Starmade Ship Showcases

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hey there Starmade community,

As players continue to submit their ships for the new trailer we'll be filming soon, we've started to release ship showcases of the ships we've received.

If you like a ship then give it a like and share it around, the ships with the most likes and views will be more likely to be used in the trailer, so pick what you want to represent the game you so love. Also we're still planning on the organised big fleet battles so leave a comment on the ship showcase vids of the ships you want to see in the big battles, and even let us know what ships should vs each other.

Ship Classes

There's no official ship classifications, but I've decided to use a mix of Crusade's and GROOV3ST3R's basically it's based off mass, then a little bit of fiddling around regarding usage, armaments, docking, turrets and hangers etc.

This is what I'm planning to use in each of the showcase videos so you can at least see what ships fall in to what category.

For those interested in also using these class icons you can grab them all here...
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1371iklp1xdjcf/AAAtLkOuWs5znffaOgQU-LaEa?dl=0

Just don't claim you made them yourself and shoot me a link to anything you use them for and we'll be all sweet.

Here's the breakdown of it as well as some shiny rankings....

We'll start the showcases off with a quick one on a fighter submitted by Aceface...

Last edited:

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I have over 100 to do already so keep an eye on the channel and the thread :)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Wow you've put a lot of working into that showcase, the technical presentation is great

Reaction score
    It's impressive, I know that I definitely can't hope to make a video even half that good.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So hopefully some new ones coming out today :D any suggestions on what else to include? weapon specs? pov piloting the ship?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Also please leave a comment below if you'd like me to make the class emblems available for people to post in their shipyard threads etc.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Weapon specifications would be nice, if it has missiles a salvo recharge time would also be useful to know. As for the class emblems, that certainly sounds interesting albeit hard to implement on a universal level (people use different ship classifications). Nonetheless the option itself would be encouraging.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yeah I don't think we'll be implementing a universal class system, but at least the option is there that if you want to use this specific classification system, there's some associated imagery that will help others from the community with being able to recognise that yes yours is named using that class system.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I'll add a missile reload timer

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    every shipwright tends to class ships differently, the way different manufacturers will class things differently IRL. I go by flower names. others go by names of gods, others go by names based on the irl navy, and still others will go off of other scifi series. it's all relative.

Reactions: Krutzelpuntz

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Latest Showcase is out

The Bebop II submitted by Eodomo

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I'm gonna send my ships in for this. My Titan is taking longer than expected ( I hate school......) so I will send in a 1 or 2 fighters and my dreadnaught

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    These are ace, good job!

Reaction score
    I think a ranking system should be added like this, it's pretty cool. Although it needs to account for other fractions, too, like dominant weapon. If its dominant weapon is a mining laser, then it will have a mining related rank.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    thanks, more coming soon :) Any questions anyone?