I think I'm just gonna leave it as the standard classification.

You have one damn big ship my friend, I look forward to seeing what it can do.

Reaction score
    any restrictions regarding credits?
    Nope. That's the great thing about titans, the restriction is a minimum size. These ships can be a gorram big as you want them to be. The only restrictions are the minimum size and the time you have to build them.

Reaction score
    Oh, ok, will do, thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1410721118,1410720850][/DOUBLEPOST]
    That's too bad, the more the merrier. Also, these will not be public, that's why submissions are via PM, and I am not using any of these titans for anything except the contest.
    Id have to do it myself

Reaction score
    100k mass means minimun 1 000 000 blocks..... interesting contest but no for me.
    Imo a 200 m ship of 200-300k block is enough(20k to 30k mass)
    good luck to people entering the contest.